PDA

View Full Version : Be aware of cheater

Kocmoc
03-16-2011, 15:06
Reading on .com people there reported cheater already, showing up with a lot more units they can effort.

Be aware of this and count the enemy units, if you see a cheater, save the replay and report it to CA or customer service.

I didnt looked too much into this, but i remember games from yesterday where people had a way too many good samurai units.

AMP
03-16-2011, 15:37
I haven't faced anyone doing this yet (granted I haven't played much yet either), but did you do what you said yourself to do - save the replay and send it to CA? They are asking for replays when people are doing this.

Sp00n
03-16-2011, 15:52
I've already faced one although I forgot to take down his name, he had 3 yari cav one left side which I crushed as he was useless, then another 3 appeared on my right which went the same way,I then started to wonder how he'd afforded them

His main body consisted of sword sams and yaris with 6 archers, not a bad selection for medium funded game. After the loss of his cav he retreated to a small forest by the improved Archer building he captured and rotated on it effectively giving his archers unlimited ammo,I moved to capture all the other building before moving into the trees and wiping him out to which he called me a ****ing camper and quit, nice one.

But yes be aware of cheatingas his army wasnt in the 10k bracket

AMP
03-16-2011, 16:15
You faced a cheater yet forgot to save the replay? That would be the first thing in my mind to do, heh... and afterwards send it to CA. I save my MM replays anyway, just a habit.

Kocmoc
03-16-2011, 16:23
I haven't faced anyone doing this yet (granted I haven't played much yet either), but did you do what you said yourself to do - save the replay and send it to CA? They are asking for replays when people are doing this.

No, didnt thought about. just after reading this tread, i did remember one game where he had way too many units...

Sp00n
03-16-2011, 16:38
TBH Amp was absolutely shattered last night and it didnt really register,Ill be saving them from now on though,it appears to be abug though reading on .com where the game isnt stopping u picking any amount of cash.

edyzmedieval
03-16-2011, 17:01
But how would they cheat since the game limits the funds?

Sp00n
03-16-2011, 17:03
But how would they cheat since the game limits the funds?

Good Idea Masked Nerfage

OUT4BLOOD
03-16-2011, 17:08
That's a huge bug :x

...and i'd edit that post to prevent it spreading further

Beskar
03-16-2011, 18:22
I found a cheater as well using the same exact funds glitch (having an extra 3000 worth), and to top it off, he is also a corner camper.

"Kara Mustafa Pascha" was the name they were using.

AMP
03-16-2011, 19:41
I found a cheater as well using the same exact funds glitch (having an extra 3000 worth), and to top it off, he is also a corner camper.

"Kara Mustafa Pascha" was the name they were using.

Ok that sucks, but did you get the replay? I wanna see this cheat (well not really) because CA just confirmed they tested it out themselves and they couldn't reproduce the cheat and said "that it's not possible", so get the replay please.

They say the units that they order over just disappear, but apparently they are still making it into the battles, so again get the replay. :)

evidence people evidence... just like in court

Beskar
03-16-2011, 19:43
I just managed to beat them, hahaha.

I got a replay, but it is like 2 hours of just staring at eachother, then I decided to do an attack and I won!

Alright, the replay isn't great because you don't see "their side", but they had 16 stacks (13 visible, three hidden at start), I got 11. He had a 3000 point advantage (according to battle start, which mysteriously started when he had -3000 funds).

I was very reluctant to attack, because he had this 3000 gold advantage. Then after 2 hours, I thought "stuff it", I attacked and ended up winning.

Link to Replay Download (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20132134/tiaexzv3000fundextracheater.replay)

AMP
03-16-2011, 20:00
I'll be able to tell in the replay, so upload it that way people can dl it to see for themselves those like me that haven't face someone using it yet. Also send it to CA as proof they are wrong that it dose exist. And was this a 5k or 10k match?

drone
03-16-2011, 20:11
This isn't cheating, it is obviously a bug in the game's handicapping system. He should be getting an extra 6000 gold, not 3000, because he apparently is really, really, bad at the game. :yes:

Beskar
03-16-2011, 20:28
I'll be able to tell in the replay, so upload it that way people can dl it to see for themselves those like me that haven't face someone using it yet. Also send it to CA as proof they are wrong that it dose exist. And was this a 5k or 10k match?

5k match.

The set-up was weird, as they had -3000 funds, and obviously it wouldn't start. I was talking to Johnhughthom on Steam when the ready thing started suddenly from like a countdown of 5, and he still had -3000 funds.

OUT4BLOOD
03-16-2011, 20:33
I guess it's best to just monitor opponent funds, if they stick too long at -500 or worse, then leave

Beskar
03-16-2011, 20:44
I guess it's best to just monitor opponent funds, if they stick too long at -500 or worse, then leave

Indeed. My opponent was clearly trying to field a force larger than he could legitimately.

OUT4BLOOD
03-16-2011, 21:34
I think there also might be a bug where you simply get more to spend than your opponent. I've had 2 battles now where I got 10k, and his force appeared to be closer to 5k

http://i56.tinypic.com/i2vbk6.png

I had 3 monk naginta, 2 cav archers...so those numbers are no way due to ashigaru spam

AggonyDuck
03-16-2011, 22:08
I think those are the fund levels for sieges, which seem to be mixed with land battles.

OUT4BLOOD
03-16-2011, 22:18
Either he didn't have as much funds, or decided not to spend half of it

Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe
03-19-2011, 22:58
Either he didn't have as much funds, or decided not to spend half of it

You're joking me.

I played against this Spanish guy on NTW MP,1 vs 1,and his units were one of Empire's units,so you saw literally Empire's units vs NTW units.And thye were labled old guard,infantry

And he was austrria!!!!

You should have seen that..

Dionysus9
03-20-2011, 00:37
I think those are the fund levels for sieges, which seem to be mixed with land battles.

I can confirm that the match maker will sometimes give you a siege battle, even when you do not have "siege" checked, and also that the defenders receive less funds than the attacker in that circumstance. This happened to myself and El Rey Santos last night in a 2v2 MM battle that should have been "land" but turned out to be a castle siege.