PDA

View Full Version : No hotfix for game breaker - come on!

Swoosh So
03-17-2011, 22:23
Why is there no hotfix for the multiplayer game breaker dishonorable coward trait? clan campaigns cannot be played and ladders cannot be climbed because of this bug that would require a very quick hotfix.. Really do the mp team want to deter the enthusiasm of new guys to Multiplayer? thats what will happen if this is not hotfixed. I wouldent even hotfix it just remove it altogether as im sure even when working as intended it will be annoying as hell if steam goes offline as its prone to do mid battle. theres no need for it just make any kind of drop in a game a loss for the dropped player allowing their allies if a team game to fight on....

This single bug has ruined my muliplayer experience for the start of the release... If some guys are just trying out multiplayer for the ladders and clan meta they may not have the patience to stick around with such a gamebreaker (breaking both the new mp game modes completely!).

Come on CA hotfix please just remove it completely and be done with it..

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-17-2011, 22:31
Never noticed this problem before. :embarassed:

Cecil XIX
03-18-2011, 02:15
I agree, it does real damage the longer it's there. I've played few games in order to avoid getting 'Dishonorable Coward', but I've still been paired against people who do have it. One guy actually dropped out at the end of the battle preventing us from getting points, but since he already has the "Dishonorable Coward" trait and I don't there's basically nothing to prevent that from happening again. I wouldn't call it quite game breaking as you can still level up, get new retainers and units etc., but it's as close as you can get without crossing the line!

Nikodil
03-18-2011, 07:28
Ah, so this is a bug! I just thought they had mistaken me for Elmo.

Sp00n
03-18-2011, 11:49
Ah, so this is a bug! I just thought they had mistaken me for Elmo.

They were in council with Elmo pre-release to base the trait on his exploits of old :)

Any all joking aside please fix it, its annoying and like Swoosh said isnt doing you any favours with the new MP crowd.

Nigel
03-18-2011, 21:00
I wouldent even hotfix it just remove it altogether as im sure even when working as intended it will be annoying as hell if steam goes offline as its prone to do mid battle. theres no need for it just make any kind of drop in a game a loss for the dropped player allowing their allies if a team game to fight on....

I completely agree with this thought.
Ragequitters are mildy annoying - that is true. But connection losses happen quite freqently and cannot be avoided. I would think that even if the dishonourable coward trait would work as inteded, it would probably be just a matter of time until 50% of all players have it.

Plus, there are a 100 good reasons not to play a game to the end and just bow out courteously : real live calling, the phone ringing, your kids crying, your friends waiting to meet and do something more important than playing computer games. For all this I would happily forfeit a victory, let a loss be counted and politely quit a game.

Magyar Khan
03-19-2011, 01:51
u should be able to get rid of it faster, if u played 3 o5 normal games than it should be gone....

AggonyReborn
03-19-2011, 03:56
yep my dishonorable trait wont go away no matter what I try :( were all doomed cowards!

Magyar Khan
03-19-2011, 04:26
btw amazingly i use the same gameplay as in stw1.... same groups and stuff.... less horsearchery/... :( simply to expensive but all feels well....

Hunter KIng George
03-19-2011, 05:29
I felt so honorable...it seemed I was the only one without the dishonorable coward trait, until>>> I was having a 2v2 clan match vs Battlestars. We all joked about how everyone had it except me...as soon as the game finished, hocus pocus >>> i was a coward. :embarassed:

Oh well! It felt good while it lasted...maybe it's a virus. :laugh4:

TosaInu
03-19-2011, 12:55
btw amazingly i use the same gameplay as in stw1.... same groups and stuff.... less horsearchery/... :( simply to expensive but all feels well....

That's good, seeing it's Sengoku Jidai Japan. The horsearchers are elite samurai and guns and especially more spears make them even more rare. Man by man, horsearchers should be very strong, as a whole unit though they would get less of a say with every year.

The units in the original STW had quite an unauthentic feel to them: equal amounts of farmers and horsearchers in a unit.

The amount of horsearchers seen in STW reminds me of Mongol:total war, not of Japan.

OUT4BLOOD
03-19-2011, 15:36
Cav archers represent skill and good micro, it's sad to see them less usable

TosaInu
03-20-2011, 11:34
Cav archers represent skill and good micro, it's sad to see them less usable

They do, and the skill to get something good out of them only increases as Sengoku Jidai progresses. That's because the bow was not the best way to fight off loads of yari armed warriors.