PDA

View Full Version : frogbeastegg's guide to TW:S2 : release date!

Tomisama
06-25-2011, 20:14
If all goes well, her long expected guide will be published at the .Org on June 17th, 2011!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/content.php?210-frogbeastegg-s-guide-to-TW-S2-release-date!

Any updates on this?

Thanks!

Andres
06-25-2011, 21:22
Hey Tomisama.

Unfortunately, frogbeasteggs' desktop's motherboard failed some time ago and she was forced to build an entirely new machine. This has set her back a bit so her guide has been delayed.

:bow:

xploring
06-26-2011, 03:29
Thanks for the update. A few people at TWC wondered about this too.

frogbeastegg
06-26-2011, 11:53
Yes, as Andres said, my desktop failed and I had to build a new one. I lost quite a bit of time due to that. Pain in the behind, but that PC had served me well for over 4 years with only a single RAM upgrade so I guess I can't complain.

I am on the final stretch now, only a few chapters left to write and send to my proof readers. Two of those chapters are massive, the biggest in the guide and packed with pictures to illustrate. I'm halfway done with one, and the other is sketched out. I've taken advantage of my new video card to re-do some of the screenshots as well. The difference between low and ultra settings is very large!

Sorry about the delay. Hopefully it shouldn't be that much longer.

Tomisama
06-26-2011, 13:30
Sorry about the delay. Hopefully it shouldn't be that much longer.

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties.

We are always truly honored to receive the results of your hard work, and a little more patience on our part is nothing to ask.

Always in your debt, in great appreciation :bow:

UglyElmo2
07-04-2011, 05:11
We still love ya Froggie. :)

frogbeastegg
07-04-2011, 10:05

You can now see a status report on the guide in my signature. I will update it each time I send a chapter for proof reading, or edit a chapter into final form after proof reading. The unit chapter is the one currently in proof reading. At 22 pages in manuscript form in MS Word (i.e. no images, just text) it's a bit of a monster. Agents and battlefield are the two chapters left to write.

Nigel
07-04-2011, 20:44
22 pages in manuscript form in MS Word (i.e. no images, just text)

Have you started negotiations with a publisher for a hard cover paper copy, yet? :clown:

spicykorean
07-04-2011, 20:51
Brady Games might get pissed off. ;)

frogbeastegg
07-06-2011, 09:04
I suppose I could set up a donation thingy. "If you liked this guide please help me pay for the bare essentials of life. Every donation will be spent entirely on critical survival items, without which I cannot survive. Frogs need books more than they need food and my wishlist is currently over 100 books long! I gave you something to read, now return the gift." :laugh4:

Uh, probably fairer to say my wishlist is closer to 200 books right now ...

frogbeastegg
08-08-2011, 21:38
The guide will definitely be released on Monday 15th August. All that remains are some finishing touches and final proof reading. Unfortunately, due to various real-life issues the time I have available to work on it has become very short, with the result that some planned chapters have been cut and others implemented in a reduced form. It was either that or drag out the wait even longer with the serious risk that I would never manage to complete it. At 12 chapters and nearly 100 pages long the guide still manages to cover most of the game, and should provide plenty of useful material for players.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-08-2011, 21:39
You should do a MP one Frog!

frogbeastegg
08-09-2011, 13:58
I don't play MP. Fighting random strangers isn't my cup of tea. ~:)

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-09-2011, 14:27
Oh come on, that's where all the real people play at :laugh:!!

Darren_Shan
08-10-2011, 07:34
ive known some of my clan mates for 5 years :)

frogbeastegg
08-14-2011, 15:06
Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?137395-Frogbeastegg-s-Guide-to-Total-War-Shogun-II) is finally available. Apologies for the long delay, and I hope you find reading it worthwhile.

AggonyKing
08-14-2011, 19:13
^_^ finally

Nigel
08-14-2011, 20:43
Excellente news.

Bookmarked it.
Will read it, then read it again, then go back to it fro reference again and again... :clown: