PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game C9++ - Johhog's first game?

Johhog
08-11-2011, 12:24
Any interest in this? I intend to run a larger game in the future, (I'm thinking of a Harry Potter theme right now) but a C9++ would be a good game to get my first modding experience on this site. C9++ is fun to play, easy to mod and is in short a very interesting set-up. IIRC it's also the semi-open set-up with the most possibilities of final set-up. If you don't know what the C9++ set-up is, click me (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B).

I also intend for the game to have some special rules, most notably 3 day deadlines instead of 1 day to promote scumhunting (can shorten it to 2 days if you want to) and you will not be allowed to talk after your death. These rules however, to give it a more unique twist, can of course be removed if there's huge opposition towards them. I'm from Mafiascum, a website fully dedicated to Mafia, so despite my few posts I'm not new to Mafia.

The queue now is huge, but if I get interest in this I'm sure I can get a spot in October latest. So... anyone wanting to play this? I have a ruleset and everything, I'm basically ready for this whenever a spot gets open.

Diamondeye
08-11-2011, 13:42
This sounds like a really great format, I'd definitely play it.

Askthepizzaguy
08-11-2011, 23:37
I'm willing to join games by enthusiastic new hosts. Count me in.

Johhog
08-11-2011, 23:42
Nice! I just spent three hours finishing the rules and the role PM's, so I'm ready in a couple of months when a spot gets open. Yeah, I had too much time tonight. :2thumbsup:

Also, Diamond and ATPG, how do you roll on this site? Shall I consider your interest as pre-ins that you just need to confirm when the game is up or shall I consider it as interest and that you might want to check the game out later?

B-Wing
08-12-2011, 01:37
Interesting. I like it.

Zack
08-12-2011, 03:41
I also intend for the game to have some special rules, most notably 3 day deadlines instead of 1 day to promote scumhunting (can shorten it to 2 days if you want to) and you will not be allowed to talk after your death.
72 hour Days aren't allowed, IIRC.

Johhog
08-12-2011, 09:34
Ouch, that makes it harder. 48 hour days then I guess.

Johhog
08-12-2011, 11:11
ATPG just sent me a PM that 48 hours is the maximum. 48 hours it is then, I want to try out if a game on this site works with longer deadlines than your standard.

EDIT: Sorry, I just got told how much you loathe doubleposters. Will try to learn, but I come from other forums with a looser policy on doubleposts. Mods, feel free to delete my doubleposts.

TheLastDays
08-12-2011, 13:16
I think 48 hours will be interesting but do you plan for 48 hours night phases too or jus the days?

Also we loathe double posters? Why did no one ever tell me?

TheLastDays
08-12-2011, 13:16
I think 48 hours will be interesting but do you plan for 48 hours night phases too or jus the days?

Also we loathe double posters? Why did no one ever tell me?

EDIT: I swear this was not on purpose...

Johhog
08-12-2011, 13:32
Oh the irony.

Nah, only the Day phase will be 48 hours, the Night phase will only be 24 hours.

As there seems to be decent interest in this game I went ahead and reserved the next open Small Game spot. If I read the queue correctly this game will start by late September.

Zack
08-12-2011, 16:00
Johhog, the culture here is different from mafiascum. 72 hour days aren't allowed here because they don't work here (and 48 hour days barely do at this site). The culture here is such that a 72 hour day would result in large amounts of time where literally nothing is posted.

In short, 72 hour days work as well here as 24 hour days do at mafiascum.

Oh, and I'd definitely play in this, it looks interesting.

No ghost-talking makes me sad, though.

EDIT: This post looks like a pyramid.

Is that the right word?

Pyramid, I mean?

I'm not so sure.

It's more like

upside-down

stairs.

heh.

Johhog
08-12-2011, 16:22
Yeah I see. But I'd like to test out this ruleset, very MS inspired apart from the 48 hour deadlines, before I go ahead and run a larger game. Y'know, I wanna test it and then compare it to a game with the usual .org rules.

Zack
08-12-2011, 17:17
I looked at that link, and although there might be a few things I would personally change, I think it's a very interesting setup.

Johhog
08-12-2011, 17:52
Like what? If I find anything wrong with the set-up I can sure change it.

B-Wing
08-13-2011, 01:57
Needs more Joker roles. :laugh4:

Johhog
08-13-2011, 11:33
Like what roles?

johnhughthom
08-13-2011, 16:33
Ignore him.

Diamondeye
08-13-2011, 18:45
Johhog, it's your decision if you wish to "promise" spots to those expressing interest or not. I would be glad to play when this gets around to starting, but if you want to keep it "fair" and not begin signups until the game thread itself is posted, it's your call.

Johhog
08-13-2011, 23:23
OK, after some thinking I decided that I will send a PM one day before the game starts the sign-ups reminding those that expressed interest of the game so they don't forget it. Everyone will have to sign up when the sign-up starts however.

Zack
08-15-2011, 01:17
Like what? If I find anything wrong with the set-up I can sure change it.
I would run it at 24 hours per phase and allow talking after death, but that's really just personal preference. Feel free to do whatever you want.

B-Wing
08-15-2011, 05:00
I actually like the idea of no talking after death. Seems more realistic that way.

Also, as I recently learned, a joker role is a player whose victory condition is to get lynched. And I was joking about that suggestion.

Johhog
08-15-2011, 10:22
I would run it at 24 hours per phase and allow talking after death, but that's really just personal preference. Feel free to do whatever you want.
Oh. Well, half of the goal of this game specifically is to test some new rules, so I'm afraid not this game.

I actually like the idea of no talking after death. Seems more realistic that way.

Also, as I recently learned, a joker role is a player whose victory condition is to get lynched. And I was joking about that suggestion.
Oh, what's normally called a "jester" or a "fool"? I'm glad that you were joking. ;)

Johhog
08-31-2011, 08:47
UPDATE: This game will be the probably first game to test out the new set-up as proposed in this thread (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18429). Notable changes include Day Start instead of Night Start and that Innocent Children always get confirmed D1 instead of choosing when they get confirmed.