PDA

View Full Version : New Single Player Campaign Video

Swoosh So
01-13-2011, 14:13
Hi guys just linking a new single player campaign video enjoy!

Single Player Campaign Video (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/shogun2totalwar/video/6286202/?tag=topslot;thumb;1)

gollum
01-13-2011, 14:57
Very sweet.

The campaign graphics, interface, and battle graphics are astounding; the art is also well researched, mature and fitting.

if the gameplay is half as good as the graphics are, the AI is taken care of, and the game lacks too obvious bugs at release i predict lots of good times.

Its also fitting that they chose a Japanese lady to narrate it - their english accents have a certain formality combined with awkwardness that makes it some how very characteristic and beautiful in a strange way. Its easy to tell as they usually use interchangeably "r" and "l"; in Japanese its exaclty the same, hence "arrigato" is also "alligato".

Thanks Swoosh, good find. Nice job CA.

antisocialmunky
01-13-2011, 15:33
I like how narration-lady is flopping back between an English accent and a Japanese one.

Also interesting how the campaign/battle maps are mislabelled.

gollum
01-13-2011, 15:36
You think on purpose or by accident? I say accident.

Chimpyang
01-13-2011, 19:00
Definitely accident. Although, it brings up doubts along the lines of Piss up, Brewery, Organise.

Ibn-Khaldun
01-13-2011, 23:52
Nice video! ~:)

edyzmedieval
01-14-2011, 03:55
Campaign looks brilliant, animations and battle textures look meh.

I'm kinda worried about this.

Tuuvi
01-14-2011, 06:59
Campaign looks brilliant, animations and battle textures look meh.

I'm kinda worried about this.

Yea the color coded soldiers are awful but the game itself looks to be pretty fun.

gollum
01-14-2011, 08:03
I guess you can argue about the colors as a matter of opinion and taste, but the animations seem top notch to me.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfviAcCeMxY)

They are a bit awkward at times in the way they combine, but they always were - i don't think they will make them match perfectly as move/counter move anytime soon.

edyzmedieval
01-14-2011, 14:59
The way those ashigaru walk remind me of Teenage Ninja Turtles, two steps at a time.
NTW animations were very good, what's this?

antisocialmunky
01-14-2011, 15:12
The way those ashigaru walk remind me of Teenage Ninja Turtles, two steps at a time.
NTW animations were very good, what's this?

Historical Accuracy.

gollum
01-14-2011, 19:48
lol

Subotan
01-19-2011, 10:13
Narration lady was a bit off-putting to be honest. I think CA were trying to hard to make it Japanese.

It's a bit worrying the video did not mention the diplomatic AI at all, considering that it's the key flaw of the Total War games. I was really hoping they'd have made some kind of breakthrough with this :(

Swoosh So
01-20-2011, 01:31
I liked diplomacy in ntw :O was a big step forward imo.

Cecil XIX
01-25-2011, 01:44
Narration lady was a bit off-putting to be honest. I think CA were trying to hard to make it Japanese.

It's a bit worrying the video did not mention the diplomatic AI at all, considering that it's the key flaw of the Total War games. I was really hoping they'd have made some kind of breakthrough with this :(

They should bring back the guy from Shogun 1.

"The enemy taisho is fleeing from the battlefield! But his dishonor, and our swords, shall chase him to grave!"

antisocialmunky
01-26-2011, 00:02
Do do da do [continues doing the STW victory music].

Fisherking
01-26-2011, 16:20
What are the sexual themes mentioned in the trailer?

Is it marrying daughters to other factions?

It sounds great but you know I am going to wait on this one and see what they deliver before spending the money.

Phog_of_War
01-27-2011, 23:33
Im going to assume that it has to do with your geisha. I know, I know, geisha did not use sex as part of their business. That was the concubines. But the distinction is never made clear and I bet the developers put one of their geisha assassins in a sexual situation in orrder to make the kill.

antisocialmunky
01-28-2011, 05:40
What are the sexual themes mentioned in the trailer?

Is it marrying daughters to other factions?

It sounds great but you know I am going to wait on this one and see what they deliver before spending the money.

Tentacles.

gollum
01-31-2011, 00:49
Fisherking, have you started sounding like everyone else around here, or is it my idea? ;)

Antisocialmunkey:lol

This is the next trailer that focuses on battles. More battlefield footage:
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/shogun2totalwar/video/6287046/shogun-2-total-war-gameplay-trailer

a completely inoffensive name
01-31-2011, 08:12
Since Empire was a big regret for me, and I didn't buy Napoleon, I will wait a loooong period before deciding to buy this game, no matter how well the hype is given.

Fisherking
01-31-2011, 13:48
Fisherking, have you started sounding like everyone else around here, or is it my idea? ;)

This is the next trailer that focuses on battles. More battlefield footage:
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/shogun2totalwar/video/6287046/shogun-2-total-war-gameplay-trailer

Well, maybe. :laugh4:

I think I learned not to get too excited by the same hype that precedes every game release.

If I don’t have it on release day I think I will manage to live. Waiting a while won’t bankrupt the company but lower preorder sales might send a message.

Whether they understand that or not, is another topic.

Since Empire was a big regret for me, and I didn't buy Napoleon, I will wait a loooong period before deciding to buy this game, no matter how well the hype is given.

NTW is what ETW should have been from the beginning. Not in scope but in game play. It is a worthwhile title. Besides that it is also at bargain prices.

I won’t right off the franchise but I want to see them do a much better job, with the games and with the fans.:inquisitive:

gollum
01-31-2011, 19:40
That's what i thought :)

I am getting this on release - sentimental reasons and fan of the setting/period. Of course, it would be naive to think that it won't be without bugs etc etc however every release that is based on the same engine is usually more polished. I also have hopes for the gameplay with less units and i like the idea of more characters/politics on the camp map. But yes, waiting for a bit before buying generally saves you the frustration of having to go through all the bugs that bug the initial release. Buggy affair, pc gaming is.