PDA

View Full Version : Any old school STW beta testers still here?

Jambo
03-14-2011, 13:36
Are any of you still around? Tosa, Puzz3d, Kraellin, Obake... I believe I might have been under the name of Doc in those days. Anyway, after years of being generally disenchanted with TW and the direction the gameplay was heading in, the arrival of Shogun 2 - by far the most interesting and engaging of the period settings - may well tempt me back.

Multiplayer also looks like its had a huge facelift, so if any of you are still around (I know I've seen kocmoc and Tosa posting) are any of you likely to be playing online, as a group?

Cheers

J aka Doc

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-14-2011, 14:13
Allowed to discuss this in public?

Kocmoc
03-14-2011, 14:16
Hi Jambo,

Tosa and Obake are around, i didnt saw Puzz or Kraellin.
All those Oldtimer coming back and try it. S2 has potential, but many people will be disappointed with the online battles. Its completely different to STW and reminds more on NTW (same engine). Im sure, many old guys wont be happy with the new S2. SP might be good, as long your interested in this. Else, the current game lack any pace and momentum we had in old days. Its much slower, more about general and a lot less about movement and maneuver.

This said, good to see you around and I truly hope you like S2.

Koc

Kocmoc
03-14-2011, 14:17
Allowed to discuss this in public?

Its no secret at all, who was betatester at those days, especially as our playernames was also mentioned in the patches/addons...

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-14-2011, 14:43
True Kocmoc, but what about the NDA's :laugh:.

UglyJun
03-14-2011, 14:48
:) hi doc nice to see ya back :)

TosaInu
03-14-2011, 15:31
Hello DOC.

Jochi Khan
03-14-2011, 16:16
Hello DOC, it's been a long time.

@ELITEofKingWarman8

Beta testers names used to be shown in the game Credits back in the early days.:wink:

Jambo
03-14-2011, 16:19
Awesome, still a few of you guys around then. So, are you getting S2? And will you be clanning up (again) and playing online! :)

TosaInu
03-14-2011, 16:31
I ordered TWS2, I played the demo and like it. I don't know about online, I'll probably play some PBM.

Kocmoc
03-14-2011, 16:36
the SP-campaign will be good and fun to play, no doubt. Alone thats worth to get the game. With some luck we might get good patches for MP.
The old STW was also kinda broken in the early days and got patched to a better game with time. Lets pray!

Swoosh So
03-14-2011, 18:26
I ordered TWS2, I played the demo and like it. I don't know about online, I'll probably play some PBM.

Pff if your gonna play get ur ass online, btw whats pbm? i dont think thats possible now play by maiL?

TosaInu
03-14-2011, 20:15
Play by Mail. TWS2 doesn't offer that?

Swoosh So
03-14-2011, 20:47
No hotseat is not available the mp campaign is tho 1v1 or coop.

TosaInu
03-15-2011, 09:55
A pity. PBM is nice for single players who want more, but can't or won't spend hours every day online.

Kocmoc
03-15-2011, 10:01
The only way to find some fun is to get to lvl 8 at least and having all the unlocks. Before you need insane luck, to not face some guy with better general and better unlocks.
The imbalances are simply too huge in the early phase of this game.

Obake
03-16-2011, 05:22
Hi Doc!

There's a few of us still sniffing around. We've certainly grown much longer in tooth, our eyesight may have gone as well as our hearing. Good to see the old names coming back, if only for nostalgia's sake.

Regards,

AMP
03-16-2011, 08:26
Well we all know the system is fail, but I'm having more fun now even though I'm a low lvl because I got enough unlocked to handle myself well against higher players. Sad thing though most aren't good, even if I was out of practice most wouldn't be a problem and this is with a stw2 that baby's the newbies more compared to stw days, where flanking and rear attacks hurt more plus bunching up... gotta love the ones that make a box and put all their archers in the middle of it. :)

Kocmoc
03-16-2011, 09:07
Well we all know the system is fail, but I'm having more fun now even though I'm a low lvl because I got enough unlocked to handle myself well against higher players. Sad thing though most aren't good, even if I was out of practice most wouldn't be a problem and this is with a stw2 that baby's the newbies more compared to stw days, where flanking and rear attacks hurt more plus bunching up... gotta love the ones that make a box and put all their archers in the middle of it. :)

Well, after a while its just boring. I played only 1v1 with MM and i face fulltime only bad player, im sure they didnt enjoy it either :P
At start we tested some 2v2, which didnt work well at all, i call it a disaster. You mostly crash or wait forever, if the game found some opponents, than you hit the setupscreen and than (thats the best!) we sit there with 4 player and all get the info that they have an invalid setup and spent too much. Well, you can check it, noone spent too much! So you sit there and have to reset S2.

It seems like, that you cant get anything goin as team right now. I dont speak about stability at all, the game lose connection, the synchronisation failed and so on...

All you can do right now is playing 1v1 over MM, thats the only thing wich works a bit!

Jambo
03-16-2011, 11:07
Hi Doc!

There's a few of us still sniffing around. We've certainly grown much longer in tooth, our eyesight may have gone as well as our hearing. Good to see the old names coming back, if only for nostalgia's sake.

Regards,

Howdy Obake! Do you have Shogun 2? If so, would you be willing to test it out online with / against me sometime (that goes to anyone for that matter)? Add me (either it's drjambo75 or Jambo) to your Steam friends if you like, or are you a member of a group or anything? I must admit, it's all proving a little bit unfamiliar having been away from PC gaming for a number of years. lol

Jochi Khan
03-18-2011, 16:04
Hi DOC,
Tried to find you with a Steam search last night. Didn't know there were so many Jambo registrations online LOL

Add me ^Jochi Khan^ to your friends list or you would be welcome to join the ^Nomad Alliance^ steam group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NomadAlliance

A lot of the older players are there.

Jambo
03-19-2011, 10:59
Added you Jochi! You're right though, there's a ton of Jambos!