PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty

A Nerd
03-27-2011, 09:25
Is there anyway to improve a general's or family members loyalty? I have one general, actually, a brother of my diaymo, who has one loyalty circle. I got a message that said keep him or have him commit seppuku. I kept him because he is a four star and is on the move south with a good army to take another settlement. Should I have had him commit suicide or shall things be OK? I changed his title but that didn't make any difference. I put him in second command under my Diaymo to hopefully keep him from going rouge as I go south. Yikes!

therother
03-27-2011, 10:58
There are a number of things that affect loyalty, including your honour, his relationship to you (ie is he part of the family), his traits, his retainers and his title. He's already a member of your family and has a title, so if you can't quickly win a few great battles, take Kyoto or reach the traits on his skill tree that improve loyalty, you can have a metsuke oversee his army, which should bump him up a notch. Also, mastery of certain Chi arts can improve loyalty.

I think there are meant to be penalties for not ridding yourself of a dishonourable general, although I don't know what they are.

Zarky
03-27-2011, 12:02
Not having dishonorable generals commit seppuku can lead to a penalty in Daimyo honor, which could further drop loyalty.
The problem you're facing is probably because he is a 4 star general. From that point onwards they get "delusions of grandeur" -penalty to loyalty. I'm not sure if this is because general has higher rank than Daimyo or is it because after reaching that rank everyone just gets it.

Luckily for me I usually aim for the central/left part of the general skill tree so that I never run into loyalty problems.

Also a good way to increase general loyalty is to develop your Daimyo in that direction, the same trait that gives +2 loyalty to generals gives +2 honor to Daimyo which should give you 1-2 loyalty to all generals.

therother
03-27-2011, 12:15
Don't think it's all high rankers. Might be that he has a greater rank than the daimyo though, as I got a lot of this in my first game when I never fought with my daimyo, whereas not one of them has in my 2nd game when he's a top ranked general.

Zarky
03-27-2011, 13:33
Don't think it's all high rankers. Might be that he has a greater rank than the daimyo though, as I got a lot of this in my first game when I never fought with my daimyo, whereas not one of them has in my 2nd game when he's a top ranked general.

Good to have the facts of this, as I'm the type of player who doesn't use his Daimyo enough.
Usually I just concentrate on the guys who are my commissioners to get better bonuses.

A Nerd
03-27-2011, 14:06
What happens when a general goes rogue? Does he take the whole army with him? In a stack with another general, does he only take part of it? I got two new generals since I got the disloyalty message, both one star. Just a shame, I nurtured that guy, now he is disloyal! :/ Irratating, but I am glad it is part of the game, makes it more enjoyable.

Greyblades
03-27-2011, 14:30
Rouge generals? I thought the lack of loyalty only causes metsuke's bribes to be more effective on the general.

A Nerd
03-27-2011, 14:35
I didn't know that. It's very early in my Date campaign. Haven't even raised a metsuke yet. Have yet to encounter one either.

antisocialmunky
03-27-2011, 15:18
You can pile metsuke on him so he can't get bribed very easily.

Gregoshi
03-27-2011, 16:04
You can pile metsuke on him so he can't get bribed very easily.
Due to the tech tree requirements for the agents (which I really like), you can't spam them (no, this is the part I really like) unless I've missed some critical bit of info. Therefore, to use more than one metsuke on a disloyal family member/general makes them an expensive liability (tech up the castle to tech up the market which consumes food so you have to tech up the rice fields to avoid food shortages).