PDA

View Full Version : Early Victory?

Lord Benihana
03-22-2011, 17:20
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else had tried to take Kyoto prior to the Shogun asking everyone to attack you.

I have 24 provinces and am currently at war with the Shogun (I attacked one of his allies) I have 2 armies that are in provinces directly attached to Kyoto... If I take Kyoto, will the rest of Japan declare war on me? Will I be immediately made Shogun?

I am trying to plan my next move, but I fear my allies will ditch me if the shogun requests that they do...

Lord Benihana
03-22-2011, 17:40
I meant "realm divide " above - but does anyone know what happens if you take out the shogun before the realm divide?

knoddy
03-22-2011, 21:40
i took it before realm divide, after 4 turns i became shogun. no everyone doesnt declare on you, however once i conqored a bit more i didnt get the realm divide message but i noticed in the diplomacy screen that my allies were unfriendly towards me and when i checked why they had like -100 relations from realm divide. and evntually they all declared on me.

Lord Benihana
03-22-2011, 21:55
so it sounds like a benefit - everyone hates you, but you can still take them out piecmeal...

I think I will march on Kyoto tonight! It looks like a very upgraded castle

knoddy
03-23-2011, 03:13
no no, everyone delcared on me eventually, just that my allies held out a bit longer, i took kyoto, then a few years after i had all neutral factions declare on me, my allies followed a few years after. wasnt really of much benefit.

Lord Benihana
03-23-2011, 18:50
Took out Kyoto Last night - what a battle...

Did anyone else find it odd that the bridges were worthless? I lined up my me at 2 separate bridges - thinking they would be shot to pieces, but that I might be able to overwhelm the defenses... I ordered my men to climb the walls, and - they walked across the water rather than go over the bridge...

In fact, not 1 unit used the bridge - all preferring the shallows of the moat... I thought it was a bit ridiculous as it made the citadel harder for the AI to defend than a Castle... Also the food penalty for taking over Kyoto was a hardship I could have done without. Is this a bug or are you supposed to trudge through the swamp?

Prince Cobra
03-26-2011, 11:14
Took out Kyoto Last night - what a battle...

Good choice. You certainly won my support for your cause. Kyoto always attracted me for a number of reasons. But it will be really a long story. :bow:

I can't help you about the second question, though. Just use your imagination that probably the bridge was destroyed. :wink:

P.S. Which clan do you play? :stwmean:

Lord Benihana
03-29-2011, 22:10
Currently playing as Shimazu - looking for suggestions for my 2nd campaign

Game got REALLY hard after the realm divide when all my allies turned on me. It took about 5-6 years for me to consolidate and I think the rest of the game will be a breeze - sinc my economy is finally back to normal after l;osing all my trade partners and I own the map south of the 2 mountain passes just north of Kyoto.