PDA

View Full Version : Ordering unit formations

zarker
02-23-2011, 08:34
In the demo - I noticed that when selecting multiple units for a formation, the units dont get positioned in the order they were selected. This is a real pain that I remember from MTW1. Will this get fixed, or are we going to get stuck with it?

For example - in the 2nd manually controlled battle in the demo, I clicked on Katana, nagitnata, nagitnata, no-dachi (in that order)i. But when I dragged them into a line i got, katana, nagitnata, no-dachi, nagitnata

It may be ok to manually order them one unit at a time before the battle starts, but on the fly during a battle - like when re-grouping for a second wave...

oh no!

Hoping this is a bug in the demo that will get fixed on final...

Kagemusha
02-23-2011, 08:59
I noticed the same thing yesterday when i was playing. I am quite sure it will be fixed for the final release. Still as ive been playing lot of original STW the past few weeks it doesnt bother much as the grouping in original game is so basic.

Ibn-Khaldun
02-23-2011, 11:14
I may be wrong but this kind of problem was present in RTW and M2TW as well.

zarker
02-23-2011, 14:45
Not in rtw, and dont think in m2tw either. Neither in the original stw - it kept the unit order, but not row/rank numbers set when the group was created. As far as I remember only MTW had this unit order problem. One of reasons I stopped playing it pretty damn quickly.

antisocialmunky
02-23-2011, 15:07
I always group units by their type and function. :\

zarker
02-23-2011, 15:23
Oops!
Beg pardon - it was a problem in STW, but not in RTW or M2TW. Couldn;t say for the games after that I'm afraid.
It wasn't so much of a problem in STW as MTW, as STW had much less options for front-line units.
Wonder why they brought it back for STW2?

antisocialmunky
02-23-2011, 17:37
Sequel.

al Roumi
02-23-2011, 18:16
ohh, I never knew you could click the units in order to sequence their deployment in a formation... It always really annoyed me in every single TW game (all of them minus NTW) that I couldn't easily put spears on the flanks of a preset formation. duh...

zarker
02-23-2011, 18:16
Improved.
?

zarker
02-23-2011, 18:19
ohh, I never knew you could click the units in order to sequence their deployment in a formation... It always really annoyed me in every single TW game (all of them minus NTW) that I couldn't easily put spears on the flanks of a preset formation. duh...

I'd love to know if it works properly in NTW :)

al Roumi
02-23-2011, 18:31
I'd love to know if it works properly in NTW :)

sorry, I mean't that's the only one I haven't played! :smile:

zarker
02-23-2011, 19:25
oops :)
How about the earlier one (was it Europe TW?). Just wondering if this unit-selection ordering thing is a rigorous feature, or just a fluke.

Prussian to the Iron
02-26-2011, 00:18
This was a problem in ETW as well, but I remember it being as it should be in Rome and M2