PDA

View Full Version : MP Map Preference Poll

TinCow
05-10-2011, 14:26
The choice of MP maps is certainly a matter of personal taste, but there are still some maps that majority seem to enjoy more than others. Please vote in this poll to help us get a feel for which maps you think are good for use in tournaments and other Org-sponsored MP events. If the number of players would impact your choices, please vote on the basis of 1v1. Please also vote for ALL of the maps that you think are acceptable for use, not just your single favorite map.

If you'd like to give more details about why certain maps are good or bad, or discuss the maps that are best for team play, please post a comment below. Many thanks!

:bow:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/kocmoc/mapsshogun2.jpg

Kocmoc
05-11-2011, 08:06
we should add the 4 new maps, they are really really good, exactly what we asked for. No blocks, all open.

To the maps above, there are about 4-6 maps max, which we actual can play at, the other are mostly heavily blocked with mountains or houses.

Sp00n
05-11-2011, 09:53
Currently voted on the old maps, of the new maps so far I've only played Aki and Sanrika Ria, I need more time to play them before I commit on them. I woulnt say Aki is a 1v1 map though as there are too many high hill points for 1v1 which will just result in camping, that said its an awesome 3v3/4v4 map reminds me of the first games maps.

Kocmoc
05-11-2011, 10:27
If it was me, i made only maps with:

1. no blocking at all
2. small hills
3. here and there woods, no wood islands, longer wood-areas
4. Id never combine woods and hills, there are already advances on sitting on a hill or in the wood, dont make that even stronger

Aki as example is a nice map, but as you pointed out already, the hills are a bit too heavy.

A perfect map would have some defensive points and more flat area. I dont ask for a 100% flat map, I ask for less hills and more access able hills.
Right now many hills are designed as a rush fest, you have to run for it, while I would like to see hills more as a defensive spot on a flank.

TinCow
05-11-2011, 11:58
we should add the 4 new maps, they are really really good, exactly what we asked for. No blocks, all open.

The new maps are all on the poll, they're at the bottom.

AMP
05-12-2011, 18:00
You have people that would make maps for free if there was a map editor, yet we have to praise them when they give us some maps when we could be making hundreds with a map editor?

Anyhow each round in tournaments it would be nice to have them played on a different map for each one, just my opinion anyway, for future tournaments that are held.

TinCow
05-17-2011, 11:54
Bumped

AMP
05-18-2011, 06:18
I'm not a picky person when it comes to maps and most I don't mind, maybe only two maps I may dislike and that's about it really. Tournaments should have a different map each round though, just like when I played WiC (world in conflict) always a different map each round against a new enemy.