PDA

View Full Version : You have been monked

zarker
02-23-2011, 19:30
Anybody have any further info on what the demo kinda hinted at - that enemy monks can trigger upisings. Is this going to be like a random catastrophe kind of thing? Or like a shogun version of medieval mass-migrations/invasions? Or something else entirely?

and while we're at it - does anybody know if there's a way to disable mass migrations/invasions in M2TW? (yeah - i know this is wrong forum - but just while we're on the subject :) )

Kagemusha
02-23-2011, 19:44
Anybody have any further info on what the demo kinda hinted at - that enemy monks can trigger upisings. Is this going to be like a random catastrophe kind of thing? Or like a shogun version of medieval mass-migrations/invasions? Or something else entirely?

and while we're at it - does anybody know if there's a way to disable mass migrations/invasions in M2TW? (yeah - i know this is wrong forum - but just while we're on the subject :) )

I bet the monks are functioning bit like the Shinobi in the original STW, causing rebellion when set on enemy province.Though maybe they have specific missions for doing so this time that cost money.

Nelson
02-23-2011, 19:49
Perhaps Christian daimyos will find monks to be especially rebellious. This could be one more thing to consider when taking up the cross.

Barkhorn1x
02-23-2011, 20:39
Monks are great as they can be used to demoralize an enemy army - preferably right before you attack - and I am guessing they are more effective against Christians.

One feature of agents that I noticed is that sending them on missions as often as you can levels them up despite failures. It seems that the game now rewards OJT rather than just successes. Agents also have their own special ability trees somewhat similar to diamyo arts trees and missions over time accrue points towards proficiency in different specialties.

A Nerd
02-24-2011, 01:01
I liked the fact that diplomatic pieces are producable again. I never liked the spawning diplomatic piece.

sugam
02-24-2011, 01:15
well, unlike the original shogun, monks are certainly not as powerful was they where in the acual battle field. I feel a little uneasy about this rock paper scissors set up..