PDA

View Full Version : Some moves and shakes

Swoosh So
03-09-2011, 18:02
Just to let anyone that knows us know? does that even make sense?

Amp and I have moved to aggony clan from fear and wolves along with LadyAnn and Tempiic.

What you old fogies all doing when shogun 2 comes up reforming old clans, making new? applying to existing clans?

gollum
03-09-2011, 18:09
moves and shakes needed on profile title too - unless if once a wolf always a wolf and hence no need for the sheep's clothing ;)

Swoosh So
03-09-2011, 18:10
I could always leave that in to make Aggonykaptain floede paranoid or more paranoid than he already is :P

gollum
03-09-2011, 18:13
pumps adrenaline and other useful substances off the chart - psychological coniderations/warfare etc - femmale intuitionno doubt ;)

DthB4Dishonor
03-09-2011, 19:58
I'm reapplying to RTK. Was in it since Shoggy and I don't see myself going anywhere else. Lional is still leading it and it feels like I'm coming back home. Seems like the tenets started 9 years ago are alive and well with the new crop of Knights. I looked forward to fighting besides them as well as the old Shoggy Vets.

t1master
03-09-2011, 22:37
hey swoosh,

is gawain still around in aggony?

Dionysus9
03-09-2011, 23:49
Glad to hear Swoosh and Amp Mortog are still around! Good to see you too Goat, and DeathB4.
I'll be sticking with the Hunter clan unless they close their doors. If they do, I'll probably go back to being Ronin. Good to see you guys-- hope we cross katanas soon.

DthB4Dishonor
03-10-2011, 00:06
Glad to hear Swoosh and Amp Mortog are still around! Good to see you too Goat, and DeathB4.
I'll be sticking with the Hunter clan unless they close their doors. If they do, I'll probably go back to being Ronin. Good to see you guys-- hope we cross katanas soon.

Hail Dionysus,

I look forward to fighting on your newest version of Bacchus's Gambit.

AggonyKing
03-10-2011, 05:31
hey swoosh,

is gawain still around in aggony?he is, although currently not active. He must to have gotten lost in the woods :D

AggonyKing
03-10-2011, 05:32
I could always leave that in to make Aggonykaptain floede paranoid or more paranoid than he already is :P*cough* Kapten :P

and I say leave it, its amusing to see him paranoid :laugh4:

AggonyDuck
03-10-2011, 10:09
is gawain still around in aggony?

He is still a member, but has been inactive due to health problems and racing games.

TosaInu
03-10-2011, 10:40
Gawain of Orkney right? Wish him well from me please.

Kocmoc
03-10-2011, 10:59
I stick with Wolves. S2 will run on both PC´s, so i can play 2v2´s on my own. Im pretty loyal and will stick to wolves till the end. Many old guys coming back and trying S2, with some luck they will stay. Time will tell.

With 10 more years on the counter, most people got pretty old now. Someone remember "theold" there was a guy in fear, he was already 60 or 64 back in 2000.
Time is running, with S3 we will probably playing with your kids.

It feels good to see so many old faces coming back.

Crandaeolon
03-10-2011, 14:05
I don't know yet. I've become a more competitively minded gamer since the MTW era, and it'd be nice to be in a clan that has a good grasp of organization and communication. I have no idea what the current norms in the TW community are.

Kocmoc
03-10-2011, 14:15
I don't know yet. I've become a more competitively minded gamer since the MTW era, and it'd be nice to be in a clan that has a good grasp of organization and communication. I have no idea what the current norms in the TW community are.

The only time i ever saw the need of a good structure, was as we had to play certain tourneys, like the Clan war belt. There you did really need different teams and more than 2 player. Especially the hard settings made you train, so you did need some people to do this.

In the end there is no event which needs more than 4 player involved, this clancampaign might be interesting. If it needs mass to win it, than yes, you might be better with many player, but i dont think, that anyone with brain will really take care of something, which doesnt reflect skill.

If there are really many people playing online and the MM is used, than you cant team up with more than 4 in one team anyway.
I have doubts, that there will be many 4men-teams are playing, maybe some 3men-teams, surely more 2men-teams and a lot more 1v1´s.

Crandaeolon
03-10-2011, 14:28
It'll be a shame if there won't be many 4v4's or 3v3's. But, is that more of an organization problem or a hardware problem?

Kocmoc
03-10-2011, 14:35
Well, in a ladder-system its logical, that you rather gain in 1v1 or 2v2, since those games are much quicker done.
Some people will be able to get them 2 or 3 more to play a 3v3 or 4v4, but the majority doesnt have enough player to do that.

while you play 4v4 you will always spent a lot more time to finish it, than playing a 1v1, this is for many people an important reason.
So im sure, there will be some groups who want to play big games, the question is, if this is going to happen over MM or if they just do standard games.

In the early days, there will be many lowranked player and new player will surely get themselves easy games, in some weeks things will change, if many are highranked than new player with just one star will have some good trouble. I just can guess, but i have heavy doubts, that the MM system will really work, surely at start, but later on it will be hardly working.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-10-2011, 15:25
I always wanted to join two major clans, ELITE FORCE and GREY WOLVES. Wolves never wanted me so....

So I'm now a loyal member of ELITE FORCE.

:clown: :clown:

Tempiic
03-10-2011, 21:34
Kocmoc, what do you mean with MM? I am unsure what you mean by that. :)

Nigel
03-10-2011, 22:07
Match Making I think is what he is referring to.

Kocmoc
03-10-2011, 22:11
Kocmoc, what do you mean with MM? I am unsure what you mean by that. :)

Yes, sorry. MM = Match Maker.

Crandaeolon
03-10-2011, 23:03
Yeah, match maker, quick match, automatch... what's pretty ubiquitous in RTS games these days to gain official ranking. I can understand playing quicker 1v1 or 2v2 games from a ladder standpoint. But, isn't there supposed to be a point-based thingy in to reward more for larger team games?

donbatti
03-10-2011, 23:16
Will use my old name "MizuTears" but about the clan i dunno really
Just hope to see some old faces again and hopefully some good ol cav charges :D

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 02:02
Now we have Takiyama's coming back. I wonder who else makes it back. Nice to see you back Tears.

donbatti
03-11-2011, 03:07
Hey Paul, nice too see you :D

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 04:03
Now we just need some Uglies to stop by and maybe a 7Bear7

UglyJun
03-11-2011, 04:18
who u calling Ugly ? heheh

Sp00n
03-11-2011, 09:27
Takiyama's never really gone away as we all still use this forum, we just a little more spread out :) Welcome back Don

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 10:00
Yeah, match maker, quick match, automatch... what's pretty ubiquitous in RTS games these days to gain official ranking. I can understand playing quicker 1v1 or 2v2 games from a ladder standpoint. But, isn't there supposed to be a point-based thingy in to reward more for larger team games?

Yes, there is a point-based thing in there, but it doesnt make a difference, if you play 1v1 or 4v4. You gain more points playing with 4, but if you play 4x 1v1, its same.
The problem is, that the clancampaign (we pointed that out in another tread) only gain points, by losing you wont lose.

I personal have doubts, that the clancampaign will be a success, maybe new player like this, but the mechanics are hardly working for us.
While other are disappointed and kinda gave up, i still hope for quick patches to solve the problems. It would be a shame, if many new player get pushed away.

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 12:13
Yes, there is a point-based thing in there, but it doesnt make a difference, if you play 1v1 or 4v4. You gain more points playing with 4, but if you play 4x 1v1, its same.
The problem is, that the clancampaign (we pointed that out in another tread) only gain points, by losing you wont lose.

I personal have doubts, that the clancampaign will be a success, maybe new player like this, but the mechanics are hardly working for us.
While other are disappointed and kinda gave up, i still hope for quick patches to solve the problems. It would be a shame, if many new player get pushed away.

Hail Kocmoc,

I think your wrong about 4 x 1v1 = 1 x 4v4. 1v1 Victory = 20pts (Influence points).

Bonuses:
+ 5 for using Specialized Retainer
+ 5 if Victory is in province adjactent to already controlled province.
+ 1 for Every Clan Mate who participated

So not counting the other bonuses 1x 4v4 team would get: (20+20+20+20) + (4+4+4+4) = 96pts
4 x 1v1 would be (20) + (20) + (20) + (20) = 80pts

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 12:26
yes, thats right, i didnt meant its exactly the same. On the CA blog is the example shown. Your right.

My point, to clarify it, you get 4 1v1 a lot quicker done, as a 4v4. While you could be able to win the 4v4 quick, to get it setup and find another 4v4 team will take time.
It might be best ratio, if you take the bonuses in, to play 2v2. There will be only clans who will run into the 3v3 or 4v4 games, while there will be a lot more ronins out.

You have one small mistake, as far i did read, only one will get the extra point of clan mate who participate.
At least on the blog there is pointed out, the max of 83 points.

So it would be like this: 20+20+20+20 and 1+1+1 (for the 3 other guys) = 83pts in total.
Still, it would be 3 more than playing 4 times 1v1. Just not enough imo to make 4v4 really worth to play for the points.

Tempiic
03-11-2011, 12:31
Ah right. Thought you meant micromanagment with MM. :)

You know what also would be annoying? As the participating clans in the mp campaign seems to get spread out across different setups, when as a serious clan you end up facing lots of 1 man clans on your map.

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 12:51
yes, thats right, i didnt meant its exactly the same. On the CA blog is the example shown. Your right.

My point, to clarify it, you get 4 1v1 a lot quicker done, as a 4v4. While you could be able to win the 4v4 quick, to get it setup and find another 4v4 team will take time.
It might be best ratio, if you take the bonuses in, to play 2v2. There will be only clans who will run into the 3v3 or 4v4 games, while there will be a lot more ronins out.

You have one small mistake, as far i did read, only one will get the extra point of clan mate who participate.
At least on the blog there is pointed out, the max of 83 points.

So it would be like this: 20+20+20+20 and 1+1+1 (for the 3 other guys) = 83pts in total.
Still, it would be 3 more than playing 4 times 1v1. Just not enough imo to make 4v4 really worth to play for the points.

Yes, your right my 4+4+4+4 was wrong. However, I think that you can include yourself in the +1. In the Official example given in a 3vs3 the team got 1+1+1.

(20+20+20)+(5+5+5)+(1+1+1)+5=83) This was cut and pasted from the Official Blog. Here the first cell containing the 20's are for Victory. 2nd cell is for using retainers. Last cell is for playing 3v3 with Clan Mates. So for a 4v4 it would be (1+1+1+1).

However, on second look I think your initial thoughts might be correct given certain conditions. If you look the +5 for Victory in Province Adjacent to Controlled Province Bonus is only given ONCE to the entire team.

So 4 x (1vs1) with that Bonus:

(20 + 5) + (20 + 5) + (20 + 5) + (20 + 5) = 100 points

1 x (4vs4) with Adjacent Bonus:

(20 + 20 + 20 + 20) + (1 + 1 +1 + 1) + 5 = 84 points

So for battles Adjacent to Provinces a Clan already controls then 1vs1 are better. (Or I may be wrong, Kocmoc can you check my math and theory?)

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 13:30
yeah, 1 to each play, but it should be 89 in total ( you forgot the +5) Else the maths seems correct to me.

At least i would understand it this way. In this case its even worser i initially thought, it turns out to be less effective to play in teams, not just about the lack of teams, more time spent, also in terms of points you gain.

unless we made some mistake somewhere. Amazing...

Jochi Khan
03-12-2011, 02:25
This 'old fella' will be there amongst you. Look for ^Jochi Khan^

Quite a few old faces appearing now, looks good. I'll just say Hi to you all saves typing all the names.

Swoosh So
03-12-2011, 03:57
Well the BIG problem is u can fight till ur eyes bleed and losses dont make any difference, so the clan that has the most players will have a big advantage especially as theres no limit on the amount of games played either :( We could see an mmo type situation with massive clans with no lives dominating even with really poor win ratios and being unable to beat other clans in the campaign in battle yet winning the campaign jsut due to pure unrestricted numbers.

gollum
03-12-2011, 04:09
if there is no restriction on the moves you can do with the army marker/games you can play, then it seems this is the case. I am wondering if this is intentional, as it may as well be.

From a player's perspective skill should be awarded and so the win/loss ratio that many bring up is important, but from a developer perspetive, maybe a MMO situation is actually the aim, hence all the character customisation and acquiring skills options.

If that is the case, then it will be quite unlikely that this will change.

lyk2yang
03-13-2011, 16:14
In Dragon Age 2 there are lots of moves and shaking trickes.