PDA

View Full Version : Bowstring animations in shogun2 confirmed

Swoosh So
11-19-2010, 20:21
Quote from craigtw from another totalwar site.

"Hi guys,

Just letting you into a secret: bowstring animations will feature in the game.

*Sneaks out by back door before being mobbed by paparazzi*

-Craig. "

Oops hope i dident steal his thunder was only posted like 15 mins ago, if i have just delete my thread when he posts plz.

A Nerd
11-19-2010, 20:51
Is this good? Do people want more, perhaps unnecessary graphical detail instead of a decent, working foundation that such things should be build upon? I just hope they have finished producing and/or polished the basic gameplay that is to be the 'replicated and improved upon' aspects of STW2, being our beloved STWs namesake, before bowstrings, shoestrings and katata flash while eloquently cutting down an adversary amimations are implemented. Perhaps I am wrong in my opinon of this, but the bland and flat of STW and MTW kept me more interested and entertained than did the pretty picture that what was to follow them.

Swoosh So
11-19-2010, 21:41
Its something that alot of people have asked for over the years, personally i dont really care about it. They were present in shogun1 and i think they were removed form the game in rome onwards. Its nice for movie creation which is becoming more popular as time goes on in totalwar.

As u can see here normal players can make some really impressive videos with the totalwar engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bcaAWiHDSw

Nelson
11-20-2010, 06:10
Is this good? Do people want more, perhaps unnecessary graphical detail instead of a decent, working foundation that such things should be build upon? I just hope they have finished producing and/or polished the basic gameplay that is to be the 'replicated and improved upon' aspects of STW2, being our beloved STWs namesake, before bowstrings, shoestrings and katata flash while eloquently cutting down an adversary amimations are implemented. Perhaps I am wrong in my opinon of this, but the bland and flat of STW and MTW kept me more interested and entertained than did the pretty picture that what was to follow them.

When sound and color were added to motion pictures some people asked “Are films really better?”

Technology marches on.

To answer the question, yes, I want better graphics. This is a visual medium. It isn’t a choice between graphics and other features. I would like all game elements to improve.

Someone might prefer Medieval 1 over Medieval 2 but surely the graphics are not the reason.

AggonyReborn
11-20-2010, 08:10
What I see is peoples likes or dislikes on certain paths CA took with each new release. I noticed a lot of people have in mind their idea what a total war game should be. As the future goes on things will change and we all should realize changes will take place.Total War IS Total War. Like it or not it will be there for whoever chooses to particiapte in it, new or old. So lets not stress on what it should be and just accept what it will be for funs sake. If we all do that I believe it will be a good experience.

Magyar Khan
11-20-2010, 13:46
hahahhaha besides moviemaking aspects whats the use of that......

CRAIG focus on gameplay...... and MP gameplay make sure that its perfect and not think its perfect....... bowstringanimation is the last u should be busy with..... :o)

sigh

Husar
11-20-2010, 14:19
So you think the people from the graphics department should focus on programming gameplay functions? :laugh4:
Do you like buggy games? :laugh4:

Nelson
11-20-2010, 15:15
hahahhaha besides moviemaking aspects whats the use of that......

CRAIG focus on gameplay...... and MP gameplay make sure that its perfect and not think its perfect....... bowstringanimation is the last u should be busy with..... :o)

sigh

The word “perfect” doesn’t apply here at all anyway. Perfection may be possible in a math proof but not in a computer game. Perfect for one person is decidedly imperfect for others.

Speaking for myself, graphic details like the the bowstring animation are more important than almost any MP feature.

Swoosh So
11-20-2010, 15:51
I dont see the problem with it although im hardly over the moon about bowstring animations.

The folks over at the TWC are over the moon about it as many of the community had been asking for this, remember we all play the game for different reasons and adding bowstring animations will hardly detract from anything else.

Alexander the Pretty Good
11-20-2010, 16:16
If you've zoomed in that far to see for more than one or two battles, you or the AI aren't doing their job. Either you are neglecting your troops formations and the battle as a whole, or the AI is so easily beaten that you can safely neglect your armies.

Kagemusha
11-20-2010, 16:45
Nice. Still its only icing on the cake, which i dont mind as icing is well..Nice.

A Nerd
11-20-2010, 19:40
I didn't realize it was such a desired feature. I just thought that being zoomed out, this, and other minute detail wouldn't be noticable. Still, I hope some of the unseen mechanics of the game have received as much attention due to desires of the development team to polish features and appease the requests of the games fan base. I suppose only time will tell.