PDA

View Full Version : installation headache with yet another total war game... (limited edition)

akinkhoo
03-20-2011, 15:38
first with empire, and now this... i really hate steaming POS... :furious3: /rant

ok according to the instruction i am suppose to setup.exe, install steam and activate the product. :book: which is ok except the game already has a patch and i am to wait a hour to dl everything... :inquisitive: then the instruction say enter the limited edition code as prompted... except there is no prompt! i click on activate product again and it say product activated, there is no next screen the instruction mention of... :juggle2:

:help:

why can't the just make it a DLC or something i can click on... anyway so i an unable to proceed pass step 3 of the instruction, i can play the game but just like empire, i can't get the extra stuff to work on first installation... i really hope the standardize the installation for all versions instead of making the paid customer pray if steam install properly or not... :inquisitive:

SOSamurai
03-20-2011, 16:30
It technically is considered DLC. To clarify you have to activate 2 codes. The normal serial code, plus the Limited Edition code after you've installed the basic game.

I had to go to "Steam>Games>Activate a Product on Steam" and go through the process of entering the LE code (not the standard game code).

To make sure it all activated right click the game in Steam Library and select "View Downloadable Content". It should say "Total War Shogun 2: Limited Edition" or something to that effect as DLC.