PDA

View Full Version : How one hour online looks like...

Kocmoc
04-04-2011, 21:15
We tried to play 2v2. 1v1 seems to work better.

23:06 Restart game - after a 4:0 game (should be 2v2, but it gets mixed up, 4 people on one side)
23:06 someone pressed start, Masked got "coward"
23:08 Searching for player
23:09 Restart game after a 3:1 game
23:11 Searching for player
23:13 Restart game after a 4:0
23:14 cant take the invite to the team - back to mainscreen bug
23:14 Restart game
23:16 Searching for player
23:17 got to setup - player lvl 5 and 6 left!
23:18 Searching for player
23:19 got to setup - 2x lvl 5 left
23:19 Searching for player
23:20 Restart game after a 3:1
23:21 Searching for Player
23:22 Game!!!
23:38 Game ends
23:38 Restart game after stuck on unit-stats

Break

23:50 Searching for player
23:52 Restart game after stuck on searching
23:53 crashed after trying to get to clancampaign
23:53 Restart game
23:54 Searching for player
23:55 got to setup - player left (didnt wrote down lvl)
23:55 Restart game
23:56 Searching for player
23:57 GAME!
00:07 Game ends

8 restarts and 2 games in 1 hour (with a small break). Now imagine that you have tons of "alt-F4" guys...
Why our lvl are shown? What give it to us, if other can see that im lvl 10? Since we cant lose XP, everyone will be lvl 10 at some point.
All I see is, that lvl 1-5 player complain about the MM, who gave them lvl 10 player. Most of them just escape and we have to restart game.
I see no benefit by having a lvl 10 in my star! Its rather a pain and I would like an option to put it off!

To the hour above. If i play the whole evening, there are hours which are better. Still we have many hours like the mentioned above.
There are so many bugs and problems, its almost impossible to list them all. Do we want to play siege-games? No! I didnt selected it, still we get into these games.
Do we want to play sea-battles? No! These selections should have effect and work.

It was yesterday, so maybe its somewhere in a log!

OUT4BLOOD
04-04-2011, 21:27
today more great success:

https://i52.tinypic.com/24ciruh.jpg

Jochi Khan
04-05-2011, 13:30
To be honest this game is now getting beyond a joke.

Tsavong
04-05-2011, 22:55
I think an improvement would be if they changed the battle list so you could see all hosted games as I normally only see 2 or 3 and if that’s the whole of the UK or Europe there can't be many people using the battle list.

Also with regards to the alt-F4 there are always going to be people like that who quit out of spite just to get back at someone who out played them or it something dose not go there way all you can do is be smug you won and they can't take it that they lost.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
04-05-2011, 23:49
Could be worse.

RTKBarrett
04-06-2011, 00:06
Could be worse.

LOL?

Yes we could all die tomorrow... Seriously warman what kind of contribution is that.

At the present moment the game is just not worth the effort. Ive experienced nights like this and had wished i just didnt bother. The real thing that is annoying/worrying me further is the lack of contact from CA,

Tomisama
04-06-2011, 00:32
Today 03:23 PM April 5th

Hi guys,

We're working hard on a list of changes for the next patch, which we'll publish soon in the official patch update thread.

Thanks,

Craig.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/13928-News-on-the-next-patch!/page3

OUT4BLOOD
04-06-2011, 13:23
'soon'

I've had enough of that word from other online games

t1master
04-06-2011, 20:58
it would be nice if one of their mp titles could get out of the gate on launch. each since rome it seems to me, has been plagued by bugs and connection issues that one would think would have been caught and corrected before shipping.

guess i'm waiting till the first major patch to see if i will be buying.

cheers :)

Jochi Khan
04-07-2011, 00:55
Tonight Four games played..Three completed..One crashed.

Kocmoc
04-07-2011, 08:19
it would be nice if one of their mp titles could get out of the gate on launch. each since rome it seems to me, has been plagued by bugs and connection issues that one would think would have been caught and corrected before shipping.

guess i'm waiting till the first major patch to see if i will be buying.

cheers :)

The game itself has huge potential, but as it is right now, I wouldnt buy it!
And what we can see from the 2 minor "patches" till now, the real problems didnt got touched at all. I start to believe, that we wont see real changes.
We stopped playing yesterday, I dont know, if I will start again, for now I have enough, Its a totally bugged game, with endless problems, very bad programmed.

We dont speak about balance issues, we are only speaking about the crash problems and stabiltiy. Its a joke, and people should get warned for this before they buy it.

UglyJun
04-07-2011, 09:00
i noticed huge drop in players last few days people starting to vote by simple stop playing :(

Sp00n
04-07-2011, 11:49
They seem to have the same issues that carry over from TW to TW and never get fixed, each new TW just seems to add additional bugs, I do love it but game setup is a very poor aspect of the game atm fix it please.

Swoosh So
04-07-2011, 14:27
The game itself has huge potential, but as it is right now, I wouldnt buy it!
And what we can see from the 2 minor "patches" till now, the real problems didnt got touched at all. I start to believe, that we wont see real changes.
We stopped playing yesterday, I dont know, if I will start again, for now I have enough, Its a totally bugged game, with endless problems, very bad programmed.

We dont speak about balance issues, we are only speaking about the crash problems and stabiltiy. Its a joke, and people should get warned for this before they buy it.

Ive already had my moneys worth tbh if i compare with other games. I think MP is in a good state outside of automatching and once automatches are fixed/improved the game will be in a good place. the single player alone is worth the asking price and MP hosted games are fine. Theres just a ton of automatch problems that need fixed and ofc other problems but they dont impact the game that much - unit upgrade bugs etc.

If u want to go chasing the ladder be prepared for a ton of bugs outside 1v1 but if u want 1v1 or want to host your own games shogun 2 is a damn fine game.