PDA

View Full Version : Still playing?

edyzmedieval
05-19-2011, 19:15
Same question as on the ETW forum, given the lack of activity of the subforums when it comes to ETW and NTW.

To be honest with you, NTW has moved up to second place in my favourite TW game. I've been playing it like crazy lately, completing campaigns and trying out different tactics to use for multiplayer later on, and it's a great game. Downloading mod packs now to improve my enjoyment, and I find it a really solid game, much improved over ETW that can provide some good fun. Glad I bought the Imperial Edition package as well.

Racked up around 180 hours so far.

Still playing?

md1453
05-20-2011, 07:05
yes, too much perhaps! It is my favorite of the TW games at this point. And I've created a number of mods that keep me playing.

Den of Earth
05-20-2011, 07:17
NTW is by far my favorite TW game. I have over 1200 hours of play time ! Of course I am partial to the time period. I have about 35 hours play time on Shogun and I personnally think it's a slip backwards as far as playability. The AI of course is better but as far as having unique regiments, being able to occupy,defend and heal in outlaying buildings, place an army(corps) on a road to cut supply(money), I could go on. I quickly got bored with Shogun sieges. They all seem about the same, time after time. Maybe I just haven't played enough. I found myself disappointed and went back to NTW with renewed vigor.

edyzmedieval
05-21-2011, 23:54
NTW is by far my favorite TW game. I have over 1200 hours of play time ! Of course I am partial to the time period. I have about 35 hours play time on Shogun and I personnally think it's a slip backwards as far as playability. The AI of course is better but as far as having unique regiments, being able to occupy,defend and heal in outlaying buildings, place an army(corps) on a road to cut supply(money), I could go on. I quickly got bored with Shogun sieges. They all seem about the same, time after time. Maybe I just haven't played enough. I found myself disappointed and went back to NTW with renewed vigor.

Wow, 1200 hours, congratulations.

I love the epicness and variety of the NTW battles, plus I'm a military pomp freak so every time I see Dragoons and special regiments I love it. :grin2:

I believe I passed 200 hours by now, it's definitely a great game.

Fisherking
05-22-2011, 09:36
I have over 1500 on ETW and a bit over 1000 on NTW but it has been a few months since I played.

My gaming rig is on the fritz so I have played some less demanding games of late.

They are both fine games. It is just a shame they couldn’t retrofit NTWs changes into ETW. That would have made it one super game had it worked out.

edyzmedieval
05-26-2011, 00:24
Wow, that's quite a number of hours Fisherking.

Indeed about the NTW/ETW combination, but I think that it's better suited that way because Napoleon has a "tighter" campaign and a "tighter" interface, almost perfectly suited for the game.

guineawolf
03-03-2017, 15:07
Same question as on the ETW forum, given the lack of activity of the subforums when it comes to ETW and NTW.

To be honest with you, NTW has moved up to second place in my favourite TW game. I've been playing it like crazy lately, completing campaigns and trying out different tactics to use for multiplayer later on, and it's a great game. Downloading mod packs now to improve my enjoyment, and I find it a really solid game, much improved over ETW that can provide some good fun. Glad I bought the Imperial Edition package as well.

Still playing?

i oredi played NTW for 559 hours(and still not finish British,France,Austria and Spain campaign...),but there is 1 guy call blackbird played NTW more than 1000 hours.....

ConjurerDragon
12-14-2017, 17:50

Still playing?

I have just started playing Napoleon and I’m only 10 hours into the game according to the Steam display. I bought it late when it was cheaper to buy the game and the 11 DLC’s in Octobre 2015 and my old PC could only barely run it at the minimum settings - so I stopped playing in the middle of the tutorial campaign and set it aside for the other games on my shelf.

And now with a PC somewhat faster I can use the best settings (except for shadows and sky) and it runs fine and looks good.