PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game The Campground

GeneralHankerchief
03-06-2011, 10:37
So I had some spare time and recently decided designing a format for a mafia game that's a bit new to the .Org. Not sure it will translate well to this forum, but I guess we'll use this thread to gauge interest. Details under the spoiler.

17 players, 2 mafia, 15 townies. Mafia kill one person per night, can't be their partner. Single lynch every day phase. Game ends when either mafia or town is eliminated. No reveals upon death, no third factions.

Oh yeah, there will be a cool story and stuff too. I'm good at that.

You in?

Diamondeye
03-06-2011, 17:19
You in?

I in!

johnhughthom
03-06-2011, 17:22
I'm in. I think you should think of a cool name for your brand new format. Something that makes me think of ice cream would be good.

Zack
03-06-2011, 20:15
I in.

Romanic
03-06-2011, 20:34
~:confused:

How is this a new format for the ORG, GH? Looks like a standard 17 player game, with no death reveal.

Anyway, I'm interested.

Diamondeye
03-06-2011, 20:46
~:confused:

How is this a new format for the ORG, GH? Looks like a standard 17 player game, with no death reveal.

Anyway, I'm interested.

It's vaguely implied that the mafia are unaware of the identity of their partners? Which means they can't even know when their partner is dead?

Romanic
03-06-2011, 20:51
Ah? - "can't be their partner" :yes:

So if a kill fails, they'll figure that person is their partner.

And they will know if their partner is dead, if there's no other night kill for 2 nights in a row.

johnhughthom
03-06-2011, 20:56
Umm, I think GH is being ironic, there has been a tendency for role heavy games at the org in recent years and he is hosting a "vanilla game" (see my previous post).

GeneralHankerchief
03-06-2011, 23:09
Umm, I think GH is being ironic, there has been a tendency for role heavy games at the org in recent years and he is hosting a "vanilla game" (see my previous post).

Yeah, don't chalk it up to anything more than an old codger not being able to understand you youngun's with your fancy roles and elaborate game systems and the whosawhatzitgadgetmajiggers. Now get off my lawn! :laugh4:

But yeah, since Mafia X doesn't look like it's going to happen for a while, I may as well fulfill the vanilla game niche with a small game and of a slightly different writing style. :yes:

Askthepizzaguy
03-07-2011, 00:57
Thanks for the invite, GH, but I'm afraid this concept is just too experimental for me. I have a feeling it will crash and burn.

I will leave before this ship sinks.... :creep:

Totally in.

Diamondeye
03-07-2011, 08:28
Ah? - "can't be their partner" :yes:

So if a kill fails, they'll figure that person is their partner.

And they will know if their partner is dead, if there's no other night kill for 2 nights in a row.

Strictly speaking, GH hasn't adressed whether there will be bulletproofs. That would be an awesome twist.

GeneralHankerchief
03-07-2011, 18:15
Strictly speaking, GH hasn't adressed whether there will be bulletproofs. That would be an awesome twist.

I actually hadn't even considered it (and was about to post something along the lines of "I will beat the fact that games do not need elaborate setups or twists to be special into you for as long as is necessary :whip:") but now that I'm thinking it over the idea of the two mafiosi not knowing each other might work better with the plot I had thought up.

Thoughts? Preferences?

Askthepizzaguy
03-07-2011, 18:17
I actually hadn't even considered it (and was about to post something along the lines of "I will beat the fact that games do not need elaborate setups or twists to be special into you for as long as is necessary :whip:") but now that I'm thinking it over the idea of the two mafiosi not knowing each other might work better with the plot I had thought up.

Thoughts? Preferences?

Standard setup, 2 mafia knowing each other. Why mess with the classic?

Diamondeye
03-07-2011, 18:33
Standard setup, 2 mafia knowing each other. Why mess with the classic?

Agreed. Although the other idea is worth a shot, another time perhaps...

Romanic
03-07-2011, 18:51
Isn't three mafia more balanced in a 17 players game?

GeneralHankerchief
03-07-2011, 19:27
I never go by formulae when balancing games. Intuition and experience has worked for me in the past. :yes:

Zack
03-07-2011, 23:22

If there were reveals after death, then yes.

Askthepizzaguy
03-08-2011, 21:59

Games have been won with 40 players and 2 mafia with no reveals on death. Although in those, 2 murders balances the challenge for the scums.