PDA

View Full Version : Uber Noob question - How to "tab" units?

Yesugey
06-11-2011, 15:04
I was changing my units one by one by clicking the "tab" on old STW. What should I use now? I now use their icons as a noob and its sooo frustrating :inquisitive:

Miotsu
06-15-2011, 13:31
Yesugey, I'm assuming you mean grouping units while in battle or selecting them. If so, you can hold the ctrl + dble click to select all of the one type. You can also group by type as well. Select the type and once highlighted, press "g" and they'll group together.

One of many tips. There's a thread somewhere that shows several of these tips.

Yesugey
06-16-2011, 06:57
Yesugey, I'm assuming you mean grouping units while in battle or selecting them. If so, you can hold the ctrl + dble click to select all of the one type. You can also group by type as well. Select the type and once highlighted, press "g" and they'll group together.

One of many tips. There's a thread somewhere that shows several of these tips.

Hey friend, thanks for the answer, but its not what I mean. In STW, even grouped or ungrouped, if you hit the "tab" key you choose "next unit". In S2TW it doesnt work. How would I do that?
It was quite useful for me to send big armies to battle in few seconds, but now I choose the units from unit card one by one like a noob. :(

Miotsu
06-16-2011, 12:50
Ahh.... ok, then how about "ctrl A".... that'll select them all.!!

Yesugey
06-17-2011, 07:46
Hey mate, Nope, Its also irrelevant :(
Its like you press tab, you choose a no-dachi unit. Then you tab again, you select another unit, like ashigaru.. You can switch all your units one by one, It saves you to go to unit cards again and again.

It was my most favourite, life-saving hotkey.. Oh Shoei Buddha, What did I do to deserve this curse on me :((

Miotsu
06-17-2011, 12:00
We'll eventually get there Yesugey.!!

So let me get this straight... say, for example, you had yari calv selected... you'd press tab, and the next unit would be selected... then tab again... .the next unit... etc..etc.. ok, now, when you say "you select another unit" after you tabbed, would just the individual unit be selected or would the entire type of unit be selected.?

MommaB
06-17-2011, 12:07
Should be , and .

Yesugey
06-17-2011, 20:09
Should be , and .

Yeah, definitely must be these! Thanks MommaB, you saved my career! I was so frustrating see my men are just wait and watch the bloodiest seconds of the battle while im busy to pick them one by one.

And thanks for your effort too Mioutsu. Hope to pay you back you guy's help some day.