PDA

View Full Version : Clan questions

Ishmael
05-12-2011, 11:17
Hi folks, I just have a few questions about clans and their benefits/effects.

1. Clan tokens appear to be the major material benefit of joining a clan. Not being in a clan myself; how are these tokens earned? Do you simply get them for winning battles whilst in a clan, or is it based on the number of provinces your clan controls? Which leads onto my second question...

2. What effects does the size of the clan have? Is there a benefit to being in a huge clan with lots of provinces controlled over a smaller clan?

3. Finally, is there a totalwar.org clan about? I'm thinking of getting into multiplayer a bit more, clans seem nice, and I figure it'd be nice to stay local :yes:

Thanks guys!

Kocmoc
05-12-2011, 11:49
Hi folks, I just have a few questions about clans and their benefits/effects.

1. Clan tokens appear to be the major material benefit of joining a clan. Not being in a clan myself; how are these tokens earned? Do you simply get them for winning battles whilst in a clan, or is it based on the number of provinces your clan controls? Which leads onto my second question...

2. What effects does the size of the clan have? Is there a benefit to being in a huge clan with lots of provinces controlled over a smaller clan?

3. Finally, is there a totalwar.org clan about? I'm thinking of getting into multiplayer a bit more, clans seem nice, and I figure it'd be nice to stay local :yes:

Thanks guys!

1. Yes. You win one, you get one. You can just create your own steam-group and than join ingame this clan.

2. The size only matter, if you care for the clancampaign, else it has no effect.

3. yes. There is a totalwar.org steam group.

TinCow
05-12-2011, 11:55
3. yes. There is a totalwar.org steam group.

Are people actually using that as a clan? I thought it was just for communication/coordination/chat between Org members.

Kocmoc
05-12-2011, 11:58
Are people actually using that as a clan? I thought it was just for communication/coordination/chat between Org members.

You can use it as clan, nothing wrong with it. I dont know which kind of clan it is, but to get into a clan and get some tokens…. its actual working.

TinCow
05-12-2011, 12:20
You can use it as clan, nothing wrong with it. I dont know which kind of clan it is, but to get into a clan and get some tokens…. its actual working.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

However, I think Ishmael is looking for something a little bit more organized. That group may work as a clan, but I don't think it's being used as a tradition 'clan' by anyone. However, if any Org members do want to start a more organized clan effort, the Org will help you out however we can (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?134773-How-to-Get-a-Private-Forum-for-Your-Clan).

Who am i?
05-12-2011, 13:51
Hello.

.Org official clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/s2tworgclan

thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?133499-totalwar.org-Shogun-2-clan

TinCow
05-12-2011, 14:02
Hello.

.Org official clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/s2tworgclan

thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?133499-totalwar.org-Shogun-2-clan

Interesting. If that group would like to actually get a bit more organized, we could always provide you with a private forum.

Ishmael
05-12-2011, 22:30
Thanks for the quick response guys! I might just join the .Org clan - I'm not really competitive (as I'm not very good!), and it's more to get clan tokens than anything, so I don't mind if it isn't too formally organised.

t1master
05-12-2011, 22:35
not to be rocking the boat... does anyone use the clan forums here at the org? the only reason i ask is cause of the last time i remember clans using the org for forums and clan comps... terragate? :O)

AggonyKing
05-12-2011, 23:06
I use it for anyone that wants to talk to us :)

TinCow
05-12-2011, 23:54
not to be rocking the boat... does anyone use the clan forums here at the org? the only reason i ask is cause of the last time i remember clans using the org for forums and clan comps... terragate? :O)

The Org has changed a little bit since Terragate. I sincerely hope you are not judging us based on that event.

Ishmael
05-13-2011, 07:48
Okay, I've got to ask: what was Terragate? It sounds juicy :grin3:

Kocmoc
05-13-2011, 08:33

I strongly suggest to not revive this old issue again. It happened, now leave it.

TinCow
05-13-2011, 12:10

I was an incident in 2002 (I think, perhaps earlier) where an Org admin abused his powers. That admin was removed from staff afterwards. It was 9+ years ago and is totally irrelevant to the Org today, though it seems like some people still bring it up once or twice a year.

t1master
05-13-2011, 18:23
it was a pretty ugly time at the org iirc. the wild and heady days of total war, when everyone was at each others throats! i was just curious if there was any feed back along those lines.

Zarobien
05-17-2011, 19:07
Thanks for the quick response guys! I might just join the .Org clan - I'm not really competitive (as I'm not very good!), and it's more to get clan tokens than anything, so I don't mind if it isn't too formally organised.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?135361-Naughty-Ninja-Dolls
Steam group is "Naughty Ninja Dolls" or "NaNiD";
- Specialization is cavarly.

Its public so you can hop in and hop out as you wish. I only made it for shogun 2 total war tokens.

UglyJun
05-19-2011, 14:09
did some 1 say Ugly? hehe :)

Yesugey
05-29-2011, 12:52
Uhm, here is a noob question, how do we get a clan? Sorry for, its like while everyone talks about a detail, someone shows up and asks a dumb question. But I applied few clans and no one accepted me. I now see being in a clan is pretty profitable.

Ishmael
05-31-2011, 07:50
Uhm, here is a noob question, how do we get a clan? Sorry for, its like while everyone talks about a detail, someone shows up and asks a dumb question. But I applied few clans and no one accepted me. I now see being in a clan is pretty profitable.

I recommend just joining the .Org clan, it's open to everybody and you don't have to do anything - it's just there for clan tokens (at least I hope that's the case, because I've been antisocial and not really interacted within the clan :beam:). To join, open steam using shift + tab, click on game groups, and search for "totalwar.org." Then just click on the relevant link, and up the top right is the 'join clan' button. Once you're back into the avatar conquest menu, click on the clan tab and use the 'set group as my clan' button. Voila!

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
05-31-2011, 18:02
I am of the Takeda Clan

Yesugey
06-01-2011, 14:51
I recommend just joining the .Org clan, it's open to everybody and you don't have to do anything - it's just there for clan tokens (at least I hope that's the case, because I've been antisocial and not really interacted within the clan :beam:). To join, open steam using shift + tab, click on game groups, and search for "totalwar.org." Then just click on the relevant link, and up the top right is the 'join clan' button. Once you're back into the avatar conquest menu, click on the clan tab and use the 'set group as my clan' button. Voila!

Aaah, I already picked the totalwar.org clan but I didnt use "set group as my clan" button yet. Thanka mate :)

t1master
06-04-2011, 13:30
when i go to set my clan group, it gives me an option to pick the clans specialty, and says it cannot be undone. is that for the entire clan, or just my avatar in that clan? i ask cause it asks me the same question if i were to set the org group or even some groups i've been in, like the hunters. i know hunters are active in the clan scene, and probably already picked a specialty. i wouldn't want to mess up anything, or is this something not to be worried about?

Hunter KIng George
06-04-2011, 20:00
Hiya T1,

We picked Cav as our clan specialty...it should only ask to pick a one if you are joining a group that has not picked a specialty and/or probably has no members. If you return to the Hunters (hope you do) I dont believe you should have to pick a specialty. But with some of the bugs in this game you just never know...if so, try it lets see what happens.

Ishmael
06-04-2011, 22:45
Yes, the same thing happened to me the other day - for some reason the game keeps 'kicking me out' of the clan, and I have to re-click the 'set steam group as my clan' button pretty much every time I play. The other day when I was doing this, it asked me to set the clan speciality, however even if I did select one it wouldn't set the group as my clan - hopefully just a one-off bug, I suppose.