PDA

View Full Version : Religion

Ed TW
03-19-2011, 08:58
I have a province which unbeknowns to me converted itself to christianity. I already built a facility for calvary so i'm unable to build a budhist temple. I did send a monk to this province as a minister, but it still keeps converting to christianity and I can't say why.
Don't know what to do?

Plusi
03-19-2011, 10:28
If you hover your mouse over the numbers in the province info tab, you should see the determining factors involved in why the religion changes. If a monk isn't offsetting the rise in Christianity, then it could be due to buildings (churches, Nanban trade ports), foreign agents, or influence from neighbouring provinces.

Hope this helps :-)

Zarky
03-19-2011, 16:42
What above poster said.
Christianity spreads like wildfire in this game, to counter the conversion caused by a single Nanban trade port you need (in addition to level 1 buddhist temple) at least 1 high ranking converter, or several weaker ones.
At one point my plan was to accept Nanban trade ports but then just cancel out their conversion, took a lot more effort than I first imagined.
At one point I might have to play a game where I intentionally convert. Would make it really hard to advance and keep good relations to neighbors.

Liberator
03-20-2011, 14:35
I wonder, are there any real benefits of christianity, after all? (I am not talking about RL :laugh4:)

- Yeah, you can build musket units early on, but what I have seen, they are not that usefull. Archers easily outrange them. And they don'T do that well in melee combat either...
- Nanban ports? No use when you have no none to trade with i guess.
- The only reasonable benefit I see is that you can build european ships

Besides the diplomatic problems, you also have to promote christianity on its own to secure happiness in conquered regions, which slows down your progess.

Zarky
03-20-2011, 15:34
I wonder, are there any real benefits of christianity, after all? (I am not talking about RL :laugh4:)

- Yeah, you can build musket units early on, but what I have seen, they are not that usefull. Archers easily outrange them. And they don'T do that well in melee combat either...
- Nanban ports? No use when you have no none to trade with i guess.
- The only reasonable benefit I see is that you can build european ships

Besides the diplomatic problems, you also have to promote christianity on its own to secure happiness in conquered regions, which slows down your progess.

Though you get musket troops early, they take 4 turns to recruit and recruitment cost is huge. The benefit I find most desirable is cannons. Not only for sieges but defensive battles as well.
BTW, anyone know which is the easiest clan to convert with? If I'm not wrong, Kyushu starts with 1 Nanban trade port and many clans there (at least the one controlling said trade port) seem to convert. So Shimazus seem the obvious choice, but are there any better ones?

Liberator
03-20-2011, 15:47
I guess southern clans like the Chosokabe and the Mori are good for that as well.
As a Mori, I got al lot of offers from the foreigners.

When I played with the Date, I got offered trading with them only once in 70 turns.

Ed TW
03-21-2011, 09:09
Thanks it was the port. I had no idea that this would convert the population. Thanks again.