PDA

View Full Version : Steam Update causing problems?

Dionysus9
04-15-2011, 08:40
About 11:00 am Pacific I started having a lot of problems with Shogun 2 freezing in the game lobby whenever I pulled up Steam chat (for example to reply to a request for the password to the game I was hosting). Every time I hit SHIFT-TAB to enter steamchat, S2 would freeze. I restarted my computer and S2 several times but still had the same problem. Eventually I asked everyone to stop using steam to communicate and we were able to get a game off the ground. Toward the end of the game when the result was clear and we had all said "gg" I went back into steamchat and it worked just fine. Then after the game was over and we were headed back to the results screen, I was still in steamchat and as soon as the cherry-blossom loading screen came up, Steam and Shogun 2 both froze, again.

It seems there was a recent Steam update that is causing problems. I'll post over at the .com and see if they can nail down the problem.

CanCritter
04-15-2011, 08:52
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784745&page=21

Dionysus9
04-15-2011, 18:11
I hope that's all it was, but the problems lasted for a whole lot longer than 5 minutes and steam was working fine as long as I was anywhere except a game lobby and then it froze both Shoggy and Steam, repeatedly, for at least an hour. My post at the .com was immediately shunted to the "Installation Issues" forum. Grrr-- not a big fan of the .commie moderators. It seemed like the type of issue that would get fixed pretty fast as long as it was known about, and it doesnt seem like too many people are complaining about it, so I'm guessing its fixed. Thanks Critter.

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
04-15-2011, 19:09
seems like one of those glitches.You should wait for a couple of days,the game would work fine anyway.

Magyar Khan
04-20-2011, 12:32
I hope that's all it was, but the problems lasted for a whole lot longer than 5 minutes and steam was working fine as long as I was anywhere except a game lobby and then it froze both Shoggy and Steam, repeatedly, for at least an hour. My post at the .com was immediately shunted to the "Installation Issues" forum. Grrr-- not a big fan of the .commie moderators. It seemed like the type of issue that would get fixed pretty fast as long as it was known about, and it doesnt seem like too many people are complaining about it, so I'm guessing its fixed. Thanks Critter.

well the problem at posting at .com is that moderators may close your thread because of a rant or such or even saying the matter is solved in the patch..... and close the thread..... new complaining people start new threads and your original post is lost towards page 8 and beyond..... and miracelously people enter your thread saying that teh game is fine, dont have any problem and look forward to the next title in teh series lol

Kocmoc
04-20-2011, 14:43
I got myself tons of steam problems, if I look in my friendlist than this happens to many other player as well.

If you care for the ladder pray to god, that your not in a game at this moment, this way I managed to gain 5 losses.
Steam kick me out around 1-2 times a night during weeks and a lot more at weekends. To play at 20 GMT at weekend is waste of time as it is right now.
The question is, if that is only a steam problem or if thats also partial a CA problem.

To post at com is more or less pointless, I can understand the mods there, there is some hard bashing going on, almost every single tread is "negative".
Not that they dont deserve it, but if you saw the 20th tread about the same problem.... its getting tiresome.

I wish, CA would share more information.

Magyar Khan
04-20-2011, 17:09
not sharing relevant info with us is a big problem for me.... why cant they? tell me that they underestimated it and are working hard to correct 70% of the problems and i settle down......