PDA

View Full Version : When will you get Fall of the Samurai?

frogbeastegg
02-25-2012, 16:04
I'm curious about when people intend to pick up FotS. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in it and a good feeling of optimism about the gameplay.

edyzmedieval
02-25-2012, 17:01
Even though I am not much of a fan of the period, I am quite excited about the game so I pre-ordered.

easytarget
02-25-2012, 22:09
While I realize there's been a fair amount of static about pre-ordering vis a vis which clans you get as a bonus, I'm still a bit surprised that among all your voting choices one of them isn't pre-order?

As much moaning and groaning as I've personally done on the forums about this very topic, I still plan to pre-order it, I'm just waiting to see if SEGA/CA get their act together and announce you can pick up the retail version somewhere other than UK (i.e. US).

Graphic
02-26-2012, 05:03
I'll be pre-ordering very soon.

Zim
02-26-2012, 07:04
Probably within a few months, mostly for money reasons.

Sp4
02-26-2012, 10:13
Not really interested in this atm. Gonna get ME3 and play that for a while I guess. Might buy FotS if it ever goes on a weekend sale but not really sure atm. A lot of the trailers and especially the campaign map have really put me off.

frogbeastegg
02-26-2012, 14:52
While I realize there's been a fair amount of static about pre-ordering vis a vis which clans you get as a bonus, I'm still a bit surprised that among all your voting choices one of them isn't pre-order?
If you pre-order the game you will have it on release day. I suppose I should have included both in the label. :bow:

Fagar
02-26-2012, 22:04
I will most likely wait a few months..
Not because I am not looking forward to it immensely, more because I still have a lot I want to do and accomplish with S2 and I have not even downloaded ROS and all its goodness yet ;-)

Veho Nex
02-27-2012, 03:07
Ive already pre ordered

Peasant Phill
02-27-2012, 11:15
I've pre-ordered it but it'l take a few days before it gets here.

I'm very excited after watching the video's. The railroads and torpedo ships get me all giddy.

Andres
02-27-2012, 11:15
At first, I wasn't interested at all, but the vids that were released make it tempting.

RL doesn't allow me to have much gaming time though, so I'm a bit undecided. If I would have more time, I'd probably buy at release, now I'm perhaps going to wait; so maybe within a few months and definitely when it goes on sale.

feelotraveller
02-27-2012, 15:39
Not interested at the moment. May change to, when it goes on 'big' sale, but only if it turns out to be a massive success.

Probably one I will permanently avoid.

The era does not capture my imagination.

I am also not impressed with ongoing marketing tactics.

andrewt
02-27-2012, 20:02
I saw the bonuses leak out and the most interesting faction to me is Saga, which is the limited edition pre-order bonus. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the limited edition on sale here in the US anywhere so I'm waiting for now. I'm going to pre-order at the last minute if I don't see it anywhere.

A Nerd
02-27-2012, 20:27
I must say what I have heard about it does seem tempting, but I don't like firearm eras. I will probably wait.

Claudius the God
02-27-2012, 23:27
the retail price in Australia for the limited edition compared to other editions available gives the impression of the customers being financially sodomized. I still want the retail edition with the installation disc, but I may wait until I see it cheaper and get all 3 DLC factions later on.

EDIT: I just double checked and it looks like the Steam version has gone up in price from $29.99 USD to $49.99 USD.
So it looks like the SEGA version (with only the Obama DLC for pre-orders) is the cheapest at $29.99

Forward Observer
02-28-2012, 00:37
I saw the bonuses leak out and the most interesting faction to me is Saga, which is the limited edition pre-order bonus. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the limited edition on sale here in the US anywhere so I'm waiting for now. I'm going to pre-order at the last minute if I don't see it anywhere.

Same here. It's not so much about the Saga clan in particular, but the fact that I prefer to continue to buy a hard copy edition if I can.

I have ordered all the Warscape TW games on hard disk through Amazon.com. I don't have an issue with Steam, but I find having a hard disk ultimately more convenient for installation and/or re-installation on both my desktop and gaming laptop. In addition, I have a "Prime" account with Amazon, which gets me free overnight shipping on new release games. They ship a day ahead, so I get it delivered to my door on release day.

However, Amazon only has the Steam download edition listed plus a link to a UK seller for the LE edition with a higher price plus a transit time of 3 weeks after release. I have yet to find the LE (hard copy) edition listed anywhere in the US. It hardly makes sense to pre-order unless one is getting some sort of bonus over waiting until release day.

It also seems odd that all the UK and European sellers have had the LE edition available for pre-order almost since it was announced, but with less than a month to go, I cannot find a US dealer with it listed. If one goes to the official site for the pre-order bonus descriptions, the LE (Saga bonus clan) still shows as "coming soon".

I may just wait and get the regular disk copy if and when it comes available. I'm figure the bonus clans will be all eventually be made playable through DLC's.

Cheers

easytarget
02-28-2012, 02:07

I agree that's the pre-order bonus clan I'm interested in as well, and I find it pretty annoying CA and SEGA can't get their together sufficiently to get it out in the US.

xploring
02-28-2012, 09:54
the retail price in Australia for the limited edition compared to other editions available gives the impression of the customers being financially sodomized. I still want the retail edition with the installation disc, but I may wait until I see it cheaper and get all 3 DLC factions later on.

EDIT: I just double checked and it looks like the Steam version has gone up in price from $29.99 USD to $49.99 USD.
So it looks like the SEGA version (with only the Obama DLC for pre-orders) is the cheapest at $29.99

You can get the Saga one here: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/total-war-shogun-2-fall-of-the-samurai-limited-edition-game-pc

They ship for free to Australia, and $5 cheaper too.

Jacobin
02-28-2012, 15:10
When I've won with every vanilla STW2 faction at Legendary - i.e. probably never!

Seriously because I love the Heian period and the Tale of the Heike and the Yoshitsune are my two favourite Japanese books I can't see myself enjoying a campaign which makes far too many changes in historical terms (if it was accurate you'd have just two factions with armies made up entirely of samurai horse archers and useless peasant levies - which would hardly be Total War).

Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout
02-29-2012, 21:04
Getting it dispatched by Amazon on the 26th of feb.

phonicsmonkey
03-08-2012, 04:14
I am quite excited about this and will probably get it soon after release. I didn't get Rise of the Samurai but I want to see the trains, gatling guns and torpedo ships!

Graphic
03-08-2012, 05:25
Pre-ordered from the Sega store for the Obama faction. If anyone is wondering, it was easy and simple. I might buy TW games from them in the future just for the heck of it.

easytarget
03-15-2012, 02:50
Follow up regarding US retail of the Limited Edition featuring the Saga clan, it's now available through Best Buy pre-order either for shipment or in store pick up.

I pulled the trigger earlier this evening for pick up in store next Friday. Glad to see they finally got this version available in the U.S. After reading about the 3 clan bonuses, this was the one I was most interested in (I'm sure down the road when available I'll pick up the other two as DLC), meanwhile I just thought with the advent of technology being one of the defining characteristics of the campaign, it only made sense to go for the bonus featuring the clan that was an early adopter of tech.

Well, that, and I didn't want to wait hours for my slowish broadband to download the game Friday night and wanted to just install from disc. :beam:

Graphic
03-15-2012, 04:51
As far as I know you don't need to pre-order the limited edition to get the clan, its just part of the limited edition itself. So you could buy a sealed copy six months after release and still get it because its part of the limited edition key. That's the way it was with the past limited/imperial edition kinds of deals.

andrewt
03-15-2012, 16:01
I pre-ordered the limited edition from Amazon. If it's the wrong one, I'll just cancel it. Diablo 3 is coming out May 15 so I'll probably have time to squeeze in one domination campaign, even with my relatives visiting for a month.

Graphic
03-15-2012, 19:18
Those of you on the fence might want to check out the third reveal trailer from CA.

I want this NOW.

03-15-2012, 19:36
Third reveal trailer?

Graphic
03-15-2012, 20:05
Third reveal trailer?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140562-Fall-of-the-Samurai-video-collection-(new-vid-as-of-Mar-10)

easytarget
03-16-2012, 02:46
As far as I know you don't need to pre-order the limited edition to get the clan, its just part of the limited edition itself. So you could buy a sealed copy six months after release and still get it because its part of the limited edition key. That's the way it was with the past limited/imperial edition kinds of deals.

No doubt true, but then I wouldn't be playing it next Friday...

easytarget
03-16-2012, 02:47
I pre-ordered the limited edition from Amazon. If it's the wrong one, I'll just cancel it. Diablo 3 is coming out May 15 so I'll probably have time to squeeze in one domination campaign, even with my relatives visiting for a month.

I've seen a fair amount of confirmation this is the LE, up to and included ppl directly in contact with amazon to confirm what they are sending out is in fact the LE edition.

03-16-2012, 08:21
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140562-Fall-of-the-Samurai-video-collection-(new-vid-as-of-Mar-10)

Ah ok, thanks

mhz1000a
03-16-2012, 11:49
can;t wait!!! i want to play!!:laugh4: