PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the Legendary dogpile.

antisocialmunky
03-20-2011, 18:06
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with any of the legendary campaigns. I have played 3 legendary Shimazu campaigns. I lost the first 2 due to running by units hidden in trees and having my cities taken. I've been more careful in my third campaign to avoid this. However, I can't make any long term friends to trade so I'm broke and besieged by my former ally (the red neighbors - managed to keep them friends for about 20 turns with arranged marriages and stuff but they finally decided to murder me horrible - maybe got bribed by the Shoni), the Shoni clan, and the Ouchi clan.

The Shoni control the seas so even if I could get trade with the thickled Honshu clans assuming the clan doesn't lose the port the next turn, the Shoni just pirate it. I have 2 1/2 stacks and 3 provinces and no where to go. Shoni keep sending Katana infantry at me while the red guys spam bow ashigari at me and I just can't hold even at the river any more. Right now I'm besieged by about 4000 guys in Satsuma. I'm thinking about falling back to the castle. Its just infeasible to defend the bridge now that units can shoot while on the bridge...

Any ideas?:no:

The Blind King of Bohemia
03-21-2011, 14:12
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with any of the legendary campaigns. I have played 3 legendary Shimazu campaigns. I lost the first 2 due to running by units hidden in trees and having my cities taken. I've been more careful in my third campaign to avoid this. However, I can't make any long term friends to trade so I'm broke and besieged by my former ally (the red neighbors - managed to keep them friends for about 20 turns with arranged marriages and stuff but they finally decided to murder me horrible - maybe got bribed by the Shoni), the Shoni clan, and the Ouchi clan.

The Shoni control the seas so even if I could get trade with the thickled Honshu clans assuming the clan doesn't lose the port the next turn, the Shoni just pirate it. I have 2 1/2 stacks and 3 provinces and no where to go. Shoni keep sending Katana infantry at me while the red guys spam bow ashigari at me and I just can't hold even at the river any more. Right now I'm besieged by about 4000 guys in Satsuma. I'm thinking about falling back to the castle. Its just infeasible to defend the bridge now that units can shoot while on the bridge...

Any ideas?:no:

Have to be honest the game has kicked my arse on legendary. I've had three Vesugi campaigns and been beaten every time. I find that a coalition of enemies always form with the Takeda at the head of them. At one point three Takeda armies, an Ikko-Ikki, another clan that I'm not to sure of the name and a Hojo army that seemingly marched through one of my Vassal territory unheeded and all at one point launched enormous stacks at my castle which were repulsed in the end but with difficulty, eventually I was overwhelmed by the Takeda, I just didn't have time to organise.

My newest campaign is going alittle better, taking some land of the Date but its hard, the only reason why the Takeda are weakened and not attacking me is after a castle battle with me, Yamanouchi and three stacks of them were mauled.

I'm enjoying it though.

PROMETHEUS
03-21-2011, 17:28
I have posted a guide on how to win at legendary with the Oda , the same could be applied mostly to the other factions ...

just scroll the threads in this section ... unless moved to guides section ...

antisocialmunky
03-23-2011, 14:41
I thought you sweared of TW amd modding, Prom. We did some dev on Ran no Jidai together a few years ago.