PDA

View Full Version : MP Retirement

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
06-23-2011, 15:10
I am announcing my retirement from TotalWar.Org. I am also retiring from MP. I have become burnt out of over 7 years of near continuing playing on Mutliplayer, from Viking Invasion in 2004 right before I turned 12 until S2TW. I have played this game and been on many forums for years and only twice had I had any "real" breaks from TW and the last one only lasted 4 months and that was just from MP, but not the forums (.Org,etc...). I'll stay here on .Org to finishing up my Mafia game and finish up the 1 or 2 that I am in. You will see me back once in a awhile after that. Maybe if there is a mafia or IH Game I really REALLY want to do, you will see me come back solely for that, then disappear soon after it's over.

It was fun, but I'm tired. .Org isn't any fun for me, I am tired of being here, I am tired of some of the things that go on, I'm just simply burnt up, permanently.

It was nice being here, and I'm sure I won't be miss by a nice bunch, but I got other things to worry about then them. I'm sure another crazy nutjob will come along and take my place, but I'll doubt for 7 years and with the same exact mindset of me. :laugh4::laugh4::clown::clown:

I like to thank the IH players here for giving me a good time from 2007 on. I like to thank the late TosaInu for letting me come back to .Org in April of 2010, even though he didn't have to, and even though most people probably still hate me.

I like to thank those who helped me in some way stay as long as I did. Who else would leave a gaming forum just because he didn't win a stupid HOF picture? :laugh4:

I also like to thank certain people on MP for helping me and sticking by me. I like to personally thank Jochi Khan, Barocca, KaptenFolede (Aggony), Jun (Aggony), my whole ELITE FORCE clan, a few guys from the RTW clan SITH, which been around almost as long as me.

I also like to thank AggonyDuck for telling me things straight on certain occasions, destpile some disputes we had in the early years. :laugh4:

I'm just tired of MP and all the policital crap that goes on. I don't think how winning 5 little CWB pictures makes you a god? (No offense to the GW's, but just saying....). I figure in RL no one cares I am Warman... No one cares Ducky is Ducky, no one cares if Magyar is Magyar Khan, no one cares if JerchioPrime is JerchioPrime... A game is exactly that, a game. I always played for fun. Did/Does it bother me I am not a CWB/CWC Champ? You damn right it does. But you think I am happy being a 8 time BHC World Heavyweight Champion? Again, you damn way I am.

I have had fun in my career, and if you don't like it, well then, there goes the neighborhood.

So I'm done talking. I won't name names of people I want to thank expect the ones I named above, to long, and I'm not in the business of offending people, expect in the FPS games where I regularly kill people with ease. :pimp:

I will always wear the ELITE tag with pride since I will always have the utmost loyalty towards them.

I shall see you all again. And Remember, Cashews and Milk are good for you and The Hungarian Swissland Hussars are watching you and....

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gregoshi
06-23-2011, 15:40
Burn out happens Warman. If you remember to stick with the fun, then the rest of the "serious" stuff doesn't matter. Find the fun in whatever you do. Take care (and I'm sure we will see you around here again. :laugh4:)

06-23-2011, 15:43
Yeah, I'll take 2 months away from MP then I be rushing back "I NEED MY TW MPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP". :laugh4:

Andres
06-23-2011, 15:52
I'm pretty sure (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?128590-Goodbye-all) that you won't retire (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?108410-My-Retirement)... :wink:
(https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?108410-My-Retirement)

RTKAbu
06-23-2011, 16:03
Warman, despite what you think, many will miss you. If you are burned out of the TW game itself, i cant say i disagree with you, this game is stuck in the past, especially the tournaments who plays with it.

About the .org or the members, and the 'things' which are going on in the community, dont take everything so serious. In my piont of view only a few people in this community understand this is only a game and understand that if people say hard things to you , they dont mean it hard or personal, as the fact is nobody know eachother. For example, I prefer hard discussions all the time, but when i disagree with someone, i dont hate or love him, i can play games with him or her and have conversations about game of thrones immidietly after i completedly took down all his arguments on a tw matter for example, this is a gameforum, we are only bounded by the fact we play the same game, many people here hardly know eachother in RL, i am even sure only a handfull know eachother in RL.

You should understand Warman, there are no politics in this community, there are simply no real importent things for politics, everything you see as 'things' are for me just something people do because they have time left( in my case because i have the luxary to have small breaks from work after writing 45 minutes which i spend browsing funny movies, making calls, and make and read forum posts and sometimes), i for example want that tw competitions becomes more serious in a competative way, but if it wont work out, well, idc, its a game, it not that importent anyway. Everything we discuss or talk about here isnt importent in comparison to our RL's.

There simply are no people who hate or love you (not even Barret although you maybe think he does), such thing just dont exist, if you think it exist, then you are at the step that you taking things a bit to serious and this break isnt bad. In my opinion, you took and take everything a bit to serious, and for me you were always a person who was very funny, or just spammed forums and threads (like you still did on the .com forums), but who cares, its a gameforum. Such persons arent bad to have, like that mojoman in the past who claimed he was dead and after 1 year suddenly came back, you cant be mad at him, just smile and welcome him back, even if he did die, how many persons on the forums would have really know him in RL, at max 2-3, proably even less. Saying rip is only a formality in most cases, i was more shocked by the death of MJ (because his music rocked)then that of my Grandfather i never knew.... If you dont know someone for real, its hard to judge, so i just never judge people, and when i say i did or do, i arent serious ;-)

Anyway, gl in youre live, and who knows what the future will bring :-)

Gregoshi
06-23-2011, 16:08
I'm pretty sure (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?128590-Goodbye-all) that you won't retire (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?108410-My-Retirement)... :wink:
(https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?108410-My-Retirement)
:laugh4: Second verse, same as the first.

This is like the Hotel California - "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Nigel
06-23-2011, 17:16
Ahh, yes, I can understand how you feel burned out, if you have been playing for 7 years straight.
I myself took a long break from TW between Rome and Napoleon - it helped a lot in keeping me interested. So who knows, we may yet hope to wellcome you back for Shogun 3. :clown:

Be it how it may be, I enjoyed the few battles we had together.
Did you know that I gave one of my veteran spear samurai units the name "Cashew Eater" :grin:
They did well agains your cavalery, but, well, your team won the battle, nontheless.

In any case, take good care of yourself and enjoy your RL - that is much more important than anything that happens here on these forums.

06-23-2011, 17:27
Ahh, yes, I can understand how you feel burned out, if you have been playing for 7 years straight.
I myself took a long break from TW between Rome and Napoleon - it helped a lot in keeping me interested. So who knows, we may yet hope to wellcome you back for Shogun 3. :clown:

Be it how it may be, I enjoyed the few battles we had together.
Did you know that I gave one of my veteran spear samurai units the name "Cashew Eater" :grin:
They did well agains your cavalery, but, well, your team won the battle, nontheless.

In any case, take good care of yourself and enjoy your RL - that is much more important than anything that happens here on these forums.

You are always one of my favorite players Mr.Nigel. :yes:

No, I didn't know you gave one of your units that name! I was in the battle with that unit? I don't remember that :laugh4:. You happen to have the replay of it?

Yeah, maybe in 6 months or whenever I might feel like coming back. I'm just burnt out and feel myself be more aggressive (:laugh4:) then usual with the fellow nuts around here so I figure, it's still fun for me but I need a break of sorts.

Jochi Khan
06-23-2011, 22:55
Hi Warman

We have had good times together in battles and chats etc.

As I have said to you Remember, it is only a game
I have been playing TW MP non stop since 2002. STW through to TWS2. (and a lot older in years than you heh)

As for forum discussions, again, don't take things seriously.

I read a post/topic and if I think it warrants a reply from me, I post a reply.
Other than that I just go to the next item for reading.

I will wait for your return in the near future. :yes:

Cu'Roi
06-24-2011, 01:52
you can always come out of retirement whenever you want to. especially when the economy takes a turn for the worse ;)

...millions of americans have already done that in the past 3-4 years.

06-24-2011, 17:22
you can always come out of retirement whenever you want to. especially when the economy takes a turn for the worse ;)

...millions of americans have already done that in the past 3-4 years.

Good one :laugh:.

Hi Warman

We have had good times together in battles and chats etc.

As I have said to you Remember, it is only a game
I have been playing TW MP non stop since 2002. STW through to TWS2. (and a lot older in years than you heh)

As for forum discussions, again, don't take things seriously.

I read a post/topic and if I think it warrants a reply from me, I post a reply.
Other than that I just go to the next item for reading.

I will wait for your return in the near future. :yes:

Oh, I'm sure you see me soon :laugh:.

Hunter KIng George
06-25-2011, 17:27
Warman ur such a drama queen...anything for attention. :D

You will be back...you retire about every 2 years. Let's just say you are taking a break...it is not goodbye, it's cya laters.

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
06-25-2011, 18:15
A shame,not good.

gollum
06-25-2011, 19:40
Was getting kind of alarmed... its been a while since this happened...good to know that everything is as its meant to be :)

See you (soon) Warman ;)

06-27-2011, 20:53
Was getting kind of alarmed... its been a while since this happened...good to know that everything is as its meant to be :)

See you (soon) Warman ;)

:bow:

Warman ur such a drama queen...anything for attention. :D

You will be back...you retire about every 2 years. Let's just say you are taking a break...it is not goodbye, it's cya laters.

Who can resist that Logic Mr.Fasle King George? :laugh4:

:clown::bow:

CanCritter
06-28-2011, 02:55
finallly......we storm the cashew factory at dawn......

06-28-2011, 14:24
How about the milk to? And remember, the workers there are former Hussars in the Swissland Service, so they still have their sabres,pistols and horses..... :clown::creep:

Nigel
06-29-2011, 21:37
No, I didn't know you gave one of your units that name! I was in the battle with that unit? I don't remember that :laugh4:. You happen to have the replay of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3U0T8taLAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3U0T8taLAo

Here is a YouTube video I made of it.
I also have the replay, but it is pre-patch 2, so it may not replay correctly when you view it. I can send it to you anyway, if you PM me your email address or I figure out how to upload it.

The video is my first ever TW battle video I made. So please dont be too harsh on criticizing the quality of it. I am still learning how to get a good balance between resolution and file size. Also adding annotations is something I am just starting to figure out.

But you will see the Yari Samurai unit, that earned themselves veterancy and the name of Cashew Eater at 6:11. They did a really good job against your cavalry and protected my flank for most of the battle. In the end your team still won (and deserved it).

GG :smile:

06-29-2011, 22:43
I am very honored of this Nigel. This is sooo cool!!! Mr.Peanut is proud of you!!

:clown: :pimp:

AggonyKing
07-02-2011, 14:21
retiring? no such thing. You still owe me a match since ntw, so you can't retire until then ;)

UglyElmo2
07-04-2011, 04:50
Retired isn't so bad. I have been retired for several years, but I still play the game every so often, and socialize on the forums. I'm rather enjoying my dotage. :)

I will keep a rocking chair free for ya on the front porch of the retirement home Warman. hehe

07-05-2011, 15:06
retiring? no such thing. You still owe me a match since ntw, so you can't retire until then ;)

Then stop avoiding my then!! :laugh4:

Retired isn't so bad. I have been retired for several years, but I still play the game every so often, and socialize on the forums. I'm rather enjoying my dotage. :)

I will keep a rocking chair free for ya on the front porch of the retirement home Warman. hehe

I'll come and join you then Elmo, and I'll bring some Cashews and Milk along for the both of us! :laugh4::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Major Robert Dump
07-07-2011, 08:19
Don't sweat the small stuff. Getting wrapped around the axle over "stuff" seems pointless when one realizes there are places where kids drink out of puddles and pregnancy is a death sentence.

07-08-2011, 20:00
Agreed :yes:.

AggonyReborn
07-09-2011, 23:21
I thought you were in retirement warman? your frequent posts speak otherwise. just say you dont like the game much and we will understand :dizzy2:

07-11-2011, 14:56
Reborn, You call this frequent, you haven't seen how frequent I can be. :laugh4:

I guess you do have a good point MRD.