PDA

View Full Version : S2 on steam not loading

Proteus
07-03-2011, 16:00
it says " prepare to launch then nothing happens..." started since Friday with he new update, i check the cash file and defragment still not working , i reinstall and still some problem , i have hear also other players encounter that problem .Seems CA screw up on this update.

Tomisama
07-03-2011, 21:28
Had same problem, and went through everything (delete, verify, defrag), and nothing worked.

Finaly because there was nothing else, selected "create desktop shortcut", and everything worked again.

Good Luck!

Proteus
07-03-2011, 21:49
Man i just reinstalling the game for 2nd time, 8 more ours to eat :(. Ill try to do that right after is done.
fingers crossed.

Jochi Khan
07-03-2011, 23:53
58.1MB update downloaded Friday and I have not had any problems starting or playing the game.

After reading this post checked again tonight and the game loaded OK with no problems.

Proteus
07-04-2011, 15:19
this is happening when after installation during launching the game click cancel java, it erase the installers , when was loading i show those C++ loading that i never see it before and i hit cancel and got screw .

(from steam support)
instructions.
Secondary Installers
Many Steam games include installers for features and services required by the game. These include installers for DirectX, PhysX, Games for Windows Live, C++ components, or Windows updates required by the game.
Steam is designed to run these installers when the game is first launched. If an installer is canceled by a user or prevented from running by another application on your system, the game may not launch correctly. If this occurs, these installers will need to be launched manually.
These installers are found in the game's installation folder, or a subfolder, found in the following location by default:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\<game_name>\
Note: Your installation path may differ from the above location.
now whow the hell ill find what is missing manually

Miotsu
07-04-2011, 15:35
I had the exact same issue. It had to do with the "exceptions included" option in my AVG antivirus software. Go to your "Web something" icon in the main menu, go to advanced, then excludion list and there you should see the "STW2.exe" executable in the exclusion list... now, because your game doesnt launch, it probably isn't there. You have the option to search for this file "ex.. C drive, Program files.. etc..etc..etc.. steam, Shogun 2 and then you should see the STW 2.exe file, add that to your exclusion list and voila.. you should be able to start.!

Tomisama
07-04-2011, 16:42
May have to reinstall both of these.

Not sure which is required, but I have both.

Visual Studio 2005 Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242)

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14431

Visual Studio 2008 Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=10986

Proteus
07-04-2011, 17:01
web something on my Norton security? i do tn see any option on exclusions

Miotsu
07-04-2011, 17:07
AVG.... if you have Norton.. I don't know where the exclusion option is for Norton... sorry

If you visit the Steam website, in the forums, you'll see the topics. They'll have a more clear explanation there for your problem.

web something on my Norton security? i do tn see any option on exclusions

Proteus
07-04-2011, 18:32
I am done that maybe be my exit form the game nothing is working

Tomisama
07-04-2011, 20:14
Reminds me, I had removed Norton for another reason several days earlier.

And once all problems were resolved, I reinstalled it.

Did not think that had anything to do with the S2 problems recovery.

But it may have.

And worth a try before quiting.

Did you reinstall the C++ Redistributables above?

Edit: Also you might want to remove any mods.

The Free Camera routine was crippling my keyboard camera commands until I got rid of it.

That was part of my first problem last week, and the reason I removed Norton.

Sorry this is all coming back in pieces, but I am kind of old with CRS disease (Can’t Remember Stuff).