PDA

View Full Version : TWS2 taxes

TosaInu
03-02-2011, 20:00
Hello,

I noticed in the demo how to change taxes, but that is applying to all provinces. I also noticed the tickbox per province exempt from taxes. Where is the option to set different taxes for each province?

Phog_of_War
03-02-2011, 20:07
Yes it is in the ETW and NTW tax style. I havent seen province specific tax sliders since Med 2 IIRC. I wish they would go back to them. It was so much easier to balance your economy and happiness with individual provinces being highly taxed because of repression or the province being the seat of goverment for instance.

TosaInu
03-02-2011, 20:15
It's probably just not there then, thanks. This tax system has merits and I'm happy about the excluding option. But I've to see whether it's really going to work, for I know I had cities in RTW-M2TW which just never got anywhere regarding happiness. No matter how much soldiers, governors or buildings I added. When it strikes a big city, getting no tax at all from it will hurt a lot. I also wonder how the place is going to react when I turn the tax back on.

gollum
03-02-2011, 20:50
RTW and M2 had the distance from capital penalties that were contributing to that, as well as the "squeeze" of population as cities approached upgrading levels. The one tax for all provinces was brought back in ETW as it was present in the original STW. Basically, it meant that approaching harvest term one should have prepared particularly with newly acquired provinces to raise happiness so he could increase the tax overall.

The individual tax rates per province, first intriduced in MTW, added too much micromanagement to the game and the player could now optimize tax profits accross his lands without running the risk of rebellions at newly acquired/different culture-religion provinces, something the AI was never very adept at doing, but of course he got bonuses at high difficulty levels to compensate.

Phog_of_War
03-03-2011, 06:43
And yet, in MTW even with being able to micromanage taxes, you still got huge rebellions in the endgame.

A Nerd
03-03-2011, 07:23
I like the tax management system in M2TW more so than in ETW. I am glad S2TW is more like M2TW in reguards to taxes. It is just a bit of micromanaging that I enjoy.

gollum
03-03-2011, 19:48
Originally posted by Phog of War
And yet, in MTW even with being able to micromanage taxes, you still got huge rebellions in the endgame.

That was the "bloat effect" - either a bug or intended game feature. Basically towards the end you get a massive loyalty drop and so potential rebellions.