PDA

View Full Version : What was the best game you had so far?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
05-26-2011, 14:40
What was the best MP game you ever had on S2TW?

Mine was aganist ELITEofBIZZARD. :balloon2:

00owl
05-27-2011, 05:29
Mine was a 4v4 that grew out of the shogun mp foyer steam group chat. It was on Numazawa and so the battle was split into two separate parts so I don't remember two of my allies, (and sadly I only remember the name of one of my opponents). Mind you I only don't remember who was who because we played so many games that day with mostly the same group.

Anyways I deployed on the far left wing and my ally Cu'Roi was next to me so we took the fight on the left side of the map. Originally Cu'Roi and I switched deployments right off the bat so I was more middle, standing next to the lake. Our two opponents came to the middle and then began switching to the other side of the lake with the intent of catching Cu'Roi and I offside so they could get a quick victory against our outnumbered allies. So I sent some cav to scare them into delaying. One enemy reformed on our side of the lake while my other opponent (AggonyKing I believe) continued across the river and formed up facing my allies flank.

I quickly crossed cav at the crossing that was closest to me and sent more cav to disrupt my other opponent's crossing maneuvers. Then began the most hectic and (lucky on my part) attack I've ever committed. Cu'roi sent some troops through the crossing that I crossed and around behind the other enemy. Him and I ended up attacking in almost perfectly timed waves of loan swords backed by archer fire. We were able to confuse our opponents plans to re-form and saved our allies flanks and ultimately won the battle.

There was a point in all that really stood out to me was directly after I sacrificed my cav to cause mayhem, I wasn't sure if I should push the attack or slow down and re-form. I decided to push what advantage I had and try to create as much chaos while my enemies were re-forming. I have to admit that my decision was influenced by the fact that I was definitely playing over my head (I'm really only average while most of the people I was playing was are great) and I knew that I would lose a straight up line by line fight against AggonyKing.

Anyways, good game to my opponents and it was lots of fun :).

I might post a replay here later, I saved it cause I was so proud of myself :P.

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
05-27-2011, 08:39
1 vs 1