PDA

View Full Version : Well done CA!

Kocmoc
03-16-2011, 22:51
Since im mostly pretty quick with my negative energie, i dont mind to bow and say if something is well done!

Im impressed, this is something i call a quick fix!
Now move on and solve the rest of the problems.

Good Job!

Koc

Dionysus9
03-17-2011, 00:18
Wow, this is a first from CA -- fixing MP a priority? Holy cow we may be on to something!

Nigel
03-17-2011, 00:58
hmm, sound good. But what actually did they fix ??
Are you guys talking about this "Dishonourable Coward Trait" bug? Or is it something else ?

Swoosh So
03-17-2011, 08:09
hmm, sound good. But what actually did they fix ??
Are you guys talking about this "Dishonourable Coward Trait" bug? Or is it something else ?

Nope my dishonorable coward general is still running around with his tengagoken legendary sword i got last night :p Funny thing is it says the sword seeks out worthy hands :P SO become a dishonorable coward i say and gain legendary items! :D

Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe
03-17-2011, 08:28
Since im mostly pretty quick with my negative energie, i dont mind to bow and say if something is well done!

Im impressed, this is something i call a quick fix!
Now move on and solve the rest of the problems.

Good Job!

Koc

So,if i buy Shogun 2 now or later,the MP will work?

gollum
03-17-2011, 11:09
It will work better over time, yes Emperor.

Through Steam, the developer CA(Creative Assmbly) can release patches (game fixes) quickly as they can be made available through Steam to your game. In the old days, teh developer would wait for somemonths to collect problems and fix them one by one before releasing a patch in order to get as many fixes as possible in the patch. Now its all quicker.

Kocmoc
03-17-2011, 11:24
It will work better over time, yes Emperor.

Through Steam, the developer CA(Creative Assmbly) can release patches (game fixes) quickly as they can be made available through Steam to your game. In the old days, teh developer would wait for somemonths to collect problems and fix them one by one before releasing a patch in order to get as many fixes as possible in the patch. Now its all quicker.

Well, in the early years we had to wait 6 months and more to get the first patch!
To get us something in just one day, i call impressive!

It might not be the biggest work ever, but they try and thats something we should honor.

@ Napoleon
So,if i buy Shogun 2 now or later,the MP will work?

Its not perfect, there are still issues, but 8 out of 10 games works now. To get this quick patch was important, there is more work to do, but actual i can enjoy playing online and thats okay for a game 2 days after release.

gollum
03-17-2011, 11:26
I knew they'd fix that ;) It was too much to leave it, especially since they seem intent on the mp clan camp.

03-17-2011, 11:55
I knew they'd fix that ;) It was too much to leave it, especially since they seem intent on the mp clan camp.

So what you're saying is by the end of the month,the patches will be fixed,so for example,4 vs 4 works fine now?2 vs 2 or 3?

Does the Mulitplayer campagin work?

:book:hmm,I'll buy it when i have time,so the Mp must work..

gollum
03-17-2011, 11:58
Accrding to what Kocmoc posted, 1v1 mp campaign in the matchmaker worked from the start, and it seems now that team games also do work. So, yes it does improve and i'm saying it will improve farther as time goes on.

03-17-2011, 12:00
Accrding to what Kocmoc posted, 1v1 mp campaign in the matchmaker worked from the start, and it seems now that team games also do work. So, yes it does improve and i'm saying it will improve farther as time goes on.

ah,so everything seems to be in shape now,all the 4 vs 3,2 are working,team games aslo work,will improve.good this has been fixed soon/

i want that game..:(

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-17-2011, 22:34
I still like to know though how I lose a 3v3 today and still capture a province? :laugh:

AggonyDuck
03-18-2011, 00:54
You probably gained a level.

Swoosh So
03-18-2011, 03:06
No guys only 1v1 automatch works fine, anything after that is buggy as hell also you select land games only in your 2v2+ queue and you can end up in naval games or for example in 2v2 it takes a player out of your opponents team and dumps him on your team for a 3v1! or throws all 4 of you in the same team vs noone! and it simply crashes :O Also it finds opponents and the game wont start and u have to ctrl alt del end task or something 1 player gets into the setup the other does not and all manner of assorted nonsence.... Also 90% of games for some crazy reason it sticks on low unit size so you end up with units of 20 men !! quite dissapointing when it bugs i can tell you. Me and magyarkhan for example played for over an hour and got 1 game that lasted 5 mins the rest ctd bugged or our opponents bugged. Earlier with aggonyking i had more sucess with about 70% of 2v2s running but it was also throwing us in naval games when we had that unticked! :)

And on top of that due to a bug where games dont finish properly or a trait bug dishonorable coward no games are registered for the ladder your stats or the clan campaign....

So its pretty far from fine and needs much more hotfixes.

The battle engine is really good as is the balance for the most part but the game is buggy as hell at the moment - i hope they get it fixed soon before all the new multiplayer influx of peeps simply dissapear to single player, i mean the games only out less than a week guys trying the MP for the first time are just gonna go play Single Player and not bother if they have to wait an hour on a game...

Kocmoc
03-18-2011, 10:26
No guys only 1v1 automatch works fine, anything after that is buggy as hell also you select land games only in your 2v2+ queue and you can end up in naval games or for example in 2v2 it takes a player out of your opponents team and dumps him on your team for a 3v1! or throws all 4 of you in the same team vs noone! and it simply crashes :O Also it finds opponents and the game wont start and u have to ctrl alt del end task or something 1 player gets into the setup the other does not and all manner of assorted nonsence.... Also 90% of games for some crazy reason it sticks on low unit size so you end up with units of 20 men !! quite dissapointing when it bugs i can tell you. Me and magyarkhan for example played for over an hour and got 1 game that lasted 5 mins the rest ctd bugged or our opponents bugged. Earlier with aggonyking i had more sucess with about 70% of 2v2s running but it was also throwing us in naval games when we had that unticked! :)

And on top of that due to a bug where games dont finish properly or a trait bug dishonorable coward no games are registered for the ladder your stats or the clan campaign....

So its pretty far from fine and needs much more hotfixes.

The battle engine is really good as is the balance for the most part but the game is buggy as hell at the moment - i hope they get it fixed soon before all the new multiplayer influx of peeps simply dissapear to single player, i mean the games only out less than a week guys trying the MP for the first time are just gonna go play Single Player and not bother if they have to wait an hour on a game...

I dont care for ladder or campaign or anything that counts my games! For some people it might be very important, for myself i want fun and play the game, if the ladder works correctly or not, is surely not the important thing for me.

Yes, the 2v2 teambattles are still buggy and cause problems, its 3 days after release, we got one patch and CA is working on the next one. Im sure they fix it, so some patience should be the least thing we can do.

Low unit size, you ever asked yourself, if its just you who dont like it? There are plenty people who dont got the smallest problem with playing on small units at all!
I dont care if the units are big or small, small is even better, since the game dont last so long and units dont "bubblegum and rubberband" less.

I agree on the 4:0 or 3:1 matter, im with you on the problems of "invalid army setup", i want to add a problem i dont like, thats the divided chatrooms by country.
I sit in a german chatroom with some Elite guys and i cant get into chat with friends.
With people sitting in, US, UK, France, Turkey, Spain.... how that will work?

03-18-2011, 12:03
I dont care for ladder or campaign or anything that counts my games! For some people it might be very important, for myself i want fun and play the game, if the ladder works correctly or not, is surely not the important thing for me.

Yes, the 2v2 teambattles are still buggy and cause problems, its 3 days after release, we got one patch and CA is working on the next one. Im sure they fix it, so some patience should be the least thing we can do.

Low unit size, you ever asked yourself, if its just you who dont like it? There are plenty people who dont got the smallest problem with playing on small units at all!
I dont care if the units are big or small, small is even better, since the game dont last so long and units dont "bubblegum and rubberband" less.

I agree on the 4:0 or 3:1 matter, im with you on the problems of "invalid army setup", i want to add a problem i dont like, thats the divided chatrooms by country.
I sit in a german chatroom with some Elite guys and i cant get into chat with friends.

Look,are 4 vs 4 batles working, 2 vs 2?3 vs 3?

By the end of the month will the probs bve fixed,so we can play MP fine?

Swoosh So
03-18-2011, 18:43

Just about everyone on my friends list dont like small units in totalwar and prefers med/large size units.. to change foyer you change your download location in steam to that country and restart steam, and ye i want fun too but i also want ladders and the clan game to grow and develop.

AggonyKing
03-18-2011, 19:35
actually I don't mind the new features like the Match Maker and the ladders etc. They spice up the game from what otherwise would be the same good old pick a faction gameplay. Although that feature is still present, the new ones add some more variety to the Multiplayer. I personally enjoy heading into 1v1s or team match making not knowing what to expect.

Other than that, why the bloody hell is this MP so dam buggy! Some of you know where I'm coming from...

Jochi Khan
03-18-2011, 20:31
Well they've certainly messed up the Chat Foyer. It was looking so good at the start.

Why do I have to sit all evening waiting for a friends 'invitation to a game'?
Why can I not sit and arrange with friends to play a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4?

All I see in the foyer are a lot of players I do not even know or have never played with.
Only option otherwise is the Clan chat where you can see members listed in your clan.

The game might be a big step forward but in other ways it is an even bigger step backwards.

Come on CA lets get this fixed so that we can increase the interest of the new multiplayers and the regulars.