PDA

View Full Version : MP problem

Chimpyang
05-11-2011, 22:06
Played around with the latest patch, learning a bit about the new mechanics but I've already ran into a major problem regarding tactics:

How am I supposed to stop cav pushing through my INF and onto the units that the INF were supposed to protect. I've been mass cav flanked in the last few battles now, and nothing I put up as a screen/block works, the cav will always ghost through my unit, does increasing unit depth help at all?. I've even tried engaging with my own cav, but they will always manage to slip though and hit something precious. Is the only way to counter with a more than average cav army?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Kocmoc
05-11-2011, 22:16
Played around with the latest patch, learning a bit about the new mechanics but I've already ran into a major problem regarding tactics:

How am I supposed to stop cav pushing through my INF and onto the units that the INF were supposed to protect. I've been mass cav flanked in the last few battles now, and nothing I put up as a screen/block works, the cav will always ghost through my unit, does increasing unit depth help at all?. I've even tried engaging with my own cav, but they will always manage to slip though and hit something precious. Is the only way to counter with a more than average cav army?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
you put your infantry in at least 3 rows? You using spears?

Chimpyang
05-11-2011, 22:32
My INF is usually in 4 rows. My blocker units are always spear of some type, but it seems to ghost past any type of unit. Dealing with a Cav blob is def. more difficult, since increasing rows decreases rank size, giving options for flanking. I'll try doubling up with another unit, but I may have to resort to can't beat them, join them.

Kocmoc
05-11-2011, 22:38
My INF is usually in 4 rows. My blocker units are always spear of some type, but it seems to ghost past any type of unit. Dealing with a Cav blob is def. more difficult, since increasing rows decreases rank size, giving options for flanking. I'll try doubling up with another unit, but I may have to resort to can't beat them, join them.

well, if you have 4 rows, than cav should get blocked.
You have the spears walking/running, you gave them right click attack or walk "behind" the cav?

Chimpyang
05-11-2011, 23:53
I'll make sure it is and try it again. Thanks.

Kocmoc
05-12-2011, 00:14
From my experience. I block a cav with a spear as long the spear has 3 rows at least. If there comes many cav into one spot (actual those guys should be easy to kill), than I see it happen, that some cav push the spear back. But usually I cant see cavs running though my lines.

It also will help, if the spear is standing still and not moving, this needs maybe some timeing, but it helps a lot.

East East Wild
05-13-2011, 02:40
Cav charge has the ability to punch a hole thru a line of spear be it yari ashigaru in spear wall or the more reliable yari samurai. Veteran cav is even more capable of doing this with their crazy charge value. Best way to intercept this charges is with your own cav followed up by spears or to put the spear in the way and support with your cav, either way works. But you still have to move those precious archers/matchlocks away from the action asap as soon as you see them coming.