PDA

View Full Version : .Net

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
03-29-2011, 01:22
What would you old MP'ers think if one brought back a new and improved version of goold old TotalWars.net?

:balloon2:

Kocmoc
03-29-2011, 10:10
With the org trying to support MP a lot more than in old days, i see no need to get the net back at all.
Instead, we should help to work on the Org. I know there are communications about tourneys and another step was to start a MP-guide.

koc

AggonyDuck
03-29-2011, 13:51
The .net was a product of its time. There isn't a demand for a new .net at the moment.

Dionysus9
03-29-2011, 19:34
There just aren't enough active community members to make it work. The .net was fun and unique, but it was just a flash in the pan compared to the .org. I spent hours and hours with EliteofGazoz... and a Wolf whose name escapes me at the moment.... drafting the .net's constitution (the Lex). It was a good time for TW with the CWC and Warbelt also thriving. I miss those days too. Actually, what I'd like is a copy of the Lex itself. It was lost when the plug was pulled on the server.

Did anyone ever hear from SoSo again? Hard to imagine he just faded away and yet that seems to have been the case.

t1master
03-29-2011, 21:00
remember iggy/roland/robin hood? :laugh4:

the lex, it was almost like a bunch of lawyers wrote that! :book:

UglyElmo2
03-29-2011, 21:38
I spoke with soso on the phone a few times way back when and I believe he left because he was getting ready to get out into the real world . . . real job, real girlfriend, etc . . . Since TW was in its waning months, there probably was no incentive for him to return.

I could be wrong, so SoSo, if you're out there send me a PM here. I am no longer at that phone number or email addy. :)

Dionysus9
03-30-2011, 01:03
OMG Iggy/Roland/RobinHood....Alguacil something or other... what a character!

Good to see you Elmo! And you too you old Ugly Goat! those were some fun times, for sure. Lawyers? ;)

I looked through some of my old backupt disks looking for a copy of the Lex just for toots and giggles but I couldn't find one. The only place I know of that might still have a copy would be the Grey Wolves old forums, if they are mothballed somewhere. Gaz and I posted a few drafts there.

Anyway, it was a great experiment in representative democracy -- as ill fated as it ultimately was. Good times, indeed.

t1master
04-01-2011, 01:00
lawyers?

i'll raise you one amicus curiae brief.... :OP

alioven
04-05-2011, 23:04
Hello Bachus, God of Wine,

Just a quick step out from the fog of time to give you a small gift from past times and thank you and everyone else for all the good moments we shared there and on the field. I never deleted all the stuff related to MTW and I knew I had them somewhere, remember that Ladder you created back then?

If the game comments about Shogun 2 improve and I get time for playing again, I hope I can meet you (all) online soon.

Saludos, amigo!

04-05-2011, 23:44
Don't worry, I can make .Net hip again! :goofy: :laugh4:

Dionysus9
04-06-2011, 16:26
Alioven! Hey its good to see you! It's been a long long time. Is that a copy of the Lex? Fabulous! I have tried to open it but cant find which program would work? Notepad, Wordpad, Acrobat, and Wordperfect wont work :( Any ideas which program might open it?

Thanks Alio! That is the only known surviving copy of the Lex (if we can get it to open).

Tsavong
04-06-2011, 19:36
They are .pdf files you need Adobe reader to open them after you un-zip the file.

Dionysus9
04-06-2011, 19:56
Wierd. I extract using Jzip and then try and open with Adobe Reader but I get an error :(

alioven
04-07-2011, 00:53
I can open them with a pdf reader (Acrobat, or Foxit reader) after extracting with WinRAR

Sp00n
04-07-2011, 11:42
With the org trying to support MP a lot more than in old days, i see no need to get the net back at all.
Instead, we should help to work on the Org. I know there are communications about tourneys and another step was to start a MP-guide.

koc

This I also see no need to resurrect another site, we should as Mike states concentrate on improving this one.

04-07-2011, 17:00
This I also see no need to resurrect another site, we should as Mike states concentrate on improving this one.

Argeed, I was just goofing around with you guys :laugh:.

Dionysus9
04-08-2011, 03:48
Thanks guys, I was able to open it eventually with WinRAR. Hard to believe we went to that much work. Thanks Alioven-- I salute you!