PDA

View Full Version : meh

Dimeola
06-05-2012, 04:24
....guess ive lost my edge...cant get very far. What i dont get realistically is why when it is tough for me to get a decent sized army the ai seems to have an unlimited manpower pool. When rebellion arises they have a full stack, where did these guys come from? Mebbe i dont enjoy the longterm challenge anymore but rebels wiping out my army.....perhaps i can rebuild but IF I survive would take a long time and cant catch up. meh, maybe Ive just lost my touch lol.

Gregoshi
06-05-2012, 07:02
Dimeolas, if you are just starting out with TWS2, don't worry too much. Almost everyone was getting pounded by the AI until we ("we" as in "not me") figured out the economy among other things. Check out the guides section for tips in being successful in your campaign.

Dimeola
06-05-2012, 08:01
thx gregoshi.....all i want atm is to be able to stay alive until i can build a powerfull navy, own the traderoutes and rule the seas......dont want much lol.

Peasant Phill
06-05-2012, 11:23
Check out Frogbeastegg's guide in the guide section. It has a specific chapter on how to stay alive for the first few turns.

Dimeola
06-05-2012, 20:33
cool, thx phill

I_damian
06-07-2012, 00:12
I just had to swallow my pride and take the campaign difficulty down to normal. Same in S2TW. I just get popped like a balloon if I play on hard. It's the same problem as you have - the AI coming at me with unbelievable stacks of units when I can barely afford half a stack of ashigaru/levies. The best one was a hard campaign yesterday in S2 as the Hojo. Turn 8, Oda land a stack with 15 units of yari Samurai in my territory and declare war. It's literally impossible for the Oda to recruit 15 units of yari Samurai in 7 turns (it would take at least 1 to load them on boats and travel to Hojo land).

Yup... just go to normal.

Dimeola
06-07-2012, 08:02
I`m guessing the ai doesnt have to mess with the economy, at least i dont see any way it can and get the military they get :(

easytarget
06-09-2012, 21:43
The AI has one rather large advantage, the clans it controls do not have preservation or expansion to win the campaign long term as parameters they have to bother with. So they have the luxury of basically playing in a rather suicidal fashion.

I experienced the same thing playing the board game Risk as a kid, my brother played with one objective in mind, wrecking me. Since he wasn't playing to win, merely to take me with him, his actions upset the balance of power handing the game to one of the other players.

For me at least, the same holds true with the AI, while it's blitzkrieg style is often focused on destroying the human player in particular, it can be dealt with, and it inevitably leaves gaping holes in the defense of the rest of that clan's provinces you can take advantage of, assuming you can survive the onslaught of course. :laugh4:

Dimeola
06-13-2012, 09:05
...made it thru 1868 until Obama Clan declared war. Trumped him at sea but he wiped me on land. I went into 1869 with just the fleet of 8 16 gunners just hunting enemy ships. came upon one 16 gunner and that lone ship managed to sink four of mine, love the naval aspect but it isnt realisitic. probably take a lil time off from it.