PDA

View Full Version : major clan dying out quickly...

akinkhoo
03-22-2011, 12:14
they seem to be killed by other AI even before "the fun" start... are the minor clan too aggressive? playing hard, in 1550 half of them are dead.
:laugh4:

LeftEyeNine
03-22-2011, 12:16
I'm not really sure about Oda's starting state but in my all 4 games, they were destroyed very early, having emerged later on nevertheless.

A Nerd
03-22-2011, 12:31
I've only lost Mori. Quite early in the campaign actually.

Dodge_272
03-22-2011, 12:34
They'll be back. :dizzy2:

Monk
03-22-2011, 13:08
I'm not really sure about Oda's starting state but in my all 4 games, they were destroyed very early, having emerged later on nevertheless.

The Oda start at war with both Imagawa and Tokugawa, as well as a minor clan to their north. If they somehow manage to fight off the initial rush, their western neighbor almost always declares war on them. Oda requires sound strategy and a little luck on those first turns to get through.

Kagemusha
03-22-2011, 14:39
I think that its actually not surprising that "major" aka playable clans get destroyed easily at the campaign. In Kyushu the strongest Clan during 1545 was Otomo not Shimazu. In Shikoku, Myoshi, not Chosokabe, At Chugoku area both Ouchi and Amako were great powers compared to Mori. Hattori = Iga Monto was not even regionally powerful at Kansai, where Miyoshi also was the powerhouse. Oda was nothing compared to Imagawa at Tokaido. Date also was just one of the many minor powers fighting each other at Mutsu. Nagao / which in the game is already Uesugi was at civil war at the time. Maybe only Takeda and Hojo were rather powerful in their regions and from those two Hojo was hard pressed fighting multifront war against large host of enemies. So it is no wonder why playable Clans get destroyed many times, which could have happened quite easily also in reality.

Ituralde
03-22-2011, 15:23
Reading that just shows me how little I know about that era and place in history. Sounds interesting though and if anything even makes me want to play the game more!

knoddy
03-22-2011, 21:52
to me it seems like they made the playable calns not necasarily the major clans but the more interesting/harder to play clans. who cares if they get destroyed tbh. the peroid is all about war and destruction and conqouring. doesnt matter what clan u play as u will notice there is always a massive amount of battles going on. which is a good thing imo.

akinkhoo
03-24-2011, 00:43
---

akinkhoo
03-24-2011, 00:47
who cares if they get destroyed tbh.well i care... they are my FOOD!
i want to fight the best units...
:laugh4:

LeftEyeNine
03-24-2011, 00:59
Actually, the more divided your enemy is, the higher your chances are.

That's how whole Kyushu is about to be dominated by my Shimazu.

They've fought over lands, harassing, weakening each other, exchanging provinces, making too de-centralized conquests while I was able muster an army "to rule them all".