PDA

View Full Version : Ninjers and their Ninjutsu

Graphic
05-14-2011, 19:02
Anyone have success using them in match-made battles?

I got some vetted in custom battle with a friend, and they're powerful. Same melee as Katana Hero, higher defense. Just with lower morale and armor.

I can't seem to figure out the best way to use them. I try to hide them somewhere deep in the battlefield but I can never find the right time to strike.

Also I wish you could spend clan tokens to redistribute points for vet units. I wish I could take off blinding grenades (which blind the ninjer half the time too) so I could use the last three points for 2 morale boosts and armor.

P.S.

Title reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UReXL0iQ6xs

Graphic
05-16-2011, 17:22
No one's used ninja successfully?

AggonyKing
05-16-2011, 17:45
I never used them myself. I still see no point in bringing them, especially since I been able to deal with them easily on any games where my opponent brought some Ninjers.

Surely there's a good way of using them but I have yet to try :P

Graphic
05-17-2011, 04:34
Whenever I try to use them as a stealth surgical strike force I fail miserably. They just get rushed by cav.

I think they have great potential as a front line unit though.

I haven't tried it yet, so this is just theory craft, but I don't see why this wouldn't be effective:

It all lies in Blinding Grenades:

special_ability_penalty_blinding_grenade_accuracy -75
special_ability_penalty_blinding_grenade_melee_attack -10
special_ability_penalty_blinding_grenade_tracking_duration 8
special_ability_unary_blinding_grenade_amount_for_full_effect 0.5
special_ability_unary_blinding_grenade_min_amount_for_effect 0.1

The targeted use of this on a key unit could singlehandedly turn the tide of battle, especially throwing inspire and stand & fight into the mix.

The idea would be to have the ninja hidden within your front line, especially in the woods or something. When he eventually does get spotted it'd be less likely for your opponent to actually know what's been spotted because no obvious new dot would appear on the minimap, so they'd assume some cav unit or something else popped out of some woods off to the side momentarily. Even if they did spot him though it makes no difference, because they'd normally only spot him when rushing in for the melee.

On top of the blinding grenade effect used on a super vet melee unit, the Ninjer, when upgraded, also have insane melee stats. Mine right now have the same melee and higher defense than a unit of Katana Hero, only falling short on armor and morale (which at 13 is still very high).

So with Ninjer you potentially get a much cheaper Katana Hero that can severely damage a units stats and remain hidden until the last second. It even negates the Shinobi Informer. Ninjer could be the ultimate secret weapon.