PDA

View Full Version : Unkillable Generals

jaspritsingh
04-20-2012, 09:38
After completing Egypt I got bored of France and hence play the 1805-12 Campaign as Austria. Rolling around happily for the first 2 years of the campaign. I noticed that some generals (Like the Russian Kutusov) wont die, but will always get injured despite the announcer happily proclaiming " We have killed their General". I know Napoleon cant be killed but are there any other unkillable generals ?

InsaneApache
04-21-2012, 04:12
Yes.

Fisherking
04-21-2012, 09:13
The leading general of each Major faction will come back injured rather than dead, most of the time.

I do remember Wellington being killed once in an early game I played, but generally your top men live on, though they lose abilities each time they are injured or are suffer serious defeat.

InsaneApache
04-21-2012, 10:56
IIRC the 'unkillerable' ones are Blucher, Kutusov, Napoleon, Wellington and the senior Austrian general whose name I forget, because they are all (initially) very similar sounding.

Are you sure you managed to kill Wellington Fisherking?

NB: The Austrian general is Osterreich-Teschen.

Hope that helps.

Fisherking
04-21-2012, 20:10
Are you sure you managed to kill Wellington Fisherking?

It was not that I killed him. I was playing as the British. The French did it.

If he was just wounded he never came back that I know of. I may have dumped the game for that reason but that was a very early game. One of the first I played. It seems I played with the Scotsman, I forget the name atm. The one that died in Spain IRL. At least I played on a few years and never saw Wellington again but in every other game I have played he has been unkillable.

Ibn-Khaldun
04-22-2012, 00:02
Will those unkillable generals die and disapper if their faction is destroyed but later reemerge?

Fisherking
04-22-2012, 07:35
Will those unkillable generals die and disapper if their faction is destroyed but later reemerge?

No, I think they are always there.

edyzmedieval
04-23-2012, 20:13
Can Russia or Austria re-emerge? I've never seen that in my campaigns.

Ibn-Khaldun
04-23-2012, 20:56
Can Russia or Austria re-emerge? I've never seen that in my campaigns.

In my campaign I destroyed and conquered all most of the provinces from Austria until they had only Vienna(I thought I will leave last). So, when I finally turned back Italy conquered it right under my nose. Later when I declared war against Italy and conquered Vienna I had the option to liberate them. Which I did just for fun(later realized it was a bad idea).
So, it's not excactly re-emerging but close.

Gengis
10-02-2012, 20:10
Unkillable generals in NTW ? There is no general more unkillable than a fully experienced one in MTW1, one time an enemy general slayed half my army alone before finally dying :D