PDA

View Full Version : pevergreen's games

pevergreen
01-31-2011, 16:17
I've wanted to do this for a while, and for a time, I was happy using the world of Inishmore, but that has got me stuck in a timeperiod and location.

So, from now on, I've got me a new setting.

Welcome to [name of world not chosen]!

A world of relative peace, stories are told about events long ago that involved magical weapons, heroes and an invading nation from across the sea.

What I like about this is I can make my world how I want it, put who I want in it and have it all nice and lovely. Game outcomes will affect the world, a mafia victory might mean territory gained, or lost. Town victory could result in prestige gained, nations disgraced and borders held.

Map of the land before any games:

https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/pevergreen/colourmap.jpg

Over 9000 hours in MSpaint etc.

It serves my purpose though.

The nations:

The Yellow Tribes - Nomadic desert people
The Green Empire - Roman-esque
Archbishopric of White - Paladins, healers etc
The Kingdom of Orange - Medieval knights
The Free cities of Red - Italian miltia, traders
The Blue Republic - Heavy infantry, not as disciplined as Greens, but better individual fighters
The Teal Council - Mages, spell users etc
The Black Brotherhood - Assassins, spies etc
The Purple Leage - Foreign invaders in the past, now accepted.
And whatever I decide to call brown. - Woodspeople. Druids, shapeshifters. Archers.

Basic history:
Thousands of years ago, the entire land was under the control of the Green Empire. It slowly declined and fell apart into 6 nations, Green, Blue, Orange, Brown, Yellow and Red. Teal was part of Blue and Green owned Purple/white/black areas.

A few hundred years before the present time, the limited naval capabilities of all occupants of the land prevented the warning of a massive invading army. Years of warfare ensued, with the bickering nations having to unite to fight off the threat. Peace was finally establised, with the current borders. The black and white nations were created post war, and the teal council succeeded from blue, although they remain close and rule together.

As I was typing this out, I had another idea. If people want to help out, I'm more than happy to let you pick a colour(nation) and give/write ideas about the history, notable people, or anything relating to it.

Only guidelines are:
No legendary weapons. Those are taken care of.
Sea travel is extremely limited. To the Black Isle is about as far as it goes. Can't sail from nation to nation.
Keep inside the given generalisation for each nation. Purple is exempt, as there are no specific directions I have in mind for them.

This will be the focus of my large games, and I'm thinking about hosting a small or two to establish some game history.

Oh man, a persistant universe is gunna be awesome. If you win or do something cool in a game, your name goes down in the history books too.

:beam:

Double A
01-31-2011, 21:48
Welcome to [name of world not chosen]!

Hyrule.

edit: Finished reading, this sounds like super awesome fun!

I can't tell the difference between the yellow and orange you used, but I'm assuming Yellow is in the south and Orange is the north.

If you're doing sign-ups or anything, I wouldn't mind being Green.

Beskar
01-31-2011, 23:50
Reminds me of Tamriel.
http://tamrielchronicles.com/assets/EmpireOfTamriel.gif

I have high hopes for peverlona (http://say.expressivo.com/XBO1qvGm) [click link]

Double A
02-01-2011, 01:14
Purple could be Avakari!

pevergreen
02-01-2011, 01:25
Reminds me of Tamriel.

Its actually a lot closer to Elibe, the world of Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090813125048/fireemblem/images/5/58/Elibe_Map.jpg

Chaotix
02-01-2011, 01:43
Its actually a lot closer to Elibe, the world of Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken.

In that case, make the purple dudes Laguz or some other kind of Beastmen. Not the right game in the series, but would still be jawesome.

pevergreen
02-01-2011, 02:05
In that case, make the purple dudes Laguz or some other kind of Beastmen. Not the right game in the series, but would still be jawesome.

Ergh, I hated the Laguz.

For shapeshifting, I've got the brown dudes, though I still need a name for them.

Double A
02-01-2011, 02:39
Druidia.

pevergreen
02-01-2011, 02:57
Druidia.

Does that fit with the other names?

:laugh4:

Double A
02-01-2011, 03:21
:tongue:

You can just call it The Brown Lands until you think of something else.

pevergreen
02-01-2011, 08:26
:tongue:

You can just call it The Brown Lands until you think of something else.

Miotas raised a decent point:

This is just creating the world at this point, in an actual game, all you do is play your role, as normal. If you wanted, however, backstory and history would be there.

Double A
02-01-2011, 13:17
pever, I don't think Miotas posted in this thread... have you been at Skooma's house recently?

pevergreen
02-01-2011, 13:43
pever, I don't think Miotas posted in this thread... have you been at Skooma's house recently?

5:20 PM - miotas: It looks very interesting, but you sound like you want pretty dedicated players
5:21 PM - miotas: are you going to make a game where poeple control the countriies or will you be using the coutnries as settings for mafia games?

Steam chat. :beam:

Double A
02-02-2011, 00:49
This IS a nations game, right?

pevergreen
02-02-2011, 03:51
This IS a nations game, right?

Nope, this is merely creating a world in which mafia games can be played.

One game may be in Yellow territory featuring blue, red, green and white people as characters, while another may be in green territory featuring only greens and a few blacks.

Once I flesh out the world enough, this thread will then have the actual games in planning in it.

Double A
02-02-2011, 04:43
... why not both?

pevergreen
02-02-2011, 05:05
... why not both?

Because a game involving worldwide options has the potential to wipe out a nation.

If I wanted to end the entire thing, sure, but for a stable platform, no.

Double A
02-02-2011, 05:56
I'm sure you can think of some way where you can do both in the same game.

Like this (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221847&highlight=total+mafia). Except you just don't kill the nations (only weaken them). Or some such.

My point is I want to be able to be a mean, Green, killing machine.

pevergreen
02-02-2011, 07:31

If you get 7 other people interested, I'll run some sort of Rise of Civilisation thing like Lucjan did.

Double A
02-02-2011, 22:42
7 OTHER PEOPLE! ARE YOU INTERESTED?