PDA

View Full Version : Game dead?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
06-21-2011, 13:55
Is the MP for this game dead?

00owl
06-21-2011, 14:26
Not if you join the Sengoku Jidai League! Or even the shogun 2 chat foyer steam group. But otherwise, MM is a stupid waste of time and good luck on the battle list, I've fought just as many spammers and droppers on the battle list as on MM.

RTKAbu
06-21-2011, 17:03
Well, as i dont like that league with admins who can judge as they like and no rules, i feel indeed a bit of tireness of the game. The only reasen i keep playing avatar is because i need tokens because CWB are changing rules again (the tokens really need a change, get 3 tokens for a win and 1 for a loss or something). Besides grinding for clan-tokens, and now and then training in CWB avatar rules, who are becoming more worse then ever everyday i look and play with those new rules, i got nothing else to play STW2 for (beside a very good enjoyable battle i get in mm every now and 50 games) as the ladders arent working, and the bugs arent fixed yet.

I also lost the oportunity to search for funny or intelligent threads on the .com forums as they were hacked. All in all, out of boredom i began learning Chinese until the games is fixed, thats enjoyable though, and rewarding also, i can say 'hello, you look beautifull' in mandarin chinese, which will help me to improve my live forever :)

Cu'Roi
06-21-2011, 23:22
with regard to your comments about CWB:

we're not changing rules again, we're changing them once at the start of round 2 to address changes in the game brought on by DLC; to make the rules simpler; to increase strategic options in pre-game; to reduce overall army sizes for manoeuvre and performance reasons; to head off any potential future spam's resulting from more DLC; and to reflect majority preferences both among admins and among participants.

I thought that I explained this to you very clearly over a 2.5 hour steam conversation, in which you failed to advance any rationale for why the rule changes cause a meaningful imbalance issue, which is the only concern that would merit discussion on further rule modifications.

I understand you do not like allowing monks. But short of a glaring imbalance issue, everyone has an opinion, and none take precedent over any other, as there is no "right" opinion. It's totally a matter of preference. In those cases I've always believed majority opinions were the best way to go all else equal (and all else is not equal, there are some good reasons beyond majority opinion that I explicitly re-listed for you in paragraph 1).

to be honest when the rules were written they were formatted poorly and that coupled with me not reading them closely enough is the reason all these superfluous and nit-picky rules were there to begin with. They give marginal benefits to balance, if any at all, for a dramatic increase in complexity. They never enjoyed a majority, and simply were not discussed ever, probably because nobody else noticed them in the rules either.

So unless you can say something reasonable, rational, and new to advance your point of view, please do not say anything at all, as i have already made an earnest effort in good faith to explain to you the reasoning. If you want to ignore it fine, but don't ask me to keep my patience with you as i go around in circles.

RTKAbu
06-22-2011, 10:23
Dude, this is a thread about if you think the game feels dead, my opinion about the CWB is only 1 sensentence, nothing more, nothing less, you could have pm's me this message aswell... not that i care.