PDA

View Full Version : Is nt fts a tactical mess

Jo the Greek
05-13-2012, 12:18
Hi its long time since i wrote here

I dont own fts but i want to ask if you find fts confusing in terms of tactics

Ok its logic that in the start of the game cause of the medieval like era of the various factions guns should be used similar to tercios

Then we move into Napoleonic tactics especially the new modes has made them possible

But at the same time in the era European armies moved awayt from Napoleonic tactics into using more modern methods like Skirmish line firing proned supported by columns

Is this possible in fts . I have nt seen that in videos and pics i see most players to play something hybrid between Napoleonic and tercios tactics .

Is it possible to use Franco prussian war tactics skirmish supported by columns i think you can spread you line infantry which will have many advantages as had in napoleon .

Nelson
05-13-2012, 14:27
Welcome back to the Org!

You want rifle infantry in thin lines to maximize firepower. Columns of anything can be wrecked by the modern artillery. The old style melee troops can be useful provided they are not subjected to much gunfire prior to contact. Such gunfire will be hard to avoid if the enemy has the kneel tech.

Kneel firing infantry is very powerful.

Troops can skirmish and indeed, the sharpshooters outrange other infantry. Only terrain can protect a target from artillery, though. Set up a skirmish and see what the guns do to approaching formations. Parrotts and Armstrongs are deadly. Gatlings are less so only for having a shorter range.

Jo the Greek
05-13-2012, 14:39
Welcome back to the Org!

You want rifle infantry in thin lines to maximize firepower. Columns of anything can be wrecked by the modern artillery. The old style melee troops can be useful provided they are not subjected to much gunfire prior to contact. Such gunfire will be hard to avoid if the enemy has the kneel tech.

Kneel firing infantry is very powerful.

Troops can skirmish and indeed, the sharpshooters outrange other infantry. Only terrain can protect a target from artillery, though. Set up a skirmish and see what the guns do to approaching formations. Parrotts and Armstrongs are deadly. Gatlings are less so only for having a shorter range.

well i was thinking more if line infantry can go skirmish i mean disperse and be used like that supported by columns as happened in that time