PDA

View Full Version : Best Artillery Units

jaspritsingh
05-21-2012, 10:29
Which Artillery Units would you rate as the best ones in

1. Early Game
2. Mid Game
3. End Game

I personally find the Horse Artillery Units most appealing. They can be rapidly moved across the field and provide fire support. I find that massing 4 units of 6lb Horse packs a good punch and has amazing speed on the battle field. Starting Game Armies in my games always field Horse artillery.

Peasant Phill
05-22-2012, 10:36
I also find the horse arti to be a great addition to any army. The ability to deploy them without hampering the movement of your army is great.
That being said, howitzers have their uses to in that respect.

InsaneApache
05-26-2012, 23:19
I love those Russian long rang howitzers. Talk about lie back and think of England! :laugh4:

Jacob_Sterlov
07-03-2015, 03:33
Horse artillery is good, but I prefer to have just a few to flank the marching enemy. Aside from that, it moves quickly over the map.

My favourite artillery units are the Howitzers, even if an elite 8 lbs. is more effective.
I think I love Howitzers because of the scenic effects, not because of the battle. As I said, if you groom your 8 lbs. and make it become elite unit, then you are really going to hit your targets... and if you manage to have six elite 8 lbs. units, well... the enemy would better be scared.