PDA

View Full Version : Bowstring animations

Swoosh So
12-13-2010, 19:26
Heres a link to the longest preview video ever seen

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/3734-Behind-the-scenes-special-Bowstring-animation-video

AggonyKing
12-13-2010, 19:32
well that looks nice ^_^ although too bad I never really zoom in to see animations >_>

Phog_of_War
12-14-2010, 03:18
Ooooo...bowstring animations!!! Soooooo excited by that!! *sigh*:rolleyes:
Hope we get some real information soon.

Tuuvi
12-14-2010, 05:58
As an archer I thought the sound effects were pretty terrible. I thought they said they were going to record real weapons for the sound effects, but maybe they're still WIP, they did sound a lot like the bow sound effects from earlier TW games. The animations were pretty cool, I wonder how accurate they were.

A Nerd
12-14-2010, 19:06
The bowstring animations looked nice, but I too would like more to the game than the minute detail like footsteps, bowstrings, etc. I thought the sound of the strings was familiar, I could have sworn I heard it in STW. I could be wrong about that, but still familiar, perhaps more definately in M2TW.

Tuuvi
12-14-2010, 21:53
The bowstring animations looked nice, but I too would like more to the game than the minute detail like footsteps, bowstrings, etc. I thought the sound of the strings was familiar, I could have sworn I heard it in STW. I could be wrong about that, but still familiar, perhaps more definately in M2TW.

Yea they sounded exactly like the sounds from RTW and M2TW.

Swoosh So
12-15-2010, 01:46
Yea they sounded exactly like the sounds from RTW and M2TW.

Well i guess bows kinda sound the same :) so a good thing that theyre similar no? :)

Tuuvi
12-15-2010, 21:17
Well i guess bows kinda sound the same :) so a good thing that theyre similar no? :)

Haha well the sound effects from RTW and M2TW weren't realistic either...in my experience bows don't rattle so much when you shoot them. Its not really a big deal, like others have said the minor details aren't as important.

EDIT: I found this video of a guy shooting a yumi bow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPGUnKjUh8s&feature=related for comparison. Seems like yumi bows are louder than my longbow. So forgive me for nitpicking out of ignorance :sweatdrop:

A Nerd
12-16-2010, 02:17
well the sound effects from RTW and M2TW weren't realistic either

I haven't shot a bow since summer camp, so can't comment on the sound, but I never really did like the M2TW bow sound. I just thought that if they are taking the time to use the actual sounds of footsteps on different surfaces and the like, they would use new bow sounds, you know, update them from RTW and M2TW. Perhaps to a Japanese bow instead of a European one, if the sound is different. I too am nitpicking about bow sounds, I can't beleive it! :)