PDA

View Full Version : [Resource]My_Mod Files for RTW 1.5 BI or Alex for further modding Enjoy (modfolder)

Finch
05-11-2011, 04:13
My_Mod Files for RTW 1.5 BI or Alex (for further modding Enjoyment)

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3294

Contains:

* Neutralised senate by Makanyane (RTW BI and Alex)

* Mundus Magnus map by NGR (Huge Map)

* Skymod by horsearcher

* Horses by Pinarius

* Darth Formations by Darth Vader

* M2TW for the ground textures and sea textures

* Night Battles available

* No more burning oil by Dol Goldor

The Rest is up to you Happy Modding

These files are primarily intended as a base for further modding or you want to play it just as it is.

The zip file contains a mod folder called my_mod which should be installed in the Rome - Total War directory. So in there you will have directories:

/data

/my_mod

etc....

Create a new desktop shortcut to your RTW, right click it and select 'properties' add a space and '-mod:my_mod'

after the last " in the target line (and preferably add -show_err as well) so line looks like:

"C:\activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:my_mod -show_err

or similar

For RTW play the imperial_campaign option

(Historical battles and rise_of_rome provincial campaigns etc. are not included)

If you already have a folder named my_mod please rename either this folder or yours and amend the shortcuts

to match!

NB: This has been tested on an installation of RTW 1.5 installed.

NOTES FOR PLAYER

Although these files are actually only really intended as a base for future modding,

the mod folder does make the SPQR faction fully playable and should resolve any bugs

normally encountered in attempting to play them by removing

all hard-coding associated with their original name.

All the Roman factions start in their normal positions and are allied, but the senate missions,

senate offices and restrictions on initiating civil war are removed.

If playing the other Roman factions you should find the SPQR are as aggressive as any normal faction.

The technical principal behind the modification is sound and is used in major released mods - the effect

on campaign development of making the roman factions operate as individual factions has not been play-tested however.

NOTES FOR MODDERS

The only alterations made to the vanilla files are to change the internal name of the SPQR faction from

'romans_senate' to 'slavs'. descr_strat.txt is also altered to remove superfaction lines and make 'slavs' playable.

This has the dual effect of removing any hard-coding normally associated with the senate faction and also gets rid of the greyed out senate tab and senate offices button for the other roman factions and allows the SPQR slot to be

used for a fully playable faction.

PERMISSIONS

Normal CA rules apply to their original content, otherwise the files are free to use as a base for further

modifications etc...

If files are re-posted elsewhere please also include the contents of this read-me.

have fun

makanyane

Made by Modders for Modders