PDA

View Full Version : Shootout

Daevyll
03-23-2011, 11:14
Anyone done a shootout with Bow Samurai and Bow Monks to see which is better?

The monks have better basic stats (and whistling arrows!), but are a smaller unit size, so I wonder who will win in a straight shootout.

Kocmoc
03-23-2011, 11:57
Anyone done a shootout with Bow Samurai and Bow Monks to see which is better?

The monks have better basic stats (and whistling arrows!), but are a smaller unit size, so I wonder who will win in a straight shootout.

As this is SP part... I can help you out with MP information, Im not sure, how much it effects the SP or if its similar.

Bow Monks are not worth their money in terms of shooting! They do about same as ashi bows, which costs just a half.
The only real difference i can see are the melee stats and the moral, if its just about shooting, I would always go with bow ashis or bow samurai.
Whistling arrows seems to have very little effect. Since most effects are not shown in the statistics or bugged (we cant know) it is hard to say what it really does.

Let me give you an other example: Monks have war-cry, while it says, if you mouseover, that there are many effect, such as moral or combatstats.... there are only -2 defence shown in the stats. At least thats what you can see, if there are hidden things, that we cant really say.

Second example: We tried to stack moral penalties, with whistling arrows, general ability, missles and other effects, there are auras too.
We couldnt notice any real moral drop! Its like as there is no moral penalty active at all. Im just assuming, i have no real proof, apart from the acting of those units!

Back to your question. In 1v1 tests, the Bowmonk was about same as the ashi, but costs a lot more!
I personal wont use bowmonks in MP, in SP-campaign it might be different, important is, that you keep those bowmonks save, dont let them get into a shotout.