PDA

View Full Version : Re-Building of this Mod (!!!!!!)

Cute Wolf
05-25-2012, 18:08
It's not June yet, but I think we should start our work now...
allright, Rahwana is nowhere to be found, GSS also missing, and we don't have much resources left, however I can make up the difference as I can now manage the codings by myself... and Pluto and Intifadanyz is still here...

well, before I made the new modfolder for this, I'd like to move this mod from being BI-based into RTW-based (seriously, BI can be added later), and using senate politics to portay Javanese civil wars (now, don't looking like that at me, I know this could be a bit Java-centric, but... well... since there is only one european faction at 1511 and they better off using Egypt faction slot and Egyptian culture (buildings can be changed later)...

and since.... THE TRANSLATION OF UNITS CAN BE PUT LATER (!!!!), I'd like to actually working this in english version first.... so?

I propose the new faction lists as this:

culture Roman (Jawa Muslim)
romans_julii = Demak
romans_brutii = Gunungjati
romans_scipii = Palembang (Palembang dynast is actually Javanese ones)
romans_senate = Dewan Wali (act as "Senate" giving missions and such)

culture Carthaginian (Jawa Hindu)
carthage = Pajajaran
numidia = Majapahit

culture Greek (Melayu)
greek_cities = Melaka
macedon = Aceh
seleucid = Pagaruyung
thrace = Haru

culture Eastern (Kalimantan-Sulawesi)
parthia = Daha
armenia = Gowa
pontus = Kutai

culture Egyptian (European)
egypt = Portuguese

culture Barbarian (Tribal)
~ technically understrength, but we can portay it as minor tribes and such...
gauls = Dayak Tribes
germans = Batak Tribes
britons = Rimba Tribes
dacia = Orang Asli Tribes
spain = Toraja Tribes

this way, we start with very minimal modification of descr_sm_factions, and can fully use Senate mechanic...

so how about it? the map? of course, the very same map plan of our old NUSTWPI

plutoboyz
05-25-2012, 18:33
to be honest, these culture set are crappy. our last culture set were much better. and don't add more faction yet. even some our old faction are still need to be reviewed.

Cute Wolf
05-25-2012, 18:35
yeah, but this way, the culture set is optimized for senate campaign... we don't even need to change factions' cultures in descr_sm_faction, the one very fatal mistake we make in last build (it make rebel factions stuck and gave untraceable CTD in mapping... so that's one of the reason why NUSTWPI stuck)

plutoboyz
05-25-2012, 18:44
I find senate campaign... revolting.

perhaps you should look my old maps and see why this new concept is unmatched with political condition at that time.

Cute Wolf
05-25-2012, 18:47
I find senate campaign... revolting.

perhaps you should look my old maps and see why this new concept is unmatched with political condition at that time.

remember that the Muslim Javanese practically tag teamed everyone near them until they collapse in their own brutal civil wars

yes, this is Java centric I know, but...

plutoboyz
05-25-2012, 19:14
Existing faction in 1511(if our map range unchanged):

Demak(yes, not Bintara, Bintara is local name for the capital)
Pajajaran
Haru
Aceh
Melaka
Pagaruyung
Nagara Daha
Blambangan
Gowa-Tallo'

we can put into this culture

1. Javanese faction
Demak
Blambangan

2. Melayu
Melaka
Pagaruyung

3. Aceh
Aceh

4. Sulu
Nagara Daha
Gowa Tallo'

5. Sunda
Pajajaran

6. European
Portuguese

finish our old concept first, I say.

Nyz
05-26-2012, 04:46
CW, I have no problem for a Java centric based mod. But the mod shouldn't use "Portuguese Invasion" as the title. Perhaps some Javanese title?

If we wanna focus on PI, then we should use old concept.

I like how you put a list of tribes as factions. I am not sure if it is best to put them in 1 culture (to avoid CTD), or put them under respective culture (as what we made previously, kota merdeka under malay, bhumi mardika under javanese). But orang asli and rimba tribes can be combined, and toraja tribe expand to be free factions of Sulawesi and Maluku.

Anyway, for me, old concept also good, just add faction(s) that representing free factions for each area.

Wanna use RTW or BI?

Cute Wolf
05-26-2012, 07:33
actually I just want to use title Nusantara Total War , droppping the Portuguese invasion subtitle, how about that?

and this time the modfolder would be made for RTW, but make executable on BI later, rather than use BI's bugged list of factions (having make NETW giving me some experiences of which factions are hardcodedly bugged, honestly - some factions just cannot have their culture changed in BI, for no reasons at all)

Nyz
05-26-2012, 08:05
actually I just want to use title Nusantara Total War , droppping the Portuguese invasion subtitle, how about that?

and this time the modfolder would be made for RTW, but make executable on BI later, rather than use BI's bugged list of factions (having make NETW giving me some experiences of which factions are hardcodedly bugged, honestly - some factions just cannot have their culture changed in BI, for no reasons at all)

Hmm, somewhat I understand the issue....

Reza
05-26-2012, 08:39
very good,you want to add more region and tribal faction

where to download 3ds max,i want to help you reskining the building

Nyz
05-27-2012, 00:27
Well, we have to omit hording feature for Portuguese if we use RTW? Then we have to give Portuguese a settlement to start?

plutoboyz
05-27-2012, 02:51
where to download 3ds max,i want to help you reskining the building

you can buy it.

Cute Wolf
05-27-2012, 03:02
Well, we have to omit hording feature for Portuguese if we use RTW? Then we have to give Portuguese a settlement to start?

ofcourse, making them have a settlement there first

after the campaign are done, we can port the mod to BI (seriously), and make Portuguese start hording

plutoboyz
05-27-2012, 03:03

If we are going to change the main theme, then we have to set different starting date. and abandoned most research material. we need more guy to do it. However if you only change the title, I guess its okay.

Reza
05-27-2012, 03:24
Buy?there's no software shop in tuban.so i have to download it

Nyz
05-27-2012, 12:01
ofcourse, making them have a settlement there first

after the campaign are done, we can port the mod to BI (seriously), and make Portuguese start hording

I suggest make Goa (India) at the edge of the left top as chunk of land, where Portuguese will start and recruit their main unit and Hindu Mercenary

Cute Wolf
05-27-2012, 14:02
I suggest make Goa (India) at the edge of the left top as chunk of land, where Portuguese will start and recruit their main unit and Hindu Mercenary

well, this sounds interesting, so just like VI2 have the norway edge then?

Nyz
05-28-2012, 02:12
well, this sounds interesting, so just like VI2 have the norway edge then?

Making small chunk of land or big landmass (to avoid landmass ratio related-CTD) at Indian ocean as India

Nyz
06-03-2012, 16:33
and since.... THE TRANSLATION OF UNITS CAN BE PUT LATER (!!!!), I'd like to actually working this in english version first.... so?

It seem that our way of making unit roster is different. You make the roster list first, then (strugglingly try to) find the equivalent translation (and your way of working seem with Pazu and others), while my way is finding the names in old texts first, then base on the name / description, propose the unit roster list... hmmm

plutoboyz
06-03-2012, 17:00
whoa... just noticed that. well, if that is what you want, you don't need historian. you need translator.

Cute Wolf
06-04-2012, 09:53
wait for a moment, the modfolder is still has errors in it,...