PDA

View Full Version : New to Multiplayer

waynenh57
07-05-2011, 18:53
I have just started getting into mp and have a question.
In the avatar campaign when I hit the match button I'm allowed only a small force so far.
How can you increase this without hosting?
I'm currently at 2 star.
Also I keep getting matched with higher star players than myself. So far the highest I have been matched
with is 8 against my 2 star. I this normal?
Thanks for your help.

Waynenh57

Nigel
07-05-2011, 19:12
Wellcome to the Org, Waynenh57,

In the Avatar Campaign you do start of with a small army for 5k only. The money (=army size) increases as you increase in rank.
I am a 4 star general now and have 10k available to build my army (it changed when I got my 3rd star). After that you will have 14k which should be enough to field a full army of a good mixture between regular troops and veterans. Not sure at which star level that happens, though.

Getting matched against higher players unfortunately happens a lot. This is, in my opinion, a weaknes of the Match Making battles. Other people argue that your generals bodyguard cost more as you increase in rank. Thus you have less money available for the rest of your army and this makes it fair again.

Either way, you can always play battles from the battle list, not Match Maker, and this also allows you to get EXP and unlock new units. There you can specify in the title of the game, for example: max 3 stars, or something like that.

Hope you will enjoy your games and your stay here at the org.
Nigel

waynenh57
07-05-2011, 19:42
Thanks Nigel!

Miotsu
07-05-2011, 19:50
What Nigel said... :-P