PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Polygamy

Lemur
03-27-2011, 19:42
So in my Mori campaign I was an unpopular Christian and I tried to get marriages whenever possible, to ease up on the hostility. Here's the thing -- every member of my family was married. No kids yet. And I was still able to get two more marriages. The brides never showed up on the family management screen, but the other clans showed the plusses and minuses of marriage.

So what happened? Did my young daimyo take them all as concubines? Is he some sort of Big Love daimyo? Is this a bug or a feature?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Lemurmania/polygamy_1318313c.jpg

LeftEyeNine
03-28-2011, 00:05
If not shown, my take is bug.

quadalpha
03-28-2011, 03:27
Actually, you don't need an eligible male in your family tree to take a diplo-wife. If you mouse over in the diplomacy screen, it'll say the lady will be married to "one of your retinue" (or something to that effect). If you don't have adult sons, I'd adopt a general so he gets the bonuses from a diplo-wife.

Rothe
03-28-2011, 08:39
And to add, it was not really uncommon in Japan to have concubines. I suppose you could say that the "first" wife shown in the family tree is the favored one and the rest are concubines.

Or it is just a bug...

akinkhoo
03-28-2011, 22:41
the lady just marry a random person in service of your clan instead of someone in your immediate family, that all...