PDA

View Full Version : Bug list?

Andres
03-22-2011, 17:49
Maybe we should create a bug list.

Please post only bugs here (I guess posts to correct posts that are mistaken in their reports are ok too).

A bug is something that is not working as intended (so please, don't use this thread to complain about historical inaccuracies or aspects of the game you simply don't like but are not a bug).

Feel free to report know bugs that you have heard of elsewhere. If at all possible, try not to report bugs here that have already been reported (but a short "I experienced that too" post should be ok, if only to make sure several people encounter the problem).

I'd like to ask the moderators to be ruthlessly ruthless with this thread by deleting anything that does not report a bug or offers a solution.

I'm not going to edit this post to put all reported post in a nice list (well maybe I will, if I'm bored), but the mods are free to edit this post in order to do so.

:bow:

nafod
03-22-2011, 18:04
Three so far:

1. Fleets can become stuck next to trade nodes. They cannot move further are not occupying the node thus no trade revenue. They can be disbanded. Note this is pretty rare.

2. Reinforcements will appear on the battle map and not engage in the battle. This can happen in cases both for and against the player. Only really causes an issue in a defensive siege battle without the battle timer set where the player needs to take advantage of the fortifications, as the reinforcing army will not attack until it's engaged.

3. AI naval invasions - attempting to land troops where it is not possible to do so. In my Shimazu campaign on normal I observed a Shoni fleet carrying a sizeable land force would sail to the cliffs west of Ozumi, hesitate, then sail back out to sea. It repeated this behaviour for twelve turns.

Lord Benihana
03-22-2011, 22:01
Per #1 - I had a different experience with this. My trade node got attacked and I won and captured one of their vessals. The next turn, my ships looked like they were on the trade node, but the node was grey on the map (meaning unused) and there was no trade dashes coming from it.

I fixed it by building another trade ship and moving it to the trade node. The next turn I was able to move my "ghost fleet" again - but they had magically transported around the island by the trade node - ony 1/4 move away, but still odd. I put them back on the trade node and have had 0 problems since

Also wanted to point out that this is probably the LEASET buggy TW since MTW1.. cheers CA

Louis VI the Fat
03-22-2011, 23:41
Yeah...hi....listen, erm, there's like this fly on my monitor that's bugging me? I mean, I can't see the game properly like this. Sometimes there's more than one, like when I haven't showered for a while. It's ruining the game for me.

Whadya guys recommend? Should I list all of those bugs here? Sometimes there's these green things too.

Furunculus
03-23-2011, 00:34
^ poopy face ^

Defeats that provide no information on why one was defeated, or any warning that defeat was imminent:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?133985-End-turn-sudden-defeat-why

Lord of the Isles
03-23-2011, 02:12
1. Trade Nodes. I have seen this too, in one specific case: I got a message that I had lost the trade agreement for Incense (the further North of the two Incense trade nodes, West of Satsuma). When I went to move the fleet there, I could select it but not move it anywhere. A few turns later another clan moved a fleet onto the node and now clicking on the node sometimes brought up their fleet, sometimes mine. Everything else (e.g. trade lanes) showed they now were getting income from the trade route. I was then able to select ships and scupper them, after which things seemed to go back to normal.

4. Grouping Units. Often (about 30% of the time?) when I select a large number of units to group, when I hit the 'g' key the unit card display updates but leaves 1 of the units (always just 1) out of the newly formed group. If I select the group, then the unit that seems to have been left out, then hit 'g' again, the display redraws but now a different unit is left out. When I select the group and move it, the 'missibng' unit seems to move as though it is still in the group, so this looks like a display bug only.

UglyJun
03-23-2011, 15:20
this seems new the game crashes when using special abilities with yor general like stand and fight . when i hit that button now in custom battles i ctd ? this happend 3 times sofar so i keep testing it :(
before the patch this was ok no crashes ?

ps: only happens in custom battles player v comp

LeftEyeNine
03-24-2011, 00:54
Sometimes, on the strategy map, units tend to take unnecessary zigzag turns, losing vital movement points.

Daveybaby
03-24-2011, 10:08
[Campaign] Further confirmation on the trade node bug, seen it once myself.

[UI] Mouse scrolling on the campaign map will not work on parts of the screen where there is a UI overlaid. So, if you select a large stack (unit list UI overlay fills the bottom of the screen) you cant mouse scroll down.

[Battles] I somehow got a light cavalry unit stuck on a bridge once when defending a siege. Wouldnt respond to orders until it eventually got routed by a passing yari.

[UI Suggestion] Get rid of the delay between mouse hitting the edge of the screen and starting to scroll the map

[UI Suggestion] Option for faster scrolling in the campaign map.

[UI Suggestion] Clicking in the minimap (campaign) should take you straight there on the main map (or maybe just on doubleclicking if you *really* want to keep the tedious scrolling)

[UI] When the research complete popup occurs, you click on the autoselected tile to take you to the research screen and pick a different art to research. When you exit the research screen, the popup still states that youre going to learn the original autoselected tile. A bit confusing at first (thought it hadnt worked).

[Advisor] Might be nice to have an advisor warn you that you arent actually researching anything at the beginning of the game.

[UI] The event popups at the start of each turn often have a magnifying glass 'goto' icon allowing you to goto that event's location and sort it out. Except often you just get the next popup in your way. Either get rid of the goto icon on the initial popup (keep it when youre clicking on icons in the event list), or handle it in some other way.

[Advisor] keeps telling me to upgrade roads/farms in a province that cant upgrade them due to insufficient tech. Every Turn. Annoying. I only mention it because the advisor is actually pretty good otherwise.

Nelson
03-24-2011, 14:54
When you turn off the giant unit banners they still appear on reinforcement units. If we turn them off they should ALL be off ALL THE TIME.

Dreadnought1
03-26-2011, 02:06
Re Trade Fleets:
I had this problem but there is an easy work around - I've had to do it several times during my last Shimazu campaign.
Just save the game then immediately load it - the trade fleet will have moved to an adjacent 'square' so just move it back onto the trade node.
Saves scuttling or building more ships.

Since it happened the first time, I keep looking at the colour of the trade nodes on the mini-map each turn...
Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Dreadnought1
03-26-2011, 02:13
My favourite bug so far is when I fought several successful naval battles off Mikawa province then went and used my fleets to raid the local trade route in two places......only to find I was getting between 500,000 and 780,000 koku per turn - later on it was raking in over a million per turn. Not bad work if you can get it!!!

Saving and reloading didn't fix this so after playing several more turns (and raking in amazing amounts of cash) I restarted the campaign.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Forward Observer
03-26-2011, 07:25
Disappearing Generals and troops

I have had this happen on two seperate occasions. The first time I had a 4 star general with 17 units in a castle. I selected the general and 16 units to attack a small army in the next province. However when the pre-battle screen came up the general and 4 of the 16 units simply evaporated. The first time this happened, I did not spot it and since I had the enemy quite out-numbered anyway, I still won. However after the battle, I could not figure out where my best general had disappeared to.

Fortunately, I saved right before the battle, so I reloaded and was able to repeat what happened. Whether I fought the battle or auto-resolved it, the general and the other 4 units would simply disappear forever. I was able to wait a turn and then attack--thus avoiding the problem.

I have had it happen a 2nd time with a different general, but even though I saved, it did not repeat on the re-load.

LeftEyeNine
03-26-2011, 12:18
[Graphical] Routes that units take sometimes look broken for no apparent reason

UglyJun
03-27-2011, 07:18
save replays is 1 more issue it appears it will only save your replay if u use the save replay button right after the battle fineshed, if u dont it wont save :(
next screen u get battle report with the option to save again that doesent work at least on my computer .......

Rothe
03-28-2011, 06:59
I get a CTD when I click on the manually resolve button in a battle start menu during my single player campaign.
It does not happen always, but it seems that if I have played a battle manually earlier in a "session" then the second battle will cause this 90% of the time.
So, for me, I have to always save before a battle and then CTD - reload before I can play those battles.

Very annoying, but the game is otherwise so good that I still play it. I would play for longer sessions probably if it worked.

Second bug I saw (or buggish behaviour) was during an ambush. I started surrounding the AI in the battle. The AI basically had a "train" of troops and he kept moving straight forward, even as I had troops on his both flanks and was closing in. I kept firing arrows and surrounding him and the response was to leave his archers to fire back and keep moving with the melee troops. I decimate the archers and then it is an easy win to fight the melee troops later on.

I suppose it could be a problem with priorities of which side to attack first? My troops were on both sides, with roughly equal amount of men. Only some were hidden in a forest, and even they came out quite fast.

quadalpha
03-28-2011, 14:56
New one: Two units/agents on the campaign map can become stuck together if one spawns on top of another. This happened to me with a rebel army spawning on top of a monk and a different rebel army spawning on top of another army. Someone on TWC saw one of his ninjas get stuck with a newly discovered rival ninja. When stuck like this, neither unit can be interacted with.

Gregoshi
03-28-2011, 18:23
New one: Two units/agents on the campaign map can become stuck together if one spawns on top of another. This happened to me with a rebel army spawning on top of a monk and a different rebel army spawning on top of another army. Someone on TWC saw one of his ninjas get stuck with a newly discovered rival ninja. When stuck like this, neither unit can be interacted with.
"Stuck" as in "can't select"? Or can you select it but it won't respond? If the former, have you tried selecting from the "Agents" list under the mini-map?

quadalpha
03-29-2011, 00:17
"Stuck" as in "can't select"? Or can you select it but it won't respond? If the former, have you tried selecting from the "Agents" list under the mini-map?

The agent can be selected as normal and viewed, but can't be ordered (there is no movement range shown either). The army can't be attacked (mouse pointer doesn't even turn into the sword as usual).

Vlad Tzepes
03-30-2011, 15:48
The agent can be selected as normal and viewed, but can't be ordered (there is no movement range shown either). The army can't be attacked (mouse pointer doesn't even turn into the sword as usual).

I can confirm that. I couldn't find a workaround.

Also, something similar seems to happen with fleets. I had a naval battle near a trade spot. There were other (neutral) fleets around. After winning, some captured bune ended up (in one stack) on the same spot as a neighbouring fleet. This captured stack became un-movable (the cursor turns into a red X).

Anyway, these are the only 2 bugs I've encountered. The strange black skies and completly transparent water and coloured flares I experienced when first playing went away after upgrading to the latest Nvidia drivers (I own a GeForce 9800). The game seems to be enjoyingly stable (minus a couple of ctd's or so) and a million miles away from the vanilla ETW (that almost drive me insane with crashes).

Naughtius Maximus
04-02-2011, 07:48
Trade fleets seem to stop trading and freeze in situ.

Reapz
04-03-2011, 05:11
MASSIVE increase in income

1581 my income increased from about 8,000 per turn to 1,500,000 next turn, then 5,500,000 next turn.
Looking at the economics screen the revenue was coming from commerce raiding.Next turn its forecasting my income at 11,000,000 plus.
This campaign is Shimazu on H/H
... and no I didn't activate a cheat code or mess with the cfg file.

Reapz
04-03-2011, 17:15
Ok so this phenomenon lasted three turns, was triggered by blockading the AI trade route out of Owari and when I conquered that province it stopped. By that time my bank balance was upwards of 30,000,000.

HopAlongBunny
04-05-2011, 00:51
If I select a unit (usually missile) and just order an attack, sometimes they will stretch out 1 deep and begin to march toward the exit.

This does not happen often, and seems more likely to occur during a siege than a field battle.

quadalpha
04-05-2011, 11:42
If I select a unit (usually missile) and just order an attack, sometimes they will stretch out 1 deep and begin to march toward the exit.

This does not happen often, and seems more likely to occur during a siege than a field battle.

Sounds like the target is slightly out of range and it's moving to engage. I think missile units will move until all of their men are in range, so if the front rank is in range and the guys at the back aren't, the front rank will still fire on fire-at-will, but when you order the unit to attack, it'll move to bring all their men in range.

aimlesswanderer
04-10-2011, 14:48
I got a monk to ferment a rebellion, but the rebel army appeared on top of him, in Aki right next to the castle. So both he and the rebel army got stuck, and it's been 5+ years. I wonder if the rebels will be 'released' when he dies of old age in a decade or so. Can't attack the army or move the monk. Hmm, maybe i should try and bribe them. They haven't lost anyone due to winter attrition.

UglyJun
04-11-2011, 07:00
i got same exact bug got to wait for old age of your agent hehe

Seyavash
04-13-2011, 00:00
Two annoying bugs that I continually encounter.

1.) Trade Fleets suddenly stop trading but cannot move. Only way around it is to scupper the fleet and reoccupy the spot (I wait until i have a replacement fleet close enough to keep opportunistic clans away)

2.) Agents that were in my army when I create a vassal get stuck in thevassals castle. Sometimes I can move them out a few turns later other times they seem permanently stuck.

Also not a bug but very annoying, agents cannot disembark with the army from a fleet. This is just silly.

Ishmael
04-17-2011, 06:35
As the title of this thread suggests, I've been having some problems with selecting a side in custom battles. Clicking on the 'double arrow' to change sides does nothing - I stay as the attacker (which I believe is the default) no matter what I do. Whilst this isn't much of a problem for field battles, as the AI tends to march towards you no matter what, it's a bit of a hassle for sieges, as I've been wanting to practice my siege defenses. Has anybody else experienced this problem, or know how to fix it?

EDIT: Sigh...and I notice after posting that there is a 'Bug list" thread stickied. I'll go post my problem in there, feel free to disregard the thread.

Ishmael
04-17-2011, 07:20
As I'm feeling lazy, I'll directly copy from my earlier misplaced post:

I've been having some problems with selecting a side in custom battles. Clicking on the 'double arrow' to change sides does nothing - I stay as the attacker (which I believe is the default) no matter what I do. Whilst this isn't much of a problem for field battles, as the AI tends to march towards you no matter what, it's a bit of a hassle for sieges, as I've been wanting to practice my siege defenses. Has anybody else experienced this problem, or know how to fix it?

Gregoshi
04-17-2011, 07:23
Sorry Ishmael, I thought that after 45 minutes, you weren't going to post in this thread, so I merged in your original thread within an minute or so of you copying it yourself. :wall:

Ishmael
04-17-2011, 10:56
Sorry Ishmael, I thought that after 45 minutes, you weren't going to post in this thread, so I merged in your original thread within an minute or so of you copying it yourself. :wall:

No worries - it's amazing how often that sort of quirk of timing occurs online :laugh4:

edyzmedieval
04-17-2011, 20:00
There's a problem with the Raw Silk Trade Node. There's a map glitch which causes your entire fleet to block and unable to move unless you scupper it completely.

It occurs on the right side of the trade node, and happens if you move the fleet with the End Turn, the fleet advances from the northern part of Japan and in the straights, ending up right in the choke point of the map glitch.

gauch0
04-21-2011, 19:39
I received an odd "New Character Trait" message in my current game. It told me that one of my characters had gained a new trait, but the trait was called "PLACEHOLDER." I was unable to determine which of my characters had supposedly gained the trait.

Dead Guy
04-24-2011, 18:20
Today I lost the ability to scroll the map. I've tried changing the settings in every way I can imagine. Won't work with either mouse or WASD. I can move the view around by clicking on the mini-map. Haven't tried a battle yet... gulp. There's no mini-map in legendary.

Edit: Can still scroll as usual in battles.

Edit: Solved by starting a new campaign...

Daveybaby
05-05-2011, 12:13
Agents recruited in provinces providing XP bonuses dont gain the retinues that they would have got if the XP had been earned normally. Assuming this is a bug since they get the skill points...

Forward Observer
05-14-2011, 22:42
Agents recruited in provinces providing XP bonuses dont gain the retinues that they would have got if the XP had been earned normally. Assuming this is a bug since they get the skill points...

I noticed this early on, but also wasn't sure if it was a bug or not--good idea to list it though.

Correction:

In my current campaign, I noticed that in provinces where I had higher level specialty buildings allowing me to recruit a level 2 or 3 agent, I also got a retainer selection. In other words--if I was getting to add 4 skill points at recruitment, I also got to add a single retainer. I had this ability for both a monk and a Ninja. This makes me think that not having a retainer choice for recruitment at only one XP step above entry level may not be a bug.

Cheers

Fridgebadger
05-21-2011, 15:35
1) Replay randomness

I had fought a particularly epic battle against two full enemy stacks, which I eventually won quite comfortably, and thought I'd try out the replays as I'd never looked at one (and quite wanted to show a mate the game).

I started the replay and the first half of the battle, against the first stack looked perfectly familiar, but as soon as the second stack came on to the field, the replay completely diverged from what actually happened. Instead of routing and destroying the enemy reinforcements, I watched as my army was torn to pieces... So the replay showed me losing a battle I'd actually won...

2) Save/load bug?!

Also, and I hesitate to even ask this as I've only seen one instance that made me suspect, and haven't yet tried to reproduce it, but could we be seeing a reappearance of Rome's save/load bug?

For people that didn't play Rome, this was a bug where, to save space on save-games, the AI-states weren't saved, instead, on any re-load, all the AI objectives would be recalculated. What this meant was that, if you were under siege, saved the game and re-loaded, any AI armies laying siege would break off and usually wonder away; and any AI armies on their way to attack would change their minds and retreat. It made the AI completely passive, it just couldn't take provinces off you or other AIs.

Now clearly this isn't true of Shogun, as the AIs eat each other pretty quick, however, I did notice one occasion where two and a half full stacks suddenly appeared, attacked a castle and took it easily. I reloaded (my Daimyo was in that city, and I was going to retreat him whilst accepting the loss of the rest of the army & province....), and the attacking armies just stayed on the border for the next 5 or 6 turns, even after I'd left that province unprotected.

Has Anyone noticed weird/passive/indecisive AI behaviour after a re-load? If Shogun is using the same rationale as Rome - ie, recalculating AI objectives fresh every time the player reloads the game, this thing could be happening, even if its not as game-breaking as the Rome version...

Shigemasa Oyamada
05-29-2011, 06:41
Something rather minor but annoying that I noticed is sometimes during siege defenses (I've only seen this in campaigns) enemy units will somehow get stuck in the risen earth at the base of walls, and cannot be killed. Particularly annoying during after battle routs when I can't kill the last guy ( have to quit battle)

Kurisu
05-30-2011, 02:57
Trade Route Tooltip - Icon Omissions

In the tooltip which displays on mousing over trade routes (dashed lines) on the campaign map, the resource column never displays more than one resource icon. This is despite the presence of more than one import commodity as well as the correct calculation for the actual value of the route after a merge point based on all imports.

Example: I'm importing silk via a trade node. Later on that same path, I pick up cotton. The total value reflects this, but only cotton or silk shows up in the imports column. Again later I pick up warhorses. Correct total value for all three imports is displayed, but now the imports column only shows warhorses.

This is the same for both player and AI trade routes alone or in combination. It makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to analyze an enemy's trade network and attack it with any specific purpose. Likewise, it makes protecting your own supplies a logistical puzzle requiring all sorts of back-tracing routes and guesswork. I might know I'm importing iron and know where it's coming from, but if it shares that route with another resource I might have no idea where it actually ends up (until that port gets sacked)..

Do others see this as well? Hopefully it's just a simple UI bug.

edit: Hi all, first post :balloon2:

Reapz
06-20-2011, 16:27
Other people reporting the MASSIVE INCOME bug too:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=451637

@edyzmedieval
"There's a problem with the Raw Silk Trade Node. There's a map glitch which causes your entire fleet to block and unable to move unless you scupper it completely."
I have had the same thing happen with two other nodes. It happens when you have had a trading fleet on a node for a while. I had to scupper and replace the fleets. I remember something similar with ETW before the first patch.

Liberator
06-24-2011, 00:00
1. Trade agreement finishes when number of trade routes declines, for instance if a region with a habour is lost to an enemy; even if the region is retaken right in the next round; the former tradng partner still has enough trade routes

2. Even if a long-hold region was lost and reconquered right in the next round, one faces the same amount of "resistence to invaders(?)" as when captured the first time

3. Does one always get the 'territorial expansion' punishment in diplomatic relations, even if a region switches sides several times? (Meaning that there is no real expansion) I had the impression so far...

4. Even if the smallest castle has only Samurai retrainers and one attacks and autoresolves, the castle will burn.
Only option to avoid this is to fight, but its kind of pointless to fight just Samurai retrainers

5. Concerning vassals:
- I think one should get trading rights and military access instantly if one chooses the 'make vassel' option if a region is captured

- Spawning Vassals may start with 'historical grievances' in diplomacy, making the vassel attack its master very soon, while I think vassels shall not attack their master at all if not attacked or abandoned by him...

aimlesswanderer
08-06-2011, 16:15
Noticed something very annoying, when defending a level 4 castle as the Ikko, with a 17 unit stack, and the 3 spawned defense units that are chosen are ashigarus, instead of the warrior monks (level 3 temple). I think this is especially problematic for the Ikko, since I've got temples all over the place.

I deliberately had a nearly full stack so that I could take advantage of the 3 free warrior monk garrison, but which units turn up in the battle? Cruddy ashigaru! I paid good money out of my limited budget for that big temple, and either the best units in descending order should be spawned, or you should be given a choice of what you want. At times an extra archer would be more useful than warrior monks.

aimlesswanderer
08-28-2011, 07:26
Oh, and one of my vassals declared war on another of my vassals, surely this shouldn't be allowed to happen? Shouldn't your vassals effectively be allied to each other, with military access and trade if possible?

Tixan
11-14-2011, 01:39
Not sure if this is a bug really, but I find it really odd at least. In the province Hida, there is a sawmill as special resource. It gives -30% to the cost of recruiting ships. However, Hida is an inland province?

http://home.broadpark.no/~yblande/Tixan_Shogun2/Hida_small.jpg (http://home.broadpark.no/~yblande/Tixan_Shogun2/Hida.jpg)
click to see large picture

Nowake
11-14-2011, 06:42
Hello Tixan. It is not a bug, indeed. Hida is merely the only inland province with a Sawmill -- thus the developers had the option to either create two separate tool-tips concerning the perks provided by the Sawmill chain, one type for Hida and the other for all other provinces, or to leave it as it was. Doing nothing is always faster; one can't really begrudge it to them, as it is so very minor.

Tixan
11-15-2011, 18:05
I belive its not really a tooltip thing Nowake, thus I belive your two options are not the only options. Why would they make different tooltips as a solution? I would have put special resources that gives bonuses to sea, to provinces with a sea instead.

Comanglia
01-05-2012, 06:02
Odd game glitches that freezes the screen before a matchmade battle with it saying "A player has an invalid army setup."as seen here... oh wait 1st post you :daisy: kidding me? here I'll just edit into the post after I post it.
-edit-1440x900 screenshot
[screenshot removed]

-continue before the edit-Not to mention how buggy everything is in general. Crashing while in a battle, just after one, right as one starts, when I end my turn and when it's AIs turn it crashes (significantly worse in MP campaign.)

leonardo davinci
01-05-2012, 14:14
hey, throught the veteran system, i gave my heavy gunners the fire by rank ability. on the unit information panel with all the statistics and stuff, it says i have it, but there hasn't been a battle where i saw the button to use that. this really annoys me, because i don't play match made all that often, and it cost me 10 clan tokens.

TotalWarFan
01-12-2012, 16:57
I posted my original in the entrance hall post. (Wrong place methinks) Forgive the repost but I think it makes more sense to add it onto this thread. Cheers

Hello everyone, I've been an admirer of this Forum for sometime but only recently joined. I have been a fan of the total war series for a long time. I have had very few problems until I recently bought Shogun 2. The game looks great, love the graphics, love the idea (would be amazing if they made Rome 2 in this manner).

The problem is a weird crash that I seem to get after a large battle. During the battle, the game runs no problem, fast etc. The problem is after the battle (usually when I get the 'Heroic victory' tab up) I click end battle and the screen locks on its way back to the campaign screen. The sound carries on and the game thinks it has gone to the campaign map but it is stuck on the loading screen. Eg, i can press escape and hear the tab come up but cant see it because of the loading screen. I have tried to press Cntrl S to save the victory and tried to somehow click save from the escape menu that I cant see. To no avail. I have to exit the game using alt F4 and it reloads to just before the battle. This is a regular ctd and I cant seem to find a way to counter it.

For your information here is my Computer spec:

Dell XPS XPS720
5.3 (WEI rating)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
4 GB RAM
32- Bit Operating System (Vista)
NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX

Here are some ways Ive tried to counter it

1: Before every Start I verify the integrity of Game Cashe Via Steam. (Usually finds 10 or 5 files that it then downloads)
2: Disable Anti virus and firewall + internet connection when the game has started
3: Set priority of Shogun to 'High' using the Task Manager + stopping any process that is not necessary to the computer functioning.
4: Turning the Game Graphics to Low even thou it 'auto detects' at High
5: Tearing my hear out, doing some starjumps, and treating my Girlfriend better in a Karma Attempt.

Unfortunately, none of these steps have worked and i'm losing patience with it (which is a damn shame). I've probably posted this in the wrong place as i'm a bit of a newb to forums. If anyone can help me Id appreciate it a lot. Has anyone encountered the same thing?

Thanks in Advance, Please help if you can

Dan

spankythehippo
01-16-2012, 08:37
I had a pretty amusing glitch. When my army attacked another army, both armies looked the other way, and started slashing the air with their swords. Nothing else happened, but it looked ridiculous.

Another glitch was when it was the AI's turn. One of their garrisons left the castle, then went back in, then went out again. This continued to happen for about 1 minute. So I thought, "Maybe the general is indecisive. Or he's playing the Hokey Pokey."

I fixed it by turning Show AI Moves to Off.

aimlesswanderer
02-19-2012, 14:30
Had a very strange occurrence during my Mori campaign. I was defending Settsu castle (west of Kyoto with research bonus), a stronghold (have an outer bailey), and, when the battle started I had 2 very odd gaps in my outer walls, at the opposite ends of the castle. Possibly where the towers should have been.

However, the mysterious gaps acted as an escalator for the enemy, and, as you can see, they made their way up without trouble.

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/somewanderer/Org/03/2012-02-19_000021-1.jpg

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/somewanderer/Org/03/2012-02-19_000031.jpg

This just caused them to bunch up conveniently and they got massacred.

However, not long after the second shot was taken, with half the enemy dead or running off, and the remaining enemy (all archers) still standing around outside the castle, and with 90% of my troops still alive, I somehow lost the battle... I had a unit standing on the flag spot near the keep too.

Fagar
02-19-2012, 23:17
Wanderer..Now that is rough!!! :-(..

I had an interesting bug situation yesterday in starting an Oda Campaign. I conquered the Tokogawa but instead of wiping them out made them Vassals..
My diplomatic relations instead of getting better looked terrible with -187 for past grievances and nothing listed for Vassal or military alliance..
However when I visit them in diplomacy I get the "welcome noble friend" line instead of the expected "My sword is ready to take your head" that I should get from a -200 odd diplomatic relations..

and the in game is acting as expected from a vassal with ready agreement for trade, military access as a given etc etc..Interesting..

aimlesswanderer
02-24-2012, 02:56
I have figured out why I lost the first battle when the castle had 2 escalators.

I let the Imagawa levitate up and they were hanging around the flag spot for the tower/escalator. They were just standing there, so I let them get shot up by my gunners. I didn't notice that the "you're about to lose" counter was activated...

So in the second battle, as soon as most of them were up I charged them, and managed to get enough of my men into the circle for the timer to stop. They lost very badly.

Catma
03-28-2012, 15:18
I only noticed this after the patch, but it could be something else, as nobody else is reporting it. I don't have FotS installed.

Mr. Takeda has a big head. And I don't mean that metaphorically.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2q85zxv.jpg

Only a quarter or less of it is fitting in the unit portrait.

Narcisista
03-29-2012, 22:52
Is it just me or the game performance has slowed down considerably after this patch?

I've had a few campaign battles, with starting armies, draw to a considerable crawl and even had considerable delays in the campaign map, something that had never happened. I already reduced quality to High, but it still performs far worse than before the patch in very high quality.

Sp4
03-29-2012, 23:18
Is it just me or the game performance has slowed down considerably after this patch?

I've had a few campaign battles, with starting armies, draw to a considerable crawl and even had considerable delays in the campaign map, something that had never happened. I already reduced quality to High, but it still performs far worse than before the patch in very high quality.

Quite the opposite for me. I used to only barely be able to run it on ultra settings, now it runs smooth as cake, even when there is like mother of smoke from FotS battles.

-E- That bug with the huge head of Takeda Shingen everyone seems to have.

Narcisista
03-31-2012, 22:06
I've just noticed this, but the Resolute officials clan bonus for the Hiraizumi Fujiwara doesn't seem to work. Haven't found it in the tax income field for the province overviews or in the the economic overview.

On the other hand I found a 1200 other profit which was atributed to the Clan Estate. Has anyone else noticed this?

Jarmam
04-02-2012, 18:08
The Takeda head bug is also present as Tokugawa and it's actually Tokugawa's daimyo's head on Takeda's daimyo.

I suggest a seperate thread for bugs linked to the patch? As there are many, many of them both confirmed and suggested that might require input from many sources.

Baie052
05-24-2012, 05:48
haha lolx

kacuina
09-06-2012, 07:30
This can happen in cases both for and against the player. Only really causes an issue ...

ratbarf
09-26-2012, 04:18
Hey, I've got a couple of bugs to mention.

First, and most annoying, when I win a siege battle I have to immediately hit End Battle or the game freezes up. cursor still works, nothing else does and it doesn't get to the loading screen.

Second, fleets seem to get stuck between a trade route and a shore line. I watched a bunch of Shimazu and Chosokabe fleets move between the shore and and the dashed trade line until the ran out of movement points. Only happened when the trade route was in a channel and being raided farther down the route by an enemy army.

Third, occassionally when I have an agent with an army when I move the army and then end the turn the agent leaves the army and heads back to where the army started.

Fourth, I don't think this is really a bug, but it is really annoying. In my Oda campaign I'm allied with the Takeda, to speed up my conquests instead of killing off clans entirely I simply turn them into vassals whenever I can, problem is, two turns afterwards the Takeda delcares war against my new vassal, and I either have to wage a second war (I'm currently allied with the Takeda Chosokabe against the Shimazu who have managed to conquer all of Kyushu and half of Honsho. Literally everyone minus one or two province clans against them, kind of awesome.) on a different front that would likely result in my forces getting decimated, or I have to let Takeda eat my vassals..... He's supposed to be my ally and my vassals are supposed to be my provinces for all intents and purposes, why does he keep attacking them!

Lothe
12-06-2014, 08:27
"Stuck General Bug"

Hi all,

I did some searching and it didn't look like anyone else had reported this, so I thought I would mention. I'm playing TW:S2 with all the DLC except the Gore Pack.

This bug has occurred twice for me when defending a Fort in the setting where the castle backs up against a waterfall with an indestructible bridge nearby. (Most recently this happened to me in Fun'ai, but I think the first time was in a different province with similar terrain--not sure.) I rout an enemy unit, then send my general out ahorse to run down the fleeing soldiers. The enemy runs across the bridge, and the general attempts to follow--but stops dead on the near side of the bridge (I'm not sure of the direction--it's the near side to the side of the castle with just one gate).

At this point, the general cannot move. A yellow arrow will appear if I click somewhere, and he may even acknowledge the order verbally, but appears to be "stuck" on the end of the bridge. The unit cannot dismount or use any of its other abilities. It's just glued there until a non-routed enemy unit comes along and hacks it up.

Has anyone else encountered this? I guess one solution would be to really micro-manage the chase for routed units and make sure the general uses the two-door side, but I'm curious if I'm alone in experiencing this bug.