PDA

View Full Version : Will females be playing SH2TW?

Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe
03-09-2011, 11:59
This is not a sexist thing.

I want to know,will females be playing Shogun 2 total war?Becuase its a good game I think its very good
Arere any female generals here that play total war games?:book:

Kocmoc
03-09-2011, 12:44
lol.

This is not a sexist thing, but u implement that there could be females because the game is simple.
Females doesnt play complex games or what?!?!? jesus...

Well, if i were a mod, i would close this tread!

Yes, there are females around and this is slap in their face.

TosaInu
03-09-2011, 14:05
This is not a sexist thing.

I want to know,will females be playing Shogun 2 total war?Becuase its a very simplifled game,and I think it will appeal to both the female and male audience.:book:

Are there any female generals here that play total war games?:book:

Hello Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe,

Yes there are. The ones I know have a very good understanding about all the TW games and play them very well.

Being simplified is not related to being boy/girl. I know boys/men who feel these games are too complex and I know girls/women who feel the games are too simple.

gollum
03-09-2011, 14:18
Yes, there are and many are around :)

03-09-2011, 14:25
Hello Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe,

Yes there are. The ones I know have a very good understanding about all the TW games and play them very well.

Being simplified is not related to being boy/girl. I know boys/men who feel these games are too complex and I know girls/women who feel the games are too simple.

Thanks mate,could you reccomand some of the female Marshalls pleasE?So I may meet them?:book:

03-09-2011, 14:25
lol.

This is not a sexist thing, but u implement that there could be females because the game is simple.
Females doesnt play complex games or what?!?!? jesus...

Well, if i were a mod, i would close this tread!

Yes, there are females around and this is slap in their face.

May I ask why you are getting so angry????

gollum
03-09-2011, 14:29
Don't worry too much about it Empreror, Kokmoc is a bit of a woman... at heart, that's why ;)

Cherchez la femme etc etc etc

03-09-2011, 14:30
I have a female friend who plays NTW.And you can shut up,

that there could be females because the game is simple

So?

I'm not a idiot as you envision me.

this is slap in their face.
shut up.

03-09-2011, 14:31
Don't worry too much about it Empreror, Kokmoc is a bit of a woman... at heart, that's why ;)

Cherchez la femme etc etc etc

Kokmoc is female?

gollum
03-09-2011, 14:33
Not that i know of Emperor, i was just trying to ease the tension in a humorous manner, that's all :)

You'll find your Jesephine, don't wory ;)

gollum
03-09-2011, 14:35
By the way Emperor, there is no need for you to get angry as well, don't worry Kocmoc is a very honorable guy. Just take it easy, no need to be defensive.

TosaInu
03-09-2011, 14:37
May I ask why you are getting so angry????

Probably because of the prejudice that girls are not capable to do certain things Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe. Girls and women can and many great achievements in anything totalwar related are done by girls/women. Be it by modding, creating tactical guides, working out strategies, moderating the community or being among the best of the MP players. Any suggestion of girls not being very good in these and more complex games is a blow in the face.

Kocmoc
03-09-2011, 15:23
Ah well, 10 years ago i would gone mad now, but today with 2 kids myself im so relaxed, you cant imagine.
I wont continue to "fight" you here Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe, i think that you choose the wrong way to get your question done.
Im not a female myself, but i know many females who are very good player in different games. TW is complex and here are woman everywhere.

I personal wouldnt ever ask that question, i just dont care, if its a woman or a men. I have deep respect for females and try to serve them with best behavior and manner.
All i can do is, to point out, that females might take your post as insult, i personal dont like this way of writing.

It might be lack of english. If you need some advice how to "survive" here on this forum, feel free to write me a PM.
I myself did collect a lot of experience how to run into a wall on a forum. If you want, just search some of my older posts and enjoy.

This said, keep cool, relax, maybe edit some of your harsh words.

Koc

03-09-2011, 15:33
I agree with you.Females are way better than the Male race.I'm not saying that females are this and that,neither do I want to say it.

Any suggestion of girls not being very good in these and more complex games is a blow in the face.

I promise you,I know How females are!I've got 2 sisters!:)They're really nice.Well the seconds one a baby,but she is really nice.

I agree with you/.

03-09-2011, 15:36
I've got ASD.Check on interent.It affects how I write.So I do apolgise for that.

I have deep respect for females and try to serve them with best behavior and manner

I have 2 sisters,ones a baby.

i wontedit my 'harsh' words since you lashed out at me.

03-09-2011, 15:37
I've rededieted my first post,is it better now?

gollum
03-09-2011, 15:43
Its certainly much better, yes.

03-09-2011, 15:44
thANKS.

gollum
03-09-2011, 15:45
You're welcome :)

03-09-2011, 15:51
Once I get Shogun2 ,well when I get it,why dont we have a mulitplayer battle on it?

gollum
03-09-2011, 15:53
Try Kocmoc Emperor - he's one of the all time best TW players ever and plays since STW. I'm just average and at the moment undecided if i buy the game ;)

03-09-2011, 16:32
Try Kocmoc Emperor - he's one of the all time best TW players ever and plays since STW. I'm just average and at the moment undecided if i buy the game ;)

I cant play him,since I am 2 stars.:book::no:

gollum
03-09-2011, 16:44
You can still pm him though and ask about the game - after all he offered that, didn't he? ;)

Slow and steady Emperor, you'll find your way. Be a bit more calm and patient and it will be more easy to make friends in the community, and then, by playing with them you'll learn. Mastery comes at its own pace, don't rush, don't get too dissapointed or too excited - you said you are in the Takeda clan - their motto was "steady as a mountain" wasn't it?

Enjoy the ride in the mp world and see what its got for you rather than trying to force what you want of it - you'll just be unbalanced then all the time due to frustration and won't be able to learn and perform to the extent you can.

03-09-2011, 16:48
You can still pm him though and ask about the game - after all he offered that, didn't he? ;)

Slow and steady Emperor, you'll find your way. Be a bit more calm and patient and it will be more easy to make friends in the community, and then, by playing with them you'll learn. Mastery comes at its own pace, don't rush, don't get too dissapointed or too excited - you said you are in the Takeda clan - their motto was "steady as a mountain" wasn't it? :book:

Enjoy the ride in the mp world and see what its got for you rather than trying to force what you want of it - you'll just be unbalanced then all the time due to frustration and won't be able to learn and perform to the extent you :book:can.

you make a vaild reason,Very well.I will take what you say,ok,I will make friends,true the motto is Steady as a mountain.ok,:book:

AggonyKing
03-09-2011, 17:51
I might know a few. They're very good players and I much enjoy playing against or with them.

Heck, took me months just to beat one of them on naval 1v1, months I tell ya! And to this day I think I got lucky on that win.

Swoosh So
03-09-2011, 17:56
I may play it if its simple enough.

TosaInu
03-09-2011, 18:39
Don't be so modest Swoosh. When I wrote about good MP players I was thinking about your cavcharges.

03-09-2011, 22:18
I might know a few. They're very good players and I much enjoy playing against or with them.

Heck, took me months just to beat one of them on naval 1v1, months I tell ya! And to this day I think I got lucky on that win.

Do give me the names,I would like to talk with them.:book:

03-10-2011, 00:01
Not that i know of Emperor, i was just trying to ease the tension in a humorous manner, that's all :)

You'll find your Jesephine, don't wory ;)

Haha,thanks for that!

Kocmoc
03-10-2011, 09:39
I cant play him,since I am 2 stars.:book::no:

Good to see, that you changed your post. I dont play NTW, i play S2 right now and will do so in the future. If you want to play me, you will have your chance in 5 days ;)
Look at the post from swoosh, now she is a female and a very good player. This reaction is something you could expect, if you write a post like you did.

Woman dont like to traded different or worth less, im sure you know this. Its more kind of the way you use words.

In TW it can be frustrating to lose over and over again, this is mostly based on your very own skill-lvl. Its not easy to reach a point of better playingskill, many good player did need a long time. Young people tend to want things done quick, which sometimes might work, but many times not.
TW is such a game, you need time and with patience you will reach a lvl where you win more and gain more fun.

I can just advice you, to record battles where you lost badly or ask good player, if they would give you some replays. Watching replays is a very good way to learn how things are done. Im sure you lack some basics, such as good grouping, how to move your army properly, how much effect certain units have....
There is a lot. Ask around, ask for help, and do it less aggressive with tons of respect towards other player around.

If S2 is out, you can catch me online and i can show you some things, if you want.

After all, keep cool, relax and before you write a post, read it again, think about it and maybe change something, if your not sure, how people will understand it.

03-10-2011, 09:48
Good to see, that you changed your post. I dont play NTW, i play S2 right now and will do so in the future. If you want to play me, you will have your chance in 5 days ;)
Look at the post from swoosh, now she is a female and a very good player. This reaction is something you could expect, if you write a post like you did.

Woman dont like to traded different or worth less, im sure you know this. Its more kind of the way you use words.

In TW it can be frustrating to lose over and over again, this is mostly based on your very own skill-lvl. Its not easy to reach a point of better playingskill, many good player did need a long time. Young people tend to want things done quick, which sometimes might work, but many times not.
TW is such a game, you need time and with patience you will reach a lvl where you win more and gain more fun.

I can just advice you, to record battles where you lost badly or ask good player, if they would give you some replays. Watching replays is a very good way to learn how things are done. Im sure you lack some basics, such as good grouping, how to move your army properly, how much effect certain units have....
There is a lot. Ask around, ask for help, and do it less aggressive with tons of respect towards other player around.

If S2 is out, you can catch me online and i can show you some things, if you want.

After all, keep cool, relax and before you write a post, read it again, think about it and maybe change something, if your not sure, how people will understand it.

ok.

I'm not the best at writing things ..so my post before...Lets just say I dont know how to write.:inquisitive:

move army around properly..not sure...

I have ASD and 2 sisters.Think about that:book:stupid::

sk around, ask for help, and do it less aggressive]

I'm sorry,But I do not act aggressive.:book::

ok,But when I get the game then yes.:book:

03-10-2011, 09:50
@Swoosh.

I did not mean to hurt you nor past anything harmful to you.

AggonyDuck
03-10-2011, 10:04
This thread has gone on long enough. CLOSED.