PDA

View Full Version : MP TW Book

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-03-2011, 23:21
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm finishing up a small book of my own that I'm going to have publish. I like to propose a idea for this forum. I have found this publisher online that will publish anything for you (minium 108 pages for a actual book though) and I checked them out and they are legit.

I like to have a book published about TW MP from the beginning to now. A "Who's who) book I should say. I'm looking at around 100 TW MP players and clans, 1-2 pages each for players (perhaps more) and 3-5 pages for clans. If you like to help, this is what I need from you guys and gals. I need you guys to write a 1-2 page summary (more if needed) about yourself and PM it to me or e-mail it to me (Warman8@gmail.com). Anyone here who wants to help me write summaries up about any clan is more then welcome to.

I will add each person's entry into the book and I'll seek to it that I (try) to get everyone a copy of the book for free.

What you guys think? It be nice to perserve our history so we can look back in 30 years from now and laugh about the goofy crap we did on a video game.

Please do let me know what you think of this.

:bow:

DthB4Dishonor
03-04-2011, 04:06
Sounds interesting. I remember a thread a LONG TIME AGO that had the clans give a summary and history of themselves. This is circa RTW IIRC. I'll look for it.

Kocmoc
03-04-2011, 11:25
If you do this, you should also generate a timeline, in the best case with times when a patch did hit the masses and what it did change.
I advice you to try to get puzz3d or one of the other mizu, they have quite a good idea about what happened that time.

Just to collect player and clans isnt enough imo. Try to bring the changes the game took in, show how basics changed.
Let me give you one example. 1999 or 2000 we had mostly 56k modem, you hardly met people with faster connection than this.
Still STW was possible to play, 3v3 was okay for most people, 4v4 was hard with 56k modem.

Also i can give you numbers about player, in STW we had a peak (peak is always in the early evening eastern US time) of 80-90 Player online,
during day in europe there was mostly below 10 only. All in all we had around 300-400 player who played STW online.
Mi brought a peak as i did hold my tourney with 246 people online same time - Tourney page is still - www.kocmoc.de

I think other can give same information of rome or other TW games, i would bring this infos in, they are quite interesting
and will spice it up. Information about different persons are sometimes interesting, many times not. Especially as 100 people are quite a lot.

Just my idea of how i would structure a book.

03-05-2011, 14:59
Sounds interesting. I remember a thread a LONG TIME AGO that had the clans give a summary and history of themselves. This is circa RTW IIRC. I'll look for it.

That will be helpful Dth, thank you so much!

If you do this, you should also generate a timeline, in the best case with times when a patch did hit the masses and what it did change.
I advice you to try to get puzz3d or one of the other mizu, they have quite a good idea about what happened that time.

Just to collect player and clans isnt enough imo. Try to bring the changes the game took in, show how basics changed.
Let me give you one example. 1999 or 2000 we had mostly 56k modem, you hardly met people with faster connection than this.
Still STW was possible to play, 3v3 was okay for most people, 4v4 was hard with 56k modem.

Also i can give you numbers about player, in STW we had a peak (peak is always in the early evening eastern US time) of 80-90 Player online,
during day in europe there was mostly below 10 only. All in all we had around 300-400 player who played STW online.
Mi brought a peak as i did hold my tourney with 246 people online same time - Tourney page is still - www.kocmoc.de

I think other can give same information of rome or other TW games, i would bring this infos in, they are quite interesting
and will spice it up. Information about different persons are sometimes interesting, many times not. Especially as 100 people are quite a lot.

Just my idea of how i would structure a book.

OK Kocmoc, thanks for the link. That is a good set of ideas you gave me. I shall ask some of the Mizus about it and I'll make sure I'll add this stuff in the book.

DthB4Dishonor
03-05-2011, 19:26
Here is some info on RTK (Its not upto date though). Here is link to the thread CubKing https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?34598-TotalWar-Community-and-Clan-History-Project

Upon my entrance into the RTK I was given no such water, but do remember spitting some out in disgust at a few posts placed in our forums by members of other clans who felt the need to hold a grudge where one was not necessary. Eh well. There's definitely something to be said about winning and losing with good nature, and some people just will never find that...being the virtue that it is. I suppose thats why some say silence is golden.

I hope this project comes to a head at some point. It would be interesting to read the history before I came into the TW scene...somewhere around May of 2002 or so iirc.

Elrich would be much better at many of these questions, but I will endeavor to help as best I can.

***CLAN QUESTIONNAIRE***

Name of your clan: Round Table Knights (RTK)

Founded (date): unsure, early 2002 I believe

Website (adress): http://www.clanroundtable.homestead.com/fp.html

Leadership: (democracy, counsil, clanleader, other): Hierarchy or sorts.

We have a King - Elrich
Below him a few Realm Advisors - Agravain and Lional
Then Head Knight - Antoine
Knights - Pellinore, Dagonet, Kay, Galahad, and myself
Head Knights Apprentice - Ghazan
Knights Apprentice - Charlemagne (whom is also Emissary), Leonidas, Mercurius, Saladin, Tor
Head Squire - Dinas
Squires - Constantine, Flintoff
About Gawain...he is an RTK, definitely. But his status is a bit hazy atm, so I am not sure exactly where to place him. His most recent status was Knight, but he sort of unfortunately got lost in the shuffle from transition to RTW from MTW. But he is still active, and still a valued member of the clan.

We also have a recruit system known as the Pages - whom are not really full RTK members, but you must first be a Page before you can become an RTK

Clanleader Counsil members (current): Listed in Hierarchy

Clanmembers (active): I will list when they joined as when their RTK names were registered, which is really the only way I can do it as one person.

Name: Elrich
When joined: March 12, 2002
Rank or special task(s): King. Takes care of the Realm pretty much
Previous clan(s): Dreads, unsure before then. He can come fill in this section
Previous name(s):
More info about this member: He's an autocrat. j/k Good guy. Met him in real life. Can't hold his whiskey. Very good at managing a large and diverse group of people. Not afraid to speak his mind.

Name: Agravain
When joined: February 4, 2004
Rank or special task(s): Realm Advisor
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s): Page Pox (iirc)
More info about this member: IMO one of the well respected members of the TW community. He has been involved in organizing many tournaments, and was definitely one of RTKs best Emissaries before moving on to bigger and better quarters in the castle.

Name: Lional
When joined: December 27, 2002
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s): Cheetah, from right here at the ORG
More info about this member: Somewhat soft spoken, but extremely formidable opponent. I don't believe there is a single member of RTK past or present that hasn't learned something from him. He is very good at analyzing replays, and creating successful strategies.

Name: Antoine
When joined: February 17, 2004
Rank or special task(s): Head Knight, Master At Arms
Previous clan(s): SPQR
Previous name(s): SPQR_BlackFlag
More info about this member: French...through no fault of his own. He may not always be able to speak his mind so all can understand him, but many times its not even necessary. By the time he gets the words out, he's already done the work himself. Always fun to listen to on Teamspeak or Ventrillo. Downright scary with a Pontic army.

Name: Pellinore
When joined: November 18, 2004
Rank or special task(s): Knight
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s): Thern
More info about this member: Pellinore has always seemed rather quiet to me. Maybe this isn't so, but it could be that he is very quiet about his accomplishments. Always a good ally to have on your side. I usually seem to be on the other end of the battle line from him, yet some of his units always seem to find their way behind some of my enemies' units before I have a chance to attack them myself.

Inactive and previous clanmembers

Name: Rodney
When joined: Another founding member, same time as Elrich
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s):
Joined another clan?: Retired
More about this member:

Name: Gareth
When joined: wayyyy back
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s):
Joined another clan?: erm, same as Hasty. So basically chose Retirement
More about this member: He has kids about my age, and its wrong to talk ill about your elders, so.... j/k. Great guy, very good and reliable ally. He would have a tendency to move slow, but that didn't mean once he moved it wouldn't be decisive. Somewhat softspoken in the lobby and in game, but man have I seen some posts from him....mostly about myself. Maybe, I have a bad memory.

Name: Goedfrey
When joined: Help me out here Hasty
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s):
Joined another clan?: eh, sorta. UglyandHasty now, so not really a clan.
More about this member: Goed had a wonderful temper. He was always one of my favorite people to side with. Would occasionally, and rather quietly, take over a game and be the deciding factor, before the other side even knew it. Like Elrich, he was never afraid to speak his mind. Those French Canadians....

Name: Lamorak
When joined: stupid ezboard hack...can't find out. will endeavor to do so
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s):
More about this member: One of our best ever imo. Lam was great at sending help to his teammates while still being able to take on, and even take out his opponents army with depleted numbers. Very quick and decisive. As many of you may also know, he was very good with IT concerns. One of the reasons he became Assistant to Kraellin here at the ORG.

Name: Paul
When joined: unsure, before me
Rank or special task(s): Head Knight
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s):
More about this member: Paul may be among our most famous members. His skill was practically unparalleled in the ranks of RTKs, possibly matched by only Palamedes and Lional. I beat him a lot in the desert though. Many may remember him from the Kocmoc 1v1 tournament. He beat everyone he 'faced', but was knocked out on a technicality...he missed his match because Paul and GMT didn't really get along. He was one of the major factors in my decision to pursue joining RTK, and was the one who trained me.

Name: Palamedes
When joined: December 1, 2003
Previous clan(s):
Previous name(s): Ueaititi (no one but Pala himself will ever spell that right)
Joined another clan?: Actually, founded another clan, which you can find here.
More about this member: I thought at first Pala was a spy, because his skill developed so quickly. He was very inquisitive from the beginning, but quickly went from asking questions to answering them. His play style in MTW was extremely hard to imitate, and I suspect not many people would have the skill to do so. Part of the major push of the RTK towards competitive tourney play, he elevated our ability as a clan to be able to take on and defeat even the most skilled and experienced teams. He left RTK on the best of terms, and will always be an asset to our clan. aww....

Thats all I can take for the moment. Will update this sometime soon.

03-05-2011, 20:31
Thanks Dth.

By the way,

What was the link to RTK's homepage do you know?

DthB4Dishonor
03-05-2011, 20:37
Its http://roundtableknight.org/

03-05-2011, 20:39
OK Thanks mate.

Kocmoc
03-08-2011, 12:37
On the other hand, why make a book? Why not set up a wiki and get the infos done there?
It would be able to continue and add more and new information with time.

It would also be an easy way to get more people involved.

03-08-2011, 21:41
So I can get everything in print so everyone could have a chance to get a copy for their personal records then, Kocmoc.

m0j0mann
03-09-2011, 15:40
Well I'll probably be accused of being a giant nerd, but this sounds to me like a brilliant idea. Current players may snigger at those who take the game so seriously, but as the years go on, I believe we will all begin to realise that the lolz we have in TW were no lesser than the lolz we have in RL.

You seem to have a surplus of STW1/MTW1 contributors here, Warman, but where are the Romans?? O.o RTW MP was a brilliant community; indeed it still thrives today, and has pretty much outlived MTW2 and ETW. I would be happy to help you with compiling a history of RTW from 2006-2008, and I think I can find at least one or two people who were around in the early days of 2004-2005 as well.

As for the post-2008 RTW community, I know a whole load of people who would love to talk about that. :)

03-10-2011, 15:27
Welcome back Mojo :clown:.

Sent you a PM.