PDA

View Full Version : Clancampaign - what we can do about? - one clan could rule

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 10:11
Well, everyone who is interested could already read up about the clancampaign and how it works.
Im sure, that every skilled player clearly see the problems and how easy it is to exploit it.

Now i wonder, if we could spoil the whole system, so that people start to cry on the com forum to CA and we get it changed.
An easy way would be, to make everyone of us join one big "ORG" clan.
Im sure, that will push CA to change it, else all those new people will just complain.

In the end, we have it either changed or we end with a silly system we wont really play at all.
Speaking and explaining seems not to help, this could be one way to show and get the changes which are needed to get us a working clancampaign.

Koc

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 12:00
Kocmoc, I foresaw this a little ways back. I was also discussing this possibility with someone else for a little bit aswell. A possible .Org Coalition or Alliance? As in the Battle of Sekigahara each force had many Daimyo's of differing numbers. Aside from dominating would this be the only real way to simply compete with some of the possible/probable Super Sized Clans?

This would take some coordination though.

Please Note^ I do not speak for RTK in this matter just giving my personal thoughts on this matter.

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 12:09
yes, i saw this over there and thought that it would be worth to bring this up in a separated tread.

The different clans, wouldnt have their own clan-sign there, this can and will be a problem. On the other hand, isnt it worth to try that for a certain time and maybe get us a good working clancampaign?

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 12:36
I'm not talking about Clan-sign. I'm speaking more in terms of coordinating. The way the Clan Competition works is that the Group/Clan with most controlled Provinces wins. Provinces are controlled by having the most Influence Points in a given Province. A player(s) will have to select what Province they are battling for before they enter a Battle.

What an Alliance could give is a compartmentalized command structure. Clan leaders could periodically meet or coordinate strategies. This could include giving different clans certain different objectives on the map. With bonus points given to Victories in province adjacent to Controlled provinces this could get fairly strategic.

Super Sized Clans will probably have to mostly rely on the game Marker (placed where leaders want their members to attack) that the Leader puts on their map. A more comprehensive strategy could avoid over saturation of a specific province.

Anyway, again these are just my initial thoughts.

Kocmoc
03-11-2011, 13:35
if your outnumber other badly, you dont need to take of the marker at all. Just let people play in the difference provinces, on the other hand you could fight in each map always just one day, and move the marker step by step. If you have 500 people and many are active, you would need 500 days as single player. to gain another province, this way you roll over the whole map, step by step.

DthB4Dishonor
03-11-2011, 17:11
I agree if your parameters were the case. However, I am not sure if a .Org would be that overpowering numerically. How many soldiers would the Clans and .Org be able to call to its banners? 100 maybe. I don't see that as being overpowering compared to the size of these clans already forming at .Com. Some are already 80-100 members large already.

CanCritter
03-11-2011, 17:25
You can count on RW sppt Kocmoc if this gos ahead....
For the last decade RW has always been forefront in bringing down tyranical tyrants or clans...where ever there is injustice l will be in the front lines looking to ruin someones day...
with aggonys poised to try and take over everything with all thier pre recruiting and pre practice with the shogun beta will be actively hunting them down to try and even the playing field for others...if the org. were to muster thier resourses and and the availibility of the talented vets here could make a diffrence and promote changes for the beterment of the game...with the developers always seeming to ignore good or basic ideas this would be a opportunity to promote change for the first time in 11 years....l say we fight the good fight and give them something to remember for future games!

AggonyKing
03-11-2011, 21:18
here's one

come and get me :devilish:

CanCritter
03-11-2011, 21:34
Bin der done dat :OP

Proteus
03-12-2011, 18:34
My team Battlestars is rd for a coalition for that campaign unite as many vets clans.
I thing Tommi should have the honour to be the Shogun is been helping TW community for ever.
The format DthB4Dishonor with clan leaders make the strategic planning is fine , This campaign is not making any serious players skills challenge as counts only quantitatively #s of wins but still can be really fun .
I am making a steam group to expedite the process then who is in we can refine the process and planning and Ill invite as many clans possible.
I ll name it GUILD OF CLANS .
Http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GUILDOFCLANS

Proteus
03-13-2011, 22:23
GUILD OF CLANS update: The clan coalition for the MP campaign already count 70 players the first day build on

UglyJun
03-14-2011, 06:53
I agree if your parameters were the case. However, I am not sure if a .Org would be that overpowering numerically. How many soldiers would the Clans and .Org be able to call to its banners? 100 maybe. I don't see that as being overpowering compared to the size of these clans already forming at .Com. Some are already 80-100 members large already.

its not how many warriors you got its the quality of your warriors that counts:)

Major Robert Dump
03-15-2011, 01:24
I can only agree to be a part of a .Org alliance under two circumstances:

1) I get to ride a Donkey

2) I am declared Executive Officer of the Org Department of Alcoholic Beverages

KTHNX

UglyJun
03-15-2011, 02:18
lol i have np giving dump the keys to the sake :)
the donkey u have to ask elmo about hehe

Crandaeolon
03-15-2011, 20:04
So how's this guild of clans thingy work? I joined the steam group and now i should declare it to be my clan in-game?

Proteus
03-16-2011, 04:11
Yes. and the administrators /demayo s of the steam group will register in the campaign. I am still download this thing, 2 more hours for me to play it.
Guild at 120 players most clannies at 4 days since created.