PDA

View Full Version : STW2 As an ESPORT

Nobunaga
05-11-2011, 20:39
how much really is STW2 competitve?

Cu'Roi
05-12-2011, 01:31
it's competitive for those who play it.

but if you're asking, how well does this game lend itself to serious competitive play, like where money is on the line? the answer is the game is a joke. the game and steam both would need to be 3x as stable as they are now AND CA would have to buy dedicated, centralized servers to even begin this discussion.

CanCritter
05-12-2011, 03:16
wana race?

East East Wild
05-12-2011, 08:03
You mean like starcraft? I hope not.

I have played and talked with these "proffessional" gamers and their wannabes.

They talk like they are freaking awesome and try to teach you how to play the game the way they do it "nicely" in the most ar**wipe way.

If you hated how some "experts" here tell you how bad you are in MP, you might probably not want this new breed of "elites" to be a part of the gaming community.

Graphic
05-12-2011, 08:39
TBH it would be boring to watch.

"And player one's getting some nice kills with his bow warrior monks there"

*5 minutes later*

"OK he ran out of ammo, now"

RTKAbu
05-12-2011, 14:52
I never have problems to watch replays tbh, i saw the replays of azure and those brothers and quiet enjoyed it, especially those brothers are hilarious, really fun to watch replays with them commentating about the match :)

TinCow
05-12-2011, 15:00
I never have problems to watch replays tbh, i saw the replays of azure and those brothers and quiet enjoyed it, especially those brothers are hilarious, really fun to watch replays with them commentating about the match :)

I'm with Abu; I really love watching replays, particularly video replays which take the annoyance factor out of having to load up the game just to view them. Then again, I've watched MP replays of the games I play for most of my life. Started with videos of Thresh's matches back in Q1/2.

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
05-19-2011, 13:08
Shogun 2 is worth for what it is,tell me ,there's a whole load of foolish people who will destroy the game's rep.SP players can not be humbled...never will we.Thanks to the broken MP.The MP haters can now officaly destroy the game.

What?Its my own opinion.I can voice it out.If the MP players say that CA is corrupt,and crisitse them..surely I can do the same to them?

AMP
05-19-2011, 18:07
Considering the fact that 50% of the people or more that play/played MM try to cheat wins and losses goes to show it's all about hardcore competition and wanting to be on top. They do things like that for no reward for being on top and for bragging rights on a broken ladder.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these "elites" maybe I could learn something different from them. The more competition the better I say... especially in a game I really like.

I'll be an old man by the time something like this happens anyway I bet. We need dedicated servers and a ladder that makes sense to start with and that will take years...

TinCow
05-19-2011, 18:23
We need dedicated servers and a ladder that makes sense to start with and that will take years...

The utility we use for tournaments can also run ladders, and I have just integrated the Org account Steam profile information into the system to make it easy to contact opponents. If a group of players are interested in having a new ladder, I'll create one and host it here. What kind of rules/features do you guys need that the official TW ladder isn't giving you?

AMP
05-19-2011, 19:29
The utility we use for tournaments can also run ladders, and I have just integrated the Org account Steam profile information into the system to make it easy to contact opponents. If a group of players are interested in having a new ladder, I'll create one and host it here. What kind of rules/features do you guys need that the official TW ladder isn't giving you?

I wouldn't mind that, but I was trying to point out that the fact is you need those built into the game inorder to keep your customers happy. Happy buyers spread the word about the product and keep buying the product, pretty simple.

Cu'Roi
05-20-2011, 11:50
if you made a ladder, I know that I would sign up, and I suspect I have a couple friends who would do the same. what is really appealing about a ladder hosted here to me is that it has some staying power and won't be bombarded with advertisments. so far every attempted ladder has failed for one reason or another (volume of players, poor interface, but with the right promotion and professionalism, i have little doubt it would be a smashing success. gl if u go through with this, would be fun.

also i really hope king decides to go through with his possible 2 v 2 invitational tournament.... surprisingly nobody has done 2 v 2 yet and again I def know people interested