PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else getting ridiculously uneven matches? Also general MP bugs/lameness.

Graphic
04-24-2011, 23:25
Sigh. Avatar conquest has so many problems.

Today I boot up the game, decide to play some multiplayer. First game I fight someone my level but he alt+F4s when he sees that almost all my units are samurai and not ashigaru like his. Ugh.

Next match bugs out on the recruitment screne. Of course since there's no back button, I have to alt+F4 myself now.

After staring at the Shogun 2 splash screen for 43 minutes (it seems like it sometimes), I end up in my next game: me as a 4 star with less than half the avatar campaign map discovered vs. a 9-star with bow warrior monks and naginata samurai.

Next game: fighting a 10-star with several VET 9 katana samurai, and two vet 4 Great Guard cavalry. And somehow the stupid army balance meter above the map interprets the battle to be in MY favor just with some yari samurai, katana samurai and a couple archers, a few vet 1 and 2 here and there. Just because I have a few more units than he.

I want to like avatar conquest so much but there is so much crap getting in the way of enjoyment. Here's hoping the may uber-patch fixes everything.

Graphic
04-25-2011, 03:27
I'm done. I can't play avatar conquest anymore until matchmaking gets addressed. I just spent literally the last couple hours trying to take one province on the avatar conquest campaign map. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. is vs. a 9-10 star spamming elite vetted units. And then the one time I got an even match the coward alt+F4s out about 10 seconds after starting the match.

CA have definitely tried my patience with the TW series in the past but I've never been more frustrated. Avatar conquest is a complete joke that's completely unfair to new players and those who don't spend every waking moment playing multiplayer.

I really wish The Org didn't have a no tolerance policy on swearing right now.....

chrisj
04-25-2011, 15:49
Try hosting a game, setting your own rules (no artillery, etc). If you do this during primetime hours you'll find someone within a minute.

Dionysus9
04-25-2011, 19:46
Rocinante, that works for a hosted battle but it does not give you clan influence, clan tokens, avatar experience, and it does not unlock any units or map regions. If you want to improve your avatar you have no choice but to play MM. Edit: APPARENTLY THIS IS INCORRECT

AMP
04-26-2011, 00:43
Yeah matchmode where one player is the host isn't the best way to handle it. You need dedicated servers and a system where it's not just grinding your way to the top. Your skill should go up when beating players with same skill or higher and with your win streaks based on the avg of the skill lvl of players you have beaten in your win streak. When you lose your skill should drop... Right now it's just grind grind grind and dealing with people that d/c all the time and the tons of dodges.

At 5k funds the low rank player probably will have the hardest time against a high melee general, where bow gen and leadership gen aren't as bad to deal with. Some of the low rank players complaining about getting matched vs high rank players is just because of the fact they don't know some of their skills like rally or spearwall, but more so just because most aren't very good and are just learning the game and not so much the vets... I've lost to a couple rank ones that were decent players where I didn't have the numbers to deal with them, but ofc I was using a bow gen at the time and not a melee general.

The more you play the better you'll get and the more vets you'll get, so in time it'll pass... You don't need high vets to beat a high ranked player, just make best of your numbers especially if you got missile advantage against a tiny army, just use rally and block with a couple of units while keeping the rest back and firing away with your missile units.

chrisj
04-26-2011, 05:09
Ah, but it does Dionysus. It doesn't give you clan influence, and perhaps not tokens (if i remember correctly you get tokens). It gives you experience, unlocks units and map regions as normal. I usually host 2v2s with friends and just use MM for 1v1.

Muzzle Flash
04-26-2011, 05:40
Ah, but it does Dionysus. It doesn't give you clan influence, and perhaps not tokens (if i remember correctly you get tokens). It gives you experience, unlocks units and map regions as normal. I usually host 2v2s with friends and just use MM for 1v1.

As Rocinante says, you do indeed gain exp/unlocks/map regions in normal hosted games in the battle list.

@OP My advice to you Graphic is to grab a few friends, set down some ground rules to make things fair (Friends wont have any problem not fielding any vets and will somewhat balance things), and get stuck in for an nice evening of total war ;)

After some nice games and some laughs with friends, you'll have about half the map opened (increasing the amount of unit types you have access to ofc) and will have begun to not only increase General rank, but begin to form your own veteran units and make future battles a little more fair.

Feel free to add me for some games when ive got some spare time if ya like, and ill field armies without R9 vets heh. Details are below if your interested.

Jack Dionne
04-26-2011, 14:51
Don’t be intimidated by rank of a player if it’s higher then you. I am at rank 9, the only reason I am that high if that’s the word you want to use it because I just keep playing. I have lost many games to lower ranking players.

I only win roughly 35% of my games. I lost like 160 I know for sure. I will take a screen shot and post it if you want.

I agree there are some dishonourable pieces of crap out there that play the game and no one is immune to it.

Dionysus9
04-26-2011, 18:26
Hmm, thanks for the correction guys-- I guess I'll check out some more hosted battles when I'm not grinding for influence points.

Graphic
04-26-2011, 21:53
Feel free to add me for some games when ive got some spare time if ya like, and ill field armies without R9 vets heh. Details are below if your interested.

Done. Hopefully we can get some good games in :-)

Shaka
05-02-2011, 15:45
Hello everyone,

(Watch the post below, plz. it sais, i cant post pictures or links in my 1st post. Had an account on this board long time ago, but i forgot the details and the email-adress isnt in use anymore anyway.)

Shaka
05-02-2011, 15:53
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040909939/screenshot/596935925110992368/?

I hope you can open that link. its a picture i made yesterday in a 1 vs 1 mp game. i m not sure wheter this bug has allready been reported. i didnt realize when i was picking the army. i had my standart army and while my opponent was picking his, i saw that i still got around 400$ left. my army should have left me only a few bucks tho. so i chose an other setup. everything was somehow weird, but i didnt really care. when i was deploying my army, guess how many units i counted. ;)

Gregoshi
05-02-2011, 22:13
Hi Shaka. Welcome back. If you remember your old account name, you can contact Sigurd, TinCow or therother and they may be able to re-activate the account for you.

Nigel
05-02-2011, 23:00
Is this Kenshi Shaka ?
Trying to teach me Schwizerduetsch?

In that case: Wellcome Back :clown:

East East Wild
05-03-2011, 06:49
Match Made games = Token farm. Only started playing after I figure out that I can make my veteran even more awesome if I have enough tokens.

If only they would just allow normal games to give you tokens if you win with a all clan mate in a team...

But despite of the really unequal Match Made match ups. I believe the level system is still very good in terms of game play wise, enjoyed every game from lv1 to lvl 10, a struggle of the weak to get stronger is an awesome proccess. Generally players should be allowed to have clan tokens in normal games with a clan mate instead of a silly unbalance match made game. (Thats why its call a farm, I grin everytime I did not meet a lvl 10 and the stupid ultra fund games, hate it in battle list too .)

This way, everyone can have a chance to make monsterous units like monks of any kind and banzai ashigaru load swords. (lol at the last one)

Shaka
05-04-2011, 12:12
Hi Shaka. Welcome back. If you remember your old account name, you can contact Sigurd, TinCow or therother and they may be able to re-activate the account for you.
Ok, thank you, i think i ll jus keep this one. I wasnt very active with my old account anyway.

In the meantime i had again such an army. I dont unterstand how the 21st unit smuggles itself into my army. If the reason is known that bug might perhaps be exploited.

And btw: Hi, Nigel ;)

Sartori
05-04-2011, 19:37
This is my first post on this forum, so first of all:

Hello everyone :)

About the imbalance in TW:S2. I agree, that there should be some balance mechanism introduced into the auto-matching system. First province gains were quite unhappy for me, as I was loosing games for quite some time. Luckily it seems that at the beginning winning isn't necessary to get the first unlocks, since I was able to conquer a province. At least as long as I wasn't defeated terribly.

I'm lvl 5 atm and I must admit, that my situation is far better than it was 3 days ago, when I bought the game. Two days ago I played quite lot, yet I wasn't able to win a single game (sob, sob). I tend to win games more often now (however I still have many more losses than wins), even against higher lvl players. I also see now that my main problem was that I didn't fully understand the need of balancing my army quality wise. By that I mean I can't go with either just "zerg alike" ashigaru army, or "protos alike" samurai-only army. Simple thing to discover, yet helped me a lot.

When it comes to vets, I don't really mind others having better vets than I do, since it means I most certainly have more troops in the field than he has. Knowing this I can cope with his quality advantage to at least some extent. If my enemy is overconfident he may risk his vets to boldly and enable me to tackle them with a faster unit and then overwhelm it with the low-quality units. Even if he deals me some losses, cash wise I get the better end of the bargain.

But yes, I do agree, that there should be some kind of lvl balance introduced, at least when it comes to beginners.